Yea, Monday, celebrate TeaDay, 2/11/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

So, yesterday's results made me wonder, how old are you anyway?

Under 20
7%
20 to 29
52%
30 to 39
21%
40 to 49
11%
50 to 59
7%
60 to 69
2%
70 or over
No votes

Total votes: 56

Feb 11th, '08, 11:32

by Selaphiel » Feb 11th, '08, 11:32

I`m 24 years old. As you can see in my profile I`m currently residing in the capitol of Norway, Oslo. I`m originally from a much smaller city though, called Sarpsborg founded by one of Norways most famous kings Olaf the holy.

I`ve been on 8 hours worth of lectures at the university today, so havent had the time to have any tea today. But gonna make myself a nice bowl of Matcha as soon as I`m done with dinner :)

Feb 11th, '08, 12:12

by tenuki » Feb 11th, '08, 12:12

43 yr/old midwestern german/english extraction living in Seattle area. But I act about 12 most of the time.

Today it's some more 2007 Autumn Yu-Shan Organic Honey-aroma Oolong, Hand Harvested
Sha Li Sian section, Yu-Shan, Taiwan. Say that 5 times fast..

Feb 11th, '08, 12:48

by tenuki » Feb 11th, '08, 12:48

Already on my second gaiwan - ali shan oolong from teahome. using boiling water today, instead of 208 degree. really changes the character. I always like the taste of a tea brewed off a boil better, but the zushi is sooo convenient that I often don't do it. this is how I keep from getting bored with a tea. :D
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Feb 11th, '08, 13:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 11th, '08, 13:32

Oy...I didn't think everyone would share their age. This is why I suggested some alternate discussion about yourselves such as gender and lineage. So, I am now concerned that some folks who are sensitive about their age may not post to TeaDay because of apprehension if they post without their age they will also draw attention to themselves.

So, I will set the precedent for anyone to follow...and not disclose my age. :wink: Please, do not feel you must disclose your age. That was not my intent.

Otherwise, I am a TeaMan of mostly German descent with a little bit of this and that thrown in. My brother is the only member of my family diplaying the little bit of Native American lineage.

I am having a great sencha session so far. Takumi from Yame prefecture. The first 3 steeps were very full and flavorful before tapering off for the 4th and 5th. Delicious.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 11th, '08, 13:34
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Feb 11th, '08, 13:34

Started the day with Golden Monkey. I've really been leaning towards this tea as of late.

I'm female despite the name. I've been on the internet since at least 1987 with some regularity (although I was on probably around 1983-1985 -- college stuff) and used skywarrior for years. This puts me somewhere in my 40's-ish. I have tea older than Fukamushi Dynasty. And yeah, I've really been drinking tea THAT long.

I spent six months in Japan, but never set foot on the ground. (Figure that out, if you can). Family: switched at birth, raised by wolves. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I'm thinking of having some assam later. Maybe chocolate. And probably dip into the Dan Cong tea. Yum.

Feb 11th, '08, 13:37

by tenuki » Feb 11th, '08, 13:37

Chip wrote:Oy...I didn't think everyone would share their age.
Hey, I'm proud to have managed to stay alive this long considering some of the hair-brained things I've done. :D

Feb 11th, '08, 13:39
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Feb 11th, '08, 13:39

fencerdenoctum wrote:
Today is a no tea day. This is an alarming trend.

The Tea Sipping Swordsman,
Fencerdenoctum
:shock:
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.

Feb 11th, '08, 13:58

by Chip » Feb 11th, '08, 13:58

skywarrior wrote:I spent six months in Japan, but never set foot on the ground. (Figure that out, if you can). Family: switched at birth, raised by wolves. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
A riddle for TeaDay...how did Sky live in Japan for 6 months and never set foot on the ground???

Is she a true skywarrior, a raptor? This requires a group effort to figure this out.

Wassup Fence??? Is that a cry for help?
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 11th, '08, 14:03

by tenuki » Feb 11th, '08, 14:03

Chip wrote:
skywarrior wrote:I spent six months in Japan, but never set foot on the ground. (Figure that out, if you can). Family: switched at birth, raised by wolves. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
A riddle for TeaDay...how did Sky live in Japan for 6 months and never set foot on the ground???

Is she a true skywarrior, a raptor? This requires a group effort to figure this out.

Wassup Fence??? Is that a cry for help?
Hmn, navy posting?

I believe she plays with raptors, no?

Feb 11th, '08, 14:11

by Salsero » Feb 11th, '08, 14:11

I am a 21-yr-old male adonis who is on a third infusion of Ratnapura from the Vithanakande estate in Ceylon. Well, maybe closer to a 58-yr-old metrosexual (my new vocab word for the week) who's subliminated it all into tea and cooking rather than clothing.

Extraction: 13/16 German, 3/16 Bohemian, with the Bohemian ascendant.

My next project is to decide which green to move to in the afternoon and then select a puerh or yancha for the evening.

Feb 11th, '08, 14:26

by Sam. » Feb 11th, '08, 14:26

Oh, lineage. From what I know I'm pretty pure-bred Scottish possibly with a tad bit of English. :)

Feb 11th, '08, 15:11

by Scarlet Glow » Feb 11th, '08, 15:11

I brought some freshly made sencha with me to class this morning... chemistry class I might add.

I'm a 21 year old female college student. My mom's side is Pennsylvania Dutch and my dad's side is Native American mixed with Spanish. -sigh- I inherited my mom's liquid paper white skin while my dad enjoys his year around tan. So not fair! :wink:

Chip - TeaMan... that sounds like a super hero. Dun da da da... it's TeaMan! Saving the world from horribly bitter tea, one cup at a time! Err... something like that. :wink:

Feb 11th, '08, 15:26

by Ladytiger » Feb 11th, '08, 15:26

I'm part of the younger then 20 years. My heritage is mostly German with a speck of French, Irish and Polish.
Yummy Irish Breakfast was this morning. I steeped it for 4 minutes and got my ideal steapage. It has a nice punch to it.

Feb 11th, '08, 16:34

by Victoria » Feb 11th, '08, 16:34

Well ummm not sure I want to disclose my age, no one ever believes it anyway.
Let's just say I've seen a few presidents, even related to one! Yeah, changing the subject.

I am primarily of German descent, my family came from Baden Baden and settled in Indiana, but I was born and raised in Ohio. So I feel very much like a mid-west girl living in the big city.

My current brew is a Rose TQY very mild, with the trailing end of this cold, I can barely detect it. Nice flavor though.

Feb 11th, '08, 16:55

by Jack_teachat » Feb 11th, '08, 16:55

I've just turned twenty one and have been drinking tea seriously for a few months now. Today has been a pretty rubbish teaday for me, as not being at home all I have consumed is one cup of Twinnings green tea which appeared to have lost all of its flavour, must have been an old bag!

On a much more positive note, my housemate has informed me that first ever tea order has arrived in the post today from O-cha consisting of 1 bag of daily sencha and 1 bag of Yutaka Midori! However I have also come down today with a bit of a cold, so will be saving the good first flush stuff until that clears up :( I am really very excited as this will be my first experience with some excellent greens and hope that my brewing skills do them justice! Will keep everyone updated with how I get on :D

Peace
Jack