Infusing black teas w/flavored oils?

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Jun 7th, '05, 16:10
Mod/Admin

Infusing black teas w/flavored oils?

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:10

I have been addicted to Decaf Cinnamon Orange Spice Black tea from a company called Starwest Botanicals. They just now discontinued the decaf version and I'm desperate! It's a very hearty black, and the cinnamon is strong and sweet. No other "Cinnamon/Orange" I've tasted has compared, and the decaf part has been crucial, as my migraines are aggravated by caffeine.

My question is this: Does anyone know how I might try to replicate this brew? Buying a quality decaf black and infusing it with cinnamon and orange oils? How do you get the oils to disperse and blend? Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

P.S. The original tea was very strong re: the flavors, and didn't lose this over time. I suspect there may have been other ingredients unfortunately contributing to this, but I just can't stand flavored black teas that are wimpy on the flavor!

Angel O' Funk

Jun 7th, '05, 16:11
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:11

i'm looking for a strwberry darjeeling mix...cannot find any.
the taste is awesome, the smell is heavenly.
please let me know where i can buy some?

aurora hinchey

Jun 7th, '05, 16:11
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:11

Angel...

Check out the web address www.texasyummytea.com

The tea available from this company is exactly what you are seeking, & they have free samples that they will send for you to try.

lgbarnett

Jun 25th, '05, 03:08

by mel » Jun 25th, '05, 03:08

After reading your post, I was tempted to find a strawberry darjeeling blend myself. I finally found this place that sells the blend.

I just ordered some and hope it'll be as good as it sounds. Let me know if you like it or not. =)
Mel

Jul 11th, '05, 14:58

by Morgan » Jul 11th, '05, 14:58

try Hot Cinnamon Spice from Harney & Sons
www.harney.com
even if you decaf it yourself, the flavor is quite strong and will hold up well. The best cinnamon tea I've tasted.

+ Post Reply