Hi from Texas

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Feb 11th, '08, 11:59

Hi from Texas

by TexasTea » Feb 11th, '08, 11:59

Hi! I've been a casual tea drinker for most of my life, but I'm new to Adagio and TeaChat, and pretty new to serious tea drinking. By casual, I mean I've always preferred tea over coffee, and I do appreciate the various black blends and herbals - I've consumed quite a bit of Republic of Tea in my time, among others.

I got interested in serious tea drinking in January after reading "The Ultimate Tea Diet" by Mark "Dr. Tea" Ukra. It's a great introduction for casual drinkers into the world of loose tea and the health benefits of drinking tea!

I already had a small brown betty teapot, and have added a 6 cup brown betty (my roommate and I are sharing this new obsession) and a 15 oz Beehouse Pot (see my avatar) with two pedestal mugs. My IngenuiTEA should be arriving tomorrow along with the green tea sampler and numerous other samples.

I have the fortune of living near a wonderful Tea Shop - Keria Teas in Round Rock, TX. I'm learning a lot there, have attended several tea tastings. My absolute fave tea there is a Ginger Lime Rooibos blend, though I'm also drinking Nilgiri Tiger Hill. I tend to drink mostly black teas and herbals, though I'm trying to learn more and develop a taste for green tea, and I'd love to learn more about the Gong Fu tea ceremony.

I tend to lurk much more than I post in forums, but I'll do my best to jump in and share. Looking forward to learning from all you experts!

Feb 11th, '08, 12:40

by tenuki » Feb 11th, '08, 12:40

Welcome! Be sure to check out the daily 'what's in your cup' thread, it's a great way to get to know everyone on here and see what they like to drink.

Feb 11th, '08, 14:08
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 11th, '08, 14:08

tenuki wrote:Welcome! Be sure to check out the daily 'what's in your cup' thread, it's a great way to get to know everyone on here and see what they like to drink.
Good idea Tenuki!!! Be sure to visit TeaDay.

Welcome TexasTea to TeaChat. I hope you stick around and share many a cup with all of us. TeaChat is not only a great resource for tea info, but the TeaFellowship is the best.

Feb 12th, '08, 09:39

by Sam. » Feb 12th, '08, 09:39

Welcome, fellow Texan.

Feb 12th, '08, 13:34

by Wesli » Feb 12th, '08, 13:34

Welcome!

+ Post Reply