Good high-end Yin Zhen source?

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

Dec 31st, '07, 18:10

Good high-end Yin Zhen source?

by joelbct » Dec 31st, '07, 18:10

Like many 'varieties' of tea out there, I have noticed a large range of quality in tea's sold as Yin Zhen, from lousy to sublime.

Can anyone point me to a good source to order around 250 or 500 grams of quality Fujian Yin Zhen/ Silver Needles? Thanks!

Jan 5th, '08, 02:47
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 5th, '08, 02:47

I hate to say this again, but TeaSpring has a very good Yin Zhen...the price seems very good too. I had the 2006 harvest last Winter, but have yet to get 2007 harvest. I know someone who just got the adagio "silver needles," she likes it a lot.

I really liked the 2006 harvest, that is all I can say. Interestingly, they have a green Yin Zhen too. I prefer the white though. But it was interesting trying the green version.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jan 5th, '08, 11:37

by JT » Jan 5th, '08, 11:37

Rishi has some very good quality Fuding Bai Hao Yin Zhen. It is very tasty but not cheap.
Teaspring's offering is Zhang He Bai Hao Yin Zhen . I've had their 2007 harvest and it is nice and affordable.
Adagio's silver needle is pretty good. I'm not sure but I think it's a Fuding Da Hao.
Upton has a few different silver needles. The only one i tried from them was a sample of China Yin Zhen Bai Hao Downy White Pekoe. It was good but seems overpriced.
The taste of the Fuding and Zhang He are different to me. I like both so i end up buying a bag of each.

Feb 13th, '08, 00:59

by inspectoring » Feb 13th, '08, 00:59

JT wrote:Rishi has some very good quality Fuding Bai Hao Yin Zhen. It is very tasty but not cheap.
Teaspring's offering is Zhang He Bai Hao Yin Zhen . I've had their 2007 harvest and it is nice and affordable.
Adagio's silver needle is pretty good. I'm not sure but I think it's a Fuding Da Hao.
Upton has a few different silver needles. The only one i tried from them was a sample of China Yin Zhen Bai Hao Downy White Pekoe. It was good but seems overpriced.
The taste of the Fuding and Zhang He are different to me. I like both so i end up buying a bag of each.
I have to agree. Their 2006 harvest was really good...I mean really good..but this 2007 harvest - completely devine!!!! I mean words can not describe it....

+ Post Reply