Squeeze Handle Mesh Infuser

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Squeeze Handle Mesh Infuser

Postby Aphroditea » Feb 15th, '08, 18:13

I haven't seen anyone mention these and it is something I keep a few of on hand. A tea infuser which is a mesh ball on the end of what looks like a giant diaper pin. It is amazingly easy to use, quick and convenient and easy on the hands. And, since it is sturdy, you can stir in your honey, sugar, cream, etc with it!

Aphroditea

Postby scruffmcgruff » Feb 15th, '08, 20:00

It's also called a teaball. While they are convenient, a number of people don't like them as they prevent tea leaves from fully expanding and releasing the best of their flavor.
scruffmcgruff

Postby Pentox » Feb 15th, '08, 20:42

Yeah, I have to agree with scruff on this one, they really do get railed big time. The expansion prevention is pretty big. I have heard people say a few good things about the tea sticks if you want to look at one of those, a bit better for expansion, and basically the same convenience factor.
Pentox

Postby Mary R » Feb 15th, '08, 22:09

Really? Maybe we're thinking of two different products, but the tea sticks I'd seen actually give less room than a ball.
Mary R

Postby Pentox » Feb 15th, '08, 22:16

Mary R wrote:Really? Maybe we're thinking of two different products, but the tea sticks I'd seen actually give less room than a ball.

Depends on the ball, for instance I've used the one pictured above, most of the tea sticks i've seen provide more room than that does.
Pentox

Postby Daughteroftheki... » Feb 16th, '08, 17:27

I was drawn to the teastick by the coolness factor of its sleek design, but the leaves ended up being horribly cramped, which also made it a pain to clean.

The tea ball Aphroditea posted comes in a larger size, giving more room than the teastick, but most of the teaballs are just as small.
Daughteroftheki...

Instant Messenger

Permissions