Blending Kit

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Blending Kit

Postby Pentox » Feb 16th, '08, 04:30

Looking at all of the different blends I think it would be really fun to have a work on your own blend kit. Basically sample size or more amounts of most of the flavored teas, or in groupings of ten like set A, B, C, etc. That way people could get a set of teas to mix and match to makeup a blend before posting it. It would be really neat if there were some sort of blend chest which was like a chest of teas with all the different blend ingredients in it to choose from.
Pentox

Postby madman91 » Feb 25th, '08, 23:38

Also, it would be nice to get a mixing bowl and whatnot :)

Count me in!
madman91

Postby ilya » Feb 26th, '08, 01:57

I was thinking of creating something like this, but with over 100 teas that can become part of a blend I'm not sure how to proceed. It would not be practical to create a 100 tins sampler set and I'm not sure what criteria to use to assemble smaller sets. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
ilya
Site Admin

Postby Eastree » Feb 26th, '08, 02:06

Well, some pipe tobacco vendors sell 'blending tobacco' but considering most pipe tobaccos *are* blends, and Adagio sells loose teas, the work is already done, it seems.
Eastree

Postby Mary R » Feb 26th, '08, 09:57

Maybe you could limit the kit to 10 or so different samples and let the consumer pick which ones he or she would like?
Mary R

Postby Pentox » Feb 26th, '08, 14:37

I was thinking that the kits could consist of different portions of the blend options. For instance have a flavored black kit which would contain a number of flavored black teas (although since that's the largest one it would probably span multiple) and then a green kit and so on and so forth.

I like mary's idea too about letting you choose, but i didn't know if that would be a bit harder to end up making since each kit would be different, with a Set A, B, C, style you know what you have to fill it with.

What would make this way ultra crazy awesome cool would be if they had a nice wood/bamboo tea chest to go with it, basically a multi slotted box to either just fill (although that probably wouldn't ship well) or fit in sampler tins in. I have seen a lot of these around, but none that would be good for loose leaf only teabags, but if you could find one that was suited for the sampler tins that would work perfectly.

(I'm amused how my idea went for 10 days without a peep and then BAM)
Pentox

Postby LavenderPekoe » Feb 26th, '08, 14:52

Ilya, would you be able to do smaller bags instead of whole 1 ounce samples? I know that isn't really your way of doing things, but it might make it a lot easier to get so many teas together.
LavenderPekoe

Postby Pentox » Feb 26th, '08, 15:14

If you go too small though you won't be able to do much blending.
Pentox

Postby LavenderPekoe » Feb 26th, '08, 15:31

Right, but a half ounce in a bag would be much lighter and take up much less room and still give you a good amount to play with.
LavenderPekoe

Postby Pentox » Feb 26th, '08, 17:48

Do you think you could post a list of the categories/teas availiable for blending? I would make one myself, but it's a bit troublesome to generate a list from a dropdown menu, and I'm sure you guys can pull it much easier.
Pentox

Instant Messenger

Permissions