Sunday, 2/17/08, AKA TeaDay

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

What tea do you want to try next?

Matcha
14%
Japanese Green
16%
Chinese Green
No votes
Oolong
18%
White
4%
Black from a country I have not tried
12%
Pu-erh
18%
A special flavored tea I have been watching
2%
Yerba Maté
No votes
Rooibus
No votes
An herbal I have wanted to try
2%
Other...(I can't name them all :)
12%
Late entry...Yellow Tea
4%

Total votes: 51

Feb 17th, '08, 03:27
Scrolling: scrolling

Sunday, 2/17/08, AKA TeaDay

by Chip » Feb 17th, '08, 03:27

Sunday is a great day to declare TeaDay!!!

So, come to TeaDay and share what is in your cup...stop by often. While here, make sure you see what is in everyone else's cup.

Remember, all are welcome...newbies or oldies to tea.

Today's TeaDay Poll...I hope you find it interesting. There is always something you have not tried, am I right. So, what do you really want to try next.

In the discussion of this subject, there are no real rules...if you drink pu-erh for example, but there is one that has been talking to you, share that with us. If you never tried Pu-erh, but want to try that, great, tell us.

You get the idea.

Have a great TeaDay everyone and see you here!!!
Last edited by Chip on Feb 17th, '08, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 17th, '08, 04:09

by olivierco » Feb 17th, '08, 04:09

The next new tea I will try will be Kabuku sencha (from Ippodo) or o-cha Tamaryokucha depending on which parcel will arrive first in my mailbox.

This morning Keemun Mao Feng (Palais des thés) for breakfast and Gyokuro (Tamayura) in a few minutes.

Feb 17th, '08, 04:44

by EvenOdd » Feb 17th, '08, 04:44

I'd like to try some more Japanese green. I've had Adagio's sencha overture and kukicha. I didn't quite care for them. I've had a genmaicha which is good once in a while. I will soon be tasting some O-cha kabusecha and Den's fukamushi.

After that? I'd like to try matcha.

After that? I'd like to try yerba mate.

Feb 17th, '08, 04:54

by Jack_teachat » Feb 17th, '08, 04:54

I voted Oolong because I've only had quite a standard store bought one before and alot of people on here, particularly Victoria, make it sound so tasty! I would also like to experiment with some quality Chinese greens and Matcha over the coming months.

No tea for me as yet (10am) but I plan on brewing some Yutaka Midori sencha as soon as I get home from studying in the library.

Right, back to work... :lol:

Feb 17th, '08, 07:46

by Jack_teachat » Feb 17th, '08, 07:46

Decided to come back a little early... On my first steep of Yutaka Midori... let the good times roll! :D

Feb 17th, '08, 07:53

by Selaphiel » Feb 17th, '08, 07:53

Today I started with some Uji Gyokuro Yume no Ukihashi. Tried out 10g, 100cc 60 degree celsius water for 2 minutes on the first infusion. This is really really good, the wet leaf aroma smelled of nice grilled salmon with butter. The tea is oily, sweet and has that fresh plant aroma without even a hint of bitterness.

2nd steep (30 seconds). Less oily, still sweet and nice, still a good presence of grilled salmon aroma. Extremely low bitternett, a little hint maybe.

3rd steep (55 seconds). More watery. Velvet like texture. More plant/grass aroma, less grilled salmon, more of a general marine backdrop. A tad of bitterness.

This is extremely good.

Feb 17th, '08, 08:19

by henley » Feb 17th, '08, 08:19

Just finished bfast where I fixed a pot of chocolate mint tea to go w/cinnamon rolls.

Interesting poll question. I'm looking at trying more oolong tea. I enjoy black tea but sometimes it can be a bit heavy, especially with spring & summer approaching. The only oolong I've tried (& liked) is pomegranate oolong. This group can always be counted on for ideas so suggestions are welcomed. :wink: I don't like anything floral or vegetal tasting.

Have a great day. Off to get everybody ready!
Oooh! I love masala cha! What brand are you drinking? My favorite is Tao of Tea's 500 mile cha, not as pepper heavy as most of the chai you get in the US.
BTW, to answer Tenuki's question, it was Adagio's Oriental Spice. That's the only loose chai I've tried.
Last edited by henley on Feb 17th, '08, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 17th, '08, 08:20

by Ladytiger » Feb 17th, '08, 08:20

Starting today out with some Orange Blossom Oolong from Chado which is very fragerant! I'm also having cinnamon rolls :lol:
I'm also wanting to try some whites and matcha next and maybe pu erh.

Feb 17th, '08, 08:43

by witches brew » Feb 17th, '08, 08:43

I'm in the mood to find a GOOD chamomile. I don't particularly like the flavor in any of the tea bags (gasp!) I've tried. I'm not going to know if I just dislike chamomile flavor in general, or only the bad presentation of it unless I try a sample of some good chamomile.

I'm sipping a lightly sweetened cup of rooibos right now. Not sure what I want next, maybe another cup of this.

Feb 17th, '08, 08:57

by TimeforTea » Feb 17th, '08, 08:57

EvenOdd wrote:I'd like to try some more Japanese green. I've had Adagio's sencha overture and kukicha. I didn't quite care for them. I've had a genmaicha which is good once in a while. I will soon be tasting some O-cha kabusecha and Den's fukamushi.
A tea chatter shared with me that she enjoyed adagio's sencha premier a lot more than sencha overture. You may want to try a sample of that.

Happy tea day!

Feb 17th, '08, 08:59

by TimeforTea » Feb 17th, '08, 08:59

This morning, I enjoyed a cup of vanilla green. In a couple of hours, we'll have citron green.

My next tea I am curious to try is oolong--I blame it on Victoria, with all her oolong chatting! :lol:
Last edited by TimeforTea on Feb 17th, '08, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 17th, '08, 09:06

by Ladytiger » Feb 17th, '08, 09:06

Time4Tea wrote:My next tea I am curious to try is oolong--I blame it on Victoria, with all her oolong chatting! :lol:
I know, it's all her fault.

Feb 17th, '08, 10:07

by omegapd » Feb 17th, '08, 10:07

Wanting to try a Pu-erh for me. I sent off for a sample a week ago or so. We'll see how it turns out.

This has been another Yerba Mate day for me so far. Enjoying a mug of Rosamonte now. Pretty stout and smoky. Love it...

EW

Feb 17th, '08, 11:20

by Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 17th, '08, 11:20

This morning is a the last remains of the sample from Den's mixed with a little bit of Guricha to get enough to leaf. It came out really good.

I picked other because I have no clue what I am going to try next. I would love to try a good oolong at some point. I would also love to try matcha but that may take a while. I am currently holding off on ordering any samples until I get close to the end of my Vanilla Rooibos to reorder that and try the Mango Rooibos. I also will be having some Indian teas in 3 or 4 weeks. I learned that my uncle was going to India on a business trip in a week and asked him if he could bring me back some Indian teas. He said he knew just the place to get a really good Darjeeling. I am looking forward to trying that or whatever black teas he brings back for me.

Feb 17th, '08, 11:49

by Mil » Feb 17th, '08, 11:49

I've got a sample of pu-erh dante from Adagio waiting for me, though I don't know if I'll get around to it today. Any brewing tips?

My utiliTEA kettle has arrived, and while I haven't perfected my technique for lower temps quite yet (the green area on the dial doesn't correspond to 180 degrees, alas) I'm absolutely loving having an electric kettle. It lives on my desk, so I can check my email while I wait for the water to boil instead of lurking impatiently in the kitchen.