Adagio's Booked.

If we've got something important to say, you'll hear it here first.

What do you think?

I'd sell my liver for it!
23%
I don't read much
13%
Eh, he's no James Norwood Pratt....
17%
I'd like to date the author!
46%

Total votes: 52

Oct 3rd, '05, 16:09

by chris » Oct 3rd, '05, 16:09

Whew!

That's a blast from the past-- we haven't actively offered that for years now (although it appears to still be on our site!).

Please keep in mind when perusing this that my writing has improved a lot, and that pricing and products have changed!

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Oct 3rd, '05, 16:47

by klemptor » Oct 3rd, '05, 16:47

I figured that pdf might be old because the IngenuiTEA was still called the Aria and you still offered the Duet teapots. (I meant to mention that in my post, actually, but I got distracted. By this ridiculous thing called "work." How annoying.) ;)

Do you guys still offer the CD? I saw some of the selections in the TeaMuse archive and was interested to listen to it. If you don't still offer it, can you post a playlist?
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Oct 3rd, '05, 17:16

by chris » Oct 3rd, '05, 17:16

Gladly! It is:

1. Mozart - Gran Partita
2. Beethoven - Piano Sonata no 8
3. Bach - Suite no 3 in D Major
4. Mahler - Symphony no 5
5. Mozart - Piano Concerto 21
6. Albinoni - Adagio in g minor
7. Beethoven - Violin Romance no 2
8. Greig - Peer Gynt: Aase's Death
9. Marcello - Oboe Concerto
10. Mozart - Eine Kline Nachtmusik

(unfortunately, we no longer offer the CD)

Oct 3rd, '05, 19:57

by Marlene » Oct 3rd, '05, 19:57

Realy!? Bummer, glad I got mine.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Oct 4th, '05, 13:19

by klemptor » Oct 4th, '05, 13:19

Does anyone have any feedback on the Tea Book. By now some of you must have received your copies.
Just got mine today. I love it! But this whole thing about Budda's eyelids...I think Chris is pulling a fast one on us. Next thing you know, he'll be trying to convince us that teabags are not the way to go! That Chris is such a kidder....
All of the photos were taken by myself and Mike on trips through China, Japan, India, and Sri Lanka.
Ilya and Michael - these pics are fab! Especially the ones on pages 64 and 65. And on page 9, I love the monk's shoes!
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Oct 5th, '05, 11:39

by jzero » Oct 5th, '05, 11:39

The book is great. It has some interesting information and anecdotes, and the photography is beautiful and the layout design is also very nice.

Perhaps it is beyond the scope of this book, but I would love to have seen more about the actual processing of the tea leaves, how they are dried, roasted, smoked, fermented, etc to produce the different types of teas.

I have to nitpick to come up with criticism, but here is what I found...I apologize in advance for my mother, who has literally worked 40 years as a secretary and thus trained me to go over my written homework with a fine-toothed comb.
I'm not sure if those are mistakes, but shouldn't the forward and afterward actually be "foreword" and "afterword?" There is also a misplaced space in the text block on page 37. ...and the Goddess whispered," The key for your future...
The only reason this is noticeable is because the spacing resulted in and "endquote" being printed at the beginning of the quote.

I want to emphasize that these are silly little things that I figured I would point out in case there is ever a 2nd edition.

Anyway, great work. I can't wait to see the next book...perhaps a big coffee table book so we can really get the full impact of the photography.

You should also bring your favorite TeaChatters (and perhaps me too?) with you on your next expedition to SE Asia. :D
They Call Me Jzero

Oct 5th, '05, 11:48

by Mike B » Oct 5th, '05, 11:48

If we're mentioning errata, scientific names should look like this: Capitalized lowercase -- not Capitalize Capitalize.

Oct 10th, '05, 10:29

by Guest » Oct 10th, '05, 10:29

i got my book the other day and it's fantastic!

mine wasn't signed, though. weren't they supposed to be?

Oct 10th, '05, 10:32

by Tadiera » Oct 10th, '05, 10:32

I must say I feel gypped! The photo on the back cover is a mirror-image of one of the photos inside the book itself!

Ahem.
Kidding aside (Though, really, it is; the one of the kettle and teacups? ;))...

I loved the book and it was very well put together and very well written. :)

Oct 10th, '05, 22:51

by Ric » Oct 10th, '05, 22:51

Looks like a good book!
In God's Grace,
Ric

Oct 12th, '05, 15:29

by chris » Oct 12th, '05, 15:29

I can't help but notice that your choices of dating me are starting to slip. I'm going to have to start making up new users and/or find something else to do with my weekends (I'm warning you -- I'll start writing another book!).

Seriously, folks. The book is now for sale here:

http://www.adagio.com/misc/a_guide_to_tea.html

Buy a copy for a friend!

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Oct 12th, '05, 15:57

by Tadiera » Oct 12th, '05, 15:57

chris wrote:I can't help but notice that your choices of dating me are starting to slip.
I do not mind - less competition! ;)

Nov 2nd, '05, 12:26

by jogrebe » Nov 2nd, '05, 12:26

chris wrote:I can't help but notice that your choices of dating me are starting to slip. I'm going to have to start making up new users and/or find something else to do with my weekends (I'm warning you -- I'll start writing another book!).
Sorry Chris but I'm a man therefore I would never consierder dating you ... but go ahead and start writing another book I dare you to follow through with your threat , If you do I'll just have to read it after enjoying your first book so much :wink:

John Grebe

Nov 2nd, '05, 13:04

by chris » Nov 2nd, '05, 13:04

Will do! The new book is in the works.

No worries about the dating thing, by the way. I've decided to become a monk.

(Just kidding, Tads.)

Glad to hear you've enjoyed it!

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Jan 15th, '06, 15:43

great book

by anniepants » Jan 15th, '06, 15:43

I thoroughly enjoyed the book! Beautifully written! :D

+ Post Reply