Saturday, 2/23/08, TeaDay for all

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Victoria is wondering, "So, how big is your cup anyway?"

1 OZ
4%
2 OZ
No votes
3 OZ
4%
4 OZ
4%
5-6 OZ
26%
7-8 OZ
15%
9-10 OZ
19%
11-12 OZ
13%
13-14 OZ
2%
15-16 OZ
13%
Bigger, OY!
No votes

Total votes : 47

Postby GeoffK » Feb 23rd, '08, 19:11

I enjoy doing Gong Fu style and sipping from tiny cups but when I'm just doing a cup for me I have a nice Japanese cup.

Today's tea:

Adagio's Yunnan Jing - Very tasty
and then a disaster of a Sencha see this thread for what happened
GeoffK

Postby Chip » Feb 23rd, '08, 19:29

Having Takumi sencha from Yame prefecture. This brewed up really nice today. I am on my second steep, came out sweet...the second steep may be the best.
Last edited by Chip on May 27th, '09, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Victoria » Feb 23rd, '08, 19:30

My second brew of the day happens to be some nice sencha
Victoria

Postby RussianSoul » Feb 23rd, '08, 19:48

Sencha Fukamushi from a local tea shop. I finished the first steep and am about to make the second. The tea is nice, but does not have this fullness and roundness that Den's Sencha Fuka-midori has. Is it because it is a different kind of Sencha or because its quality is lower?
RussianSoul

Postby RussianSoul » Feb 23rd, '08, 19:50

Chip wrote:Let's brew!!!

Ha! I just made my second brew! Better than the first. May I join you in this Sencha round table even though I am drinking a different Sencha?
RussianSoul

Postby Victoria » Feb 23rd, '08, 20:02

RussianSoul wrote:Sencha Fukamushi from a local tea shop. I finished the first steep and am about to make the second. The tea is nice, but does not have this fullness and roundness that Den's Sencha Fuka-midori has. Is it because it is a different kind of Sencha or because its quality is lower?

GeoffK is having Sencha Fukamushi, I thought maybe you were at his table.
Victoria

Postby RussianSoul » Feb 23rd, '08, 20:08

Victoria's Own wrote:GeoffK is having Sencha Fukamushi, I thought maybe you were at his table.

:D

Let's invite him to this one! Two Fukamushi and two Takumi - makes perfect sense!
RussianSoul

Postby henley » Feb 23rd, '08, 21:56

I had an informal tea tasting tonight. Pulled out the demitasse cups & tried all of the samples I got. Am looking forward to trying a full cup of each of them (& when I don't have to let them oversteep--little one is sick again). Thanx for the info on Adagio's Oolong #40 & #8. They were pretty good. The vanilla oolong is yummy. Jury is still out on the almond oolong. Will try a full cup before I make the final decision of keep or give away. The blackberry & raspberry were good, too. Making a full cup of blackberry now w/dinner--it's 9:00pm & I'm just getting to eat. Timer's beeping. Off to enjoy my tea!

Favorite cup varies w/mood. I have a 6 oz floral mug, 16 oz initial mug from hubby & my English teaware.
Last edited by henley on Feb 23rd, '08, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
henley

Postby Daughteroftheki... » Feb 23rd, '08, 22:27

When having people over, I like to use traditional porcelainEnglish-style teacups. They're all different, mostly picked up at antique/consignment shops, and guests choose which cup suits her fancy.

But my go-to cup every day, at home and at work, is a clear glass, footed 16-oz
handled cup (Target, WalMart, Bed Bath & Beyond all have them). I can enjoy the color of the tea, it keeps it hot, and I'm saTeasfied.

Today started with Lu An Gua Pian. Later switched to White Peach with a little summer Darjeeling added for strength/caffeine. 2nd & 3rd steepings of that went on ice.
Sadly, my iced tea tends to get carried around in an ugly 32 oz. insulated monster mug. It's so un-feminine that sometimes I just can't stand it. :?
Daughteroftheki...

Postby insanitylater » Feb 23rd, '08, 22:50

this is my main cup

so far today it has had these teas in it

chamomile
rooibos
green tea
insanitylater

Postby Victoria » Feb 23rd, '08, 22:58

daughteroftheKing wrote:When having people over, I like to use traditional porcelainEnglish-style teacups. They're all different, mostly picked up at antique/consignment shops, and guests choose which cup suits her fancy.

Like me? ;O)
Victoria

Postby Chip » Feb 23rd, '08, 23:15

Then I hope she has some glass ones too. ; )

Lu An Gua Pian...good green, dotK!!!! I did not get it this harvest but miss it.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Daughteroftheki... » Feb 23rd, '08, 23:20

You bet, Victoria. As soon as you get here. :)
Daughteroftheki...

Postby jogrebe » Feb 23rd, '08, 23:22

Which cup? I use a 3oz cup to match my gaiwan and a 6oz cup to match my ripe puerh yixing pot. For greens and blacks I brew with a SwissGold infuser basket in an 8oz mug.
jogrebe

Postby GeoffK » Feb 24th, '08, 00:08

Went to a new Korean place for dinner and had Barley Tea for the first time... It was quite yummy.
GeoffK

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions