Citron Green

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Postby ribex » Oct 16th, '05, 20:21

Almost forgot! I wanted to say that I infused two teaspoons of Citron Green *4* times in my ingenuiTEA today and while each cup has a different flavor to it, it's still completely drinkable (and not just watery). I'm learning so much about tea!

ribex
Posts: 13
Joined: Oct 13, '05

Postby Ric » Oct 16th, '05, 20:28

ribex wrote:I like this tea - maybe it's better for folks who have a sweet tooth or don't like the grassy taste of other greens.


I don't think it's sweet, but then I don't use sweetners in my tea - it kills the taste of the tea. :D

User avatar Ric
Posts: 97
Joined: Aug 25, '05
Location: Gator Country
Contact Ric:

Postby Ric » Oct 16th, '05, 20:29

ribex wrote:Almost forgot! I wanted to say that I infused two teaspoons of Citron Green *4* times in my ingenuiTEA today and while each cup has a different flavor to it, it's still completely drinkable (and not just watery). I'm learning so much about tea!


Keep on going! Ask any question you may have!

God Bless!

User avatar Ric
Posts: 97
Joined: Aug 25, '05
Location: Gator Country
Contact Ric:

Postby ribex » Oct 16th, '05, 21:17

I want to eventually wean myself off of sweeteners, but I really can't get myself to drink more than a sip without some splenda. I'm a tea-purist-wannabe, I guess.

ribex
Posts: 13
Joined: Oct 13, '05

Postby Ric » Oct 16th, '05, 21:37

ribex wrote:I want to eventually wean myself off of sweeteners, but I really can't get myself to drink more than a sip without some splenda. I'm a tea-purist-wannabe, I guess.


Well from growing up in the DEEP south, sweet tea is a staple like food is. That was the only way I would ever drink my tea. But as time went on I found out that all I was drinking was colored sugar water. UCK!

After I got into premium teas, I found that sweeteners ruined the taste of tea.

Switch to honey, then add less every day! :D

User avatar Ric
Posts: 97
Joined: Aug 25, '05
Location: Gator Country
Contact Ric:

Postby PeteVu » Oct 17th, '05, 00:26

i find that most of my guests who say they want sweet tea actually want a lighter and more crisp taste. I often brew a non-black tea and add in a little of an herbal infusion (my best reactions came from chamomile). green teas like gunpowder or most black teas are probably a bad idea, but light oolongs, jasmine, whites, or fluffy greens like kukitcha should be able to convert the most sugarly stubborn people. try a red bloom ball and two teaspoons of chamomile.

User avatar PeteVu
Posts: 269
Joined: Jul 15, '05
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact PeteVu:

Postby Ric » Oct 17th, '05, 01:59

PeteVu wrote:i find that most of my guests who say they want sweet tea actually want a lighter and more crisp taste. I often brew a non-black tea and add in a little of an herbal infusion (my best reactions came from chamomile). green teas like gunpowder or most black teas are probably a bad idea, but light oolongs, jasmine, whites, or fluffy greens like kukitcha should be able to convert the most sugarly stubborn people. try a red bloom ball and two teaspoons of chamomile.


I believe the "eye candy" from the red bloom would make the pickiest person forget about sweeteners! Good choice!

User avatar Ric
Posts: 97
Joined: Aug 25, '05
Location: Gator Country
Contact Ric:

Postby Ponderer » Oct 17th, '05, 23:17

I really like the “grassy” taste of untainted, normal green tea. Maybe I’m just weird.

Ponderer

Postby Ric » Oct 18th, '05, 00:13

Ponderer wrote:I really like the “grassy” taste of untainted, normal green tea. Maybe I’m just weird.


Okay, I'll say it - "You're weird!" :lol:
Just joking! I can agree with your statement. Besides the Citron Green I've been drinking, I've been drinking a lot of Sencha too! 8)

User avatar Ric
Posts: 97
Joined: Aug 25, '05
Location: Gator Country
Contact Ric:

Postby PeteVu » Oct 18th, '05, 00:57

youre not alone, i like green tea for the grassyness. mmmm

User avatar PeteVu
Posts: 269
Joined: Jul 15, '05
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact PeteVu:

Postby teatotaler » Mar 1st, '06, 13:17

I love the green citron. It is my all-time favorite. I admit I do add either organic or turbino sugar to it. I like the sweetness and I need the calories.

Do many of you resteep your leaves?

teatotaler
Posts: 10
Joined: Mar 01, '06

Postby Ric » Mar 1st, '06, 21:18

teatotaler wrote:I love the green citron. It is my all-time favorite. I admit I do add either organic or turbino sugar to it. I like the sweetness and I need the calories.

Do many of you resteep your leaves?


I don't re-steep my leaves. I need the caffeine! :wink:

User avatar Ric
Posts: 97
Joined: Aug 25, '05
Location: Gator Country
Contact Ric:

Postby klemptor » Mar 2nd, '06, 10:36

I usually re-steep with things like TKY, Wuyi, Pouchong, and with flavored greens. I almost always re-steep my whites.

User avatar klemptor
Posts: 389
Joined: Aug 12, '05
Location: Philadelphia
Contact klemptor:

Postby Skycast » Mar 2nd, '06, 12:19

PeteVu wrote:youre not alone, i like green tea for the grassyness. mmmm


Same here, it's one of the main things I like about the greens.

User avatar Skycast
Posts: 15
Joined: Feb 15, '06
Location: Colorado


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
cron