Is this a good pu-erh?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jan 2nd, '20, 11:44

Is this a good pu-erh?

by Camelliancannabis » Jan 2nd, '20, 11:44

I ordered a 2008 old shu pu-erh off ebay lucky dragon brand i think. Has anyone had this is it a good ripe pu-erh. Newish to pu-erh tryin to find out what brands are good and what aren't

Jan 6th, '20, 10:28

Re: Is this a good pu-erh?

by 12Tea » Jan 6th, '20, 10:28

Camelliancannabis wrote: I ordered a 2008 old shu pu-erh off ebay lucky dragon brand i think. Has anyone had this is it a good ripe pu-erh. Newish to pu-erh tryin to find out what brands are good and what aren't
I've no experience with the brand, so I can't say much about that. However, the year 2008 is a bit tricky, because there's a lot of low quality stuff from that year. It was right after the pu erh tea market crash. That doesn't mean it's by definition bad, but you've to be more careful and ideally order samples to try first.

Jan 6th, '20, 21:35

by mr mopu » Jan 6th, '20, 21:35

I try to stick to the big China factories or the smaller US sellers we have. Sanitation with smaller factories is a big concern of mine. But hey, if you like it that is really all that matters.

Jan 9th, '20, 03:13

by Camelliancannabis » Jan 9th, '20, 03:13

mr mopu wrote: I try to stick to the big China factories or the smaller US sellers we have. Sanitation with smaller factories is a big concern of mine. But hey, if you like it that is really all that matters.
I bought it off ebay for about 6 bucks and it came with a free mini tuo cha a 2015 loacang ripe sweet sticky rice pu-erh . So im not at to much of a loss if it is as long as it taste good. I wont be buying from ebay again though.

Jan 9th, '20, 18:46

by mr mopu » Jan 9th, '20, 18:46

Camelliancannabis wrote:
mr mopu wrote: I try to stick to the big China factories or the smaller US sellers we have. Sanitation with smaller factories is a big concern of mine. But hey, if you like it that is really all that matters.
I bought it off ebay for about 6 bucks and it came with a free mini tuo cha a 2015 loacang ripe sweet sticky rice pu-erh . So im not at to much of a loss if it is as long as it taste good. I wont be buying from ebay again though.
If it isn't off putting to you then by all means drink it. I bought some of the cheap stuff in the day myself. Just learning about the tea and process itself. Tuition tea is what others have named it.
By all means don't let me spoil it. If it taste good drink it!

Jan 11th, '20, 16:00

by GuchaTea » Jan 11th, '20, 16:00

mr mopu wrote:
Camelliancannabis wrote:
If it isn't off putting to you then by all means drink it. I bought some of the cheap stuff in the day myself. Just learning about the tea and process itself. Tuition tea is what others have named it.
By all means don't let me spoil it. If it taste good drink it!
mr mopu is right, we all learn by trying stuff. bad stuff, worse stuff, good stuff, in the beginning, no-one cal really tell what's what. then with time, experience, meetups and discoveries, your tastes evolve, and you find out "oh, that was some s**t, but that was a golden treasure !

I didn't know the expression "tuition tea" though, I like it.

Feb 4th, '20, 12:36

by BenHK » Feb 4th, '20, 12:36

Camelliancannabis wrote: I ordered a 2008 old shu pu-erh off ebay lucky dragon brand i think. Has anyone had this is it a good ripe pu-erh. Newish to pu-erh tryin to find out what brands are good and what aren't
NEVER NEVER trust only the package, there are so so many fake ones and bad ones in the market, only by trial and error, or buy from a good friend, buy from tea friends.

Sometime 5,8,10 years of PT are very good enough and less price.

BenHK
ben@triptechtrade.com

+ Post Reply