Lychee tea

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Should Adagio carry Lychee tea?

Yes
75%
No
6%
Yes, but I wouldn't buy it
20%

Total votes : 51

Lychee tea

Postby LavenderPekoe » Oct 12th, '05, 16:57

I think you should look into Lychee tea, if you aren't already. Let's have a poll (just cause I have never done one before). What does everyone else think?
LavenderPekoe

Postby chris » Oct 12th, '05, 17:00

Sorry, I love Lychees but don't like flavored teas that much as opposed to their more traditional parents. It think it would be a good seller, though!

Best,

Chris
Adagio Maestro
chris

Postby LavenderPekoe » Oct 12th, '05, 17:06

I know you don't like flavored teas that much, and that is understandable. But, Lychees and tea seem to go well together. And it smells really good. :D Blame Klemptor, she is the one who sent me Lychee tea.
LavenderPekoe

Postby himthatwas » Oct 12th, '05, 18:26

Lychee is one of my favorites, and I'm out.
himthatwas

Postby PeteVu » Oct 15th, '05, 21:57

i love lychees too. if you want a lychee drink try "Daybaby's lychee flavored jelly drink." you could even be so bold as to put it into your tea, it might actually work out well.
PeteVu

Postby LavenderPekoe » Oct 16th, '05, 19:01

Where whould I find such a concoction? I tried to google it and got nadda.
Last edited by LavenderPekoe on Nov 8th, '05, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
LavenderPekoe

Postby Ric » Oct 16th, '05, 20:33

Sure, but I would like to sample it before I buy some.

I've seen some Ph-erh teas aged in Lychee fruit, but I have no idea on the taste. :?:
Ric

Postby PeteVu » Oct 17th, '05, 00:19

i buy the stuff by the case from my asian grocery store. ive only had one guest who didnt like it. its obviously artificial lychee flavor but still good to me. ^^
PeteVu

Postby Tadiera » Oct 17th, '05, 09:51

PeteVu wrote:Image

Duo!
Tadiera

Postby teaspoon » Oct 17th, '05, 10:01

Out of curiosity, what's a "jelly drink"? Is it thicker than juice, or something? I'm intrigued.

My freshman-year hallmate Qi brought bags of lychee hard candies that her grandparents sent her and they were SOOO good. Why is it that any foreign candy I've tried is so much better than American candy? I mean, has anyone ever had German gummy bears?

~teaspoon with a sweet tooth
teaspoon

Postby PeteVu » Oct 17th, '05, 10:41

its like a mixture of lychee juice and lychee jello, thus explaining the necessity of a pouch
PeteVu

Postby Marlene » Oct 17th, '05, 14:13

teaspoon wrote:Why is it that any foreign candy I've tried is so much better than American candy?

Yeah, the candy companys are sniggering at us behind our backs. (kind of like the oil dealers in the middle east) Have you ever had a Brittish Hersheys bar? I mean c'mon! American chocolate is crap. And it's a HERSHEY'S bar for goodness sakes, not gourmet Belgain chocolate.
Marlene

Postby jogrebe » Dec 13th, '05, 12:36

Marlene wrote:
teaspoon wrote:Why is it that any foreign candy I've tried is so much better than American candy?

Yeah, the candy companys are sniggering at us behind our backs. (kind of like the oil dealers in the middle east) Have you ever had a Brittish Hersheys bar? I mean c'mon! American chocolate is crap. And it's a HERSHEY'S bar for goodness sakes, not gourmet Belgain chocolate.

Look on the bright side Marlene and Teaspoon about the quality of American candy as compared to its foreign counterparts. It just means that once we know and taste the difference between American candy bars vs quality Swiss chocolate or American gummy bears vs German gummy bears; the inferior American counterparts no longer seem as appealing to us anymore; just like the grocery store tea section. In my opinion (or at least as a person working on cutting back) its a blessing to be able to pick up a small amount of Swiss chocolate every now and then to simply remind myself how bad American chocolate really is in comparison. You know, like the whole French diet outlook to focus on smaller amounts of higher quality when you spurge on high calorie foods as compared to the typical American “Hershey kisses by the handful” style.
jogrebe

Postby Cometgirl63 » Jan 4th, '06, 19:09

I'm new to the board, but I've been drinking lichee tea (when I can find it) for about a year and its one of my faves. I just got started here at Adagio since my husband gave me a starter set and kettle from here for xmas. I just ordered a bunch of samples and was disappointed that lichee wasn't offered. Its cool to see that I'm not the only one looking for a regualr supplier! I ordered some awhile back from another online source and it was really just not good.

~Amanda
Cometgirl63

Postby jogrebe » Jan 4th, '06, 19:20

Try http://www.indigo-tea.com/ for your Lychee tea needs, I bought a bag from them and enjoyed, although since it was the first Lychee tea I can't really say how good it will be compared to the other ones that you've had before.
jogrebe

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions