Write reviews only when ordering?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Are you satisfied with the current review system as is?

Yes
78%
No
22%
I don't care to write a review anyway
No votes

Total votes: 9

Oct 16th, '05, 20:16

Write reviews only when ordering?

by ribex » Oct 16th, '05, 20:16

I'm a new customer (1 order) and I was psyched to review some of the teas that I tried. First, I'm really bummed that I can't review teas in sampler sets. This is just silly. Second, I'm a little more annoyed :x that you have to write reviews only when you have items in your cart and are ready to order something else (presumably coded this way for the $0.50 discount). I hope someone changes the way these reviews are done. Of course I don't mind only getting discounts for reviews of items I've already purchased (sampler sets vs each item) but this system is a little frustrating. :evil:

[On all other counts, I'm a very satisfied first-time customer and will be ordering again!]

Oct 16th, '05, 21:08

by klemptor » Oct 16th, '05, 21:08

I actually love the system the way it is. I think of it as Adagio's way of saying, "Hey, we're not asking you to review our teas without giving you a little something for your effort!" I think it's nice of them.

However, sometimes I want to write a review when I have a particular thing in mind to say. In those cases, I just type it into a text document and wait until I place my next order (which has been about once every week or so!).

As for reviewing the teas in a sampler separately, I don't think, technically speaking, that there's any way for the system to handle that. The purchasing system sees that you bought one of _insert name here_ sampler so it offers you the option to review that particular sampler. I usually just speak to how I felt about each tea in the sampler.
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Oct 17th, '05, 09:53

by Tadiera » Oct 17th, '05, 09:53

I am a bit confused.
I have been able to write reviews for things I have ordered without having anything in my cart.

... or am I just hallucinating?

EDIT:
Just checked. From the main adagio page, there is a link that says 'Write Reviews' in the middle. I click on that (cart is empty) and it brings up everything I have ordered and not yet written a review for.

Oct 17th, '05, 10:33

by jzero » Oct 17th, '05, 10:33

It's been awhile, but the last time I tried to write a review it seemed that I couldn't write the reviews and then "bank" the rewards until I was actually ready to order; the reviews had to accompany a new order.
They Call Me Jzero

Oct 17th, '05, 10:34

by Tadiera » Oct 17th, '05, 10:34

jzero wrote:It's been awhile, but the last time I tried to write a review it seemed that I couldn't write the reviews and then "bank" the rewards until I was actually ready to order; the reviews had to accompany a new order.
I suspect that may be true. :)

I was just noting that you CAN review without making an order, even if likely you will not get the reward.

Oct 17th, '05, 11:12

by chris » Oct 17th, '05, 11:12

That is correct -- you can write reviews without having items in your shopping cart, you just won't get the coupon. It is just the way the shopping cart works!

You also cannot "bank" coupons simply because your browser usually deletes these after a certain period of time (it's not a self-destruct program or anything we do on our end!).

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Oct 17th, '05, 11:29

by jzero » Oct 17th, '05, 11:29

chris wrote:That is correct -- you can write reviews without having items in your shopping cart, you just won't get the coupon. It is just the way the shopping cart works!

You also cannot "bank" coupons simply because your browser usually deletes these after a certain period of time (it's not a self-destruct program or anything we do on our end!).

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro
You should set it up to add to your frequent buyer points, or send you a gift certificate code :)
They Call Me Jzero

+ Post Reply