OMG - I can't taste my gyokuro or any of my teas !!

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Feb 27th, '08, 21:14

OMG - I can't taste my gyokuro or any of my teas !!

by inspectoring » Feb 27th, '08, 21:14

This absolutely sucks.
I have had a flu for the past 2 days - I have made about 12 cups of differet teas I have...can't taste any of them! All of them are bitter and tasteless....especially the ito-en and harney - both suck !
Can't wait till this thing is over so I can get back to getting high on my teas...

Feb 27th, '08, 21:30

by RussianSoul » Feb 27th, '08, 21:30

I am so sorry you are sick, inspectoring! It sucks. Especially the tea deprivation!

Get better soon! Perhaps, have some chicken soup in the meantime...

Feb 27th, '08, 23:12

by Ed » Feb 27th, '08, 23:12

Hang in there, inspectoring, it's a wicked flu bug going around. I just got over it too.

Feb 28th, '08, 00:13

by Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 28th, '08, 00:13

I agree! I've had the flu since Monday night. Today, I have been trying whatever teas I can in hope I can find something that gives me a good taste. I think I am on mug 10 or so, though a few have been 2nd steeps. I've finally discovered that the blacks and rooiboses are partially tasty without a functioning sense of taste or smell. The oolongs, senchas, and other greens just aren't the same though. Somehow all the yummy grassiness and other good flavors go away or turn into something that just tastes weird. Hot beverages are the only thing that keeps me from coughing, so a mug of tea is great, but not being able to taste my preferred mug of green tea in the morning is not so great.

Feb 28th, '08, 00:43

by osadczuk » Feb 28th, '08, 00:43

Hang in there inspectoring. My oldest just got over this nastiness - and she was sick for 6 days. That might not seem remarkable, but previous to this she had never been sick for more the 24 hours. So if it can knock her out, it's pretty damn nasty. So get plenty of R&R.

Mar 3rd, '08, 08:31

by inspectoring » Mar 3rd, '08, 08:31

Thank you osadczuk, Cinnamon Kitty, Ed, RussianSoul...that was kind of you...

I am back guys...well still can't totally taste it but getting there....

I hope you all a good health....stay away from the strain I had - wow - what a nasty little bug....

Mar 4th, '08, 01:39

by Sam. » Mar 4th, '08, 01:39

Mmm, just give it time! Drink some smoothies and some chicken broth. :) Tasteless tea is a travesTEA!

Mar 4th, '08, 01:43
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

Re: OMG - I can't taste my gyokuro or any of my teas !!

by skywarrior » Mar 4th, '08, 01:43

inspectoring wrote:This absolutely sucks.
I have had a flu for the past 2 days - I have made about 12 cups of differet teas I have...can't taste any of them! All of them are bitter and tasteless....especially the ito-en and harney - both suck !
Can't wait till this thing is over so I can get back to getting high on my teas...
There was one time with a really bad cold, I stopped drinking tea for a week. Give yourself time. You will get your taste buds back.

:arrow: (I also noticed that medications to treat flu or colds tend to change your sense of taste.)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.

+ Post Reply