May 16th, '21, 19:33

What do you think of this clay?

by Linji » May 16th, '21, 19:33

Hi Yixing experts

first of all, I would like to thank everyone for the wealth of information generated in this forum, as google more often than not has led me here, so I chose to make an account to join the conversation.

I've been brewing in this pot for less than a week after finally deciding to purchase one to test. I thought I would always keep it to gaiwans for an unadulterated brew, but have certainly seen the light when it comes to using clay and its heat retention for sheng and aged whites, which make up around 80% of my daily drinking.

Now that I have a 'baseline' pot for solo brewing, I am already considering a second pot for 2+ people. I do like the mechanics of a modern pot, but I am still wondering about the 'clay advantage' of the 1970-1980s pots out there.

Now to my question, particularly for those who own a few pots and have been around the pottery block: just from the visuals of this clay, what do you think about it? Phone pictures in morning sunlight (although I can bring out the full frame DSLR and macro if there is any benefit).
IMG_2443.jpg
IMG_2455.jpg
IMG_2457.jpg
Any insight is appreciated!

Jun 11th, '21, 22:28

Re: What do you think of this clay?

by Linji » Jun 11th, '21, 22:28

ok then :cry:

Nov 8th, '21, 13:52

by Alan999 » Nov 8th, '21, 13:52

Linji wrote: Hi Yixing experts

first of all, I would like to thank everyone for the wealth of information generated in this forum, as google more often than not has led me here, so I chose to make an account to join the conversation.

I've been brewing in this pot for less than a week after finally deciding to purchase one to test. I thought I would always keep it to gaiwans for an unadulterated brew, but have certainly seen the light when it comes to using clay and its heat retention for sheng and aged whites, which make up around 80% of my daily drinking.

Now that I have a 'baseline' pot for solo brewing, I am already considering a second pot for 2+ people. I do like the mechanics of a modern pot, but I am still wondering about the 'clay advantage' of the 1970-1980s pots out there.

Now to my question, particularly for those who own a few pots and have been around the pottery block: just from the visuals of this clay, what do you think about it? Phone pictures in morning sunlight (although I can bring out the full frame DSLR and macro if there is any benefit).

IMG_2443.jpg
IMG_2455.jpg
IMG_2457.jpg

Any insight is appreciated!
I think you are yixing collector
Nice zhuni friend.

Nov 10th, '21, 08:17

by FBee » Nov 10th, '21, 08:17

This looks more like a Zhuni Hongni blend or something else to me. Pure Zhuni looks different. Price will be a good indicator, if it cost less than 200-300USD it’s unlikely to be pure Zhuni.

+ Post Reply