Nov 3rd, '23, 03:08

Seeking information on Suzuki Tomio and or David Callens of Vessels.jp

by DigitalSparks » Nov 3rd, '23, 03:08

I was browsing online looking for information about a shop that seems to be out of business now and saw a couple of mentions here in my Google search. A post made by fire_snake and a few others speaking about a particular piece made by Suzuki Tomio

I was curious if anyone had any information about this shop and what happened to the shop David Callens had, from what I gathered on the forums this shop was held in high regard or at the very least seemed to handle quality teawares.

I bought this Suzuki Tomio Shino Chawan last year from someone in Texas, it belonged to their late husband who purchased it from David Callens (www.vessels.jp) while on a trip to Tokyo from what I have gathered.

I found my actual Chawan on the David Callens site using the Way Back machine, but that is about all I have been able to find on it. It appears to be a nice piece and works great for making matcha. I was hoping to find out more about the shop or possibly more about this particular piece of work if possible.

It may be that I have internet sleuthed this as far as possible and that is fine I have done fairly well considering what little I know about Japanese pottery overall, but if anyone has any further information that they think may be helpful it would be greatly appreciated.