Sunday TeaDay, 3.02.08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How big a part of your day is TEA?

Really big, huge
25%
Pretty big
18%
Big
24%
Not a biggy
16%
A small part
16%

Total votes: 55

Mar 2nd, '08, 03:18
Scrolling: scrolling

Sunday TeaDay, 3.02.08

by Chip » Mar 2nd, '08, 03:18

I hope you enjoy massive quantities of TEA today. But regardless of how much you consume, I hope it brings you joy. And I hope you share it with us here on TeaDay.

Welcome to TeaDay, share with everyone what is in your cup...right now, and throughout the day. So, visit often and post freely. We all want to know what everyone is drinking. Since we can't drink every tea, it is exciting to hear whatever it is you are drinking. It is also fun when we see someone drinking the same tea we are.

I know I really enjoy reading all the posts and learning a little something about everyone along the way. Today should be no exception.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is very subjective in nature. The options are very vague. Try not to be too hard on me. :wink: Tea has a different level of importance in each of our lives. Today, let's share about how big a part of our lives TEA actually is. I am excited to hear your responses.

See you on TeaDay everyone!!!

Mar 2nd, '08, 04:23

by olivierco » Mar 2nd, '08, 04:23

During the past twenty years, I had tea almost every day at least once.

Now I drink tea three to six times of day.
I like to experiment with brewing parameters.
I browse daily on tea websites or forums.
My tea cabinet is way too small.
I have many teapots and I am always considering buying some new one.
I even have converted my fridge drawers to tea drawers (not yet a teafridge)...

Tea is then a big part of my life, just as big as cooking.

This morning Keemun Mao Feng with my breakfast and now it is Gyokuro time (Hibiki-an Kuradashi Gyokuro Super Premium)

Mar 2nd, '08, 04:34

by tenuki » Mar 2nd, '08, 04:34

small part.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Mar 2nd, '08, 05:16

by omegapd » Mar 2nd, '08, 05:16

It's not a big part of my day. I usually enjoy a 16oz. cup twice a day. Once at work and once at home. I don't read any other tea websites but this one unless I'm going to order a new tea and want to look around for reviews or prices.

EW

Mar 2nd, '08, 07:23

by CynTEAa » Mar 2nd, '08, 07:23

olivierco wrote:This morning Keemun Mao Feng with my breakfast and now it is Gyokuro time (Hibiki-an Kuradashi Gyokuro Super Premium)
Ooooo - where is the Keemun Mao Feng from? Smoky or not so much? :)

Tea has infiltrated everything or just about. Searching for an analogy... the first thing that comes to mind is that it is 'the wind in my sails.' But maybe it is too early to be creative. :wink: ...or would it be associative?

Anywho, I'm up way too early for a Sunday but my trusty Yunnan Gold is just perfect as always.

Mar 2nd, '08, 08:14

by TexasTea » Mar 2nd, '08, 08:14

I do spend a decent amount of time on tea, but when I stop to think about it I honestly have to say it's a small part of my life. There are so many other things in life, after all! Tea enhances my life but does not consume it.

In my cup this morning is an interesting herbal blend I found locally:
Women’s Tea (Ayurvedic—cinnamon, apple, Rooibos, ginger, raspberry leaves, fennel, chamomile, cardamom, alchemilla, cloves, orange peels, St. John’s Wort, black pepper, juniper berry, goose grass). Everything but the kitchen sink, it seems, and really quite good.

Mar 2nd, '08, 08:33

by witches brew » Mar 2nd, '08, 08:33

Tea is very enjoyable, but I would have to say it is a small part of my life. That may change, of course, as I continue to research and enjoy new tisanes and teas.

Just yesterday, I found myself looking online at gaiwans...

Right now there's no tea in my cup at all! I must do something about that little problem...

Snow Geisha it shall be!

Mar 2nd, '08, 09:34
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

by Sydney » Mar 2nd, '08, 09:34

For me, the daily tea is a big deal.

It's not that I couldn't live without it. But on truly miserable days, taking the time to choose, prepare, and consume my tea gives me a chance to regroup and redirect. And on better days, it provides meaningful enhancement.

In a calamitous life, tea offers contemplative moments.

When the palate is bored, tea offers culinary refreshment ind inspiration.

On a sleepy morning, tea brings alertness.

When my checking account is just too full....

Mar 2nd, '08, 09:46

by caradrake » Mar 2nd, '08, 09:46

Hmmmm, I am in a jasmine mood today. I will contemplate today's question and respond after I've fully woken. ;)

Mar 2nd, '08, 09:50

tea day

by Ron Gilmour » Mar 2nd, '08, 09:50

I'd say tea is a somewhat big part of my day. I probably drink about 3 BIG cups a day, usually a strong black in the morning and 2-3 cups of Darjeeling during the workday. I do enjoy visiting tea-related websites, both vendors and blogs. I've even been known to blog about tea myself.

This morning I'm enjoying a cup of "Golden Blend" from Harney & Sons, which is a blend of Golden Monkey and FTGFOP Assam. An excellent breakfast tea!

Mar 2nd, '08, 09:54

by Ladytiger » Mar 2nd, '08, 09:54

Tea is a pretty big part everyday. I drink about three to four cups of tea a day, I haven't gone with out tea for a while, and my tea drawer is over flowing and I'm kind of glad that my mom kicked it all out of the kitchen. My days start with a cup and I mossy my way on to TeaChat even thought I try not to when I'm getting ready to go to school. Afternoons are charished and are started by a cup of tea once I get home then I find myself browsing TeaChat and looking at more tea and tea accesories to buy whenever some money comes by my nose. It's nice to have tea nuts in the family as well.

The morning I'm in the mood for Irish Breakfast with cream and sweetener. Yum!

Mar 2nd, '08, 10:04

by Selaphiel » Mar 2nd, '08, 10:04

I would say it`s a big part of my life. Drink it every day, and I spend quite a lot of time on sites like this. Think I`m browsing teas and tea gear pretty much every day.

Today I`ve had a bowl of matcha so far. You can call it placebo if you want, but I actually think it is helping on my flu, at least temporarily.

Mar 2nd, '08, 10:36

by TimeforTea » Mar 2nd, '08, 10:36

I would say tea is a big part of my day, especially the morning and evening. It's the first thing I think of when I wake up. And I always look forward to that pre-bedtime cup of soothing tisane. My tea journey has really become a passion.

This morning, I had 2 steeps of adagio gyokuro. It was very enjoyable!!

Last night we went out to dinner. My husband felt funny just ordering hot water for dessert to steep the tea bags I brought. However, I noticed dairy free green tea iced cream on the menu, and I was saved! It was very good. Once home, we both had a cup of adagio's white blueberry.

Mar 2nd, '08, 10:59

by forkyfork » Mar 2nd, '08, 10:59

Interesting question, and I guess it really depends on how others define "big" and "small".

I ultimately chose "big" because tea is what I spend 75-80% of my income on once I fulfill my basic needs. Then again, I don't really buy a lot of stuff to begin with.

Mar 2nd, '08, 12:10

by Chip » Mar 2nd, '08, 12:10

Sencha Premium in my cup this morning. Steep 4 is mellow and swwwweeeeet! Steep 5 is brewing, then maybe white for a change.

I intend to drink massive quanties of tea today!!!

This morning I have been contemplating this interesting question. I consider myself to be a pretty rational, balanced kind of guy, but I realize now this is pretty delusional.

OK, tea is not oxygen...I won't die in 5 minutes without it. But let me see...tea is the first order of business each day, it is a huge part of each day, all day. I enjoy it immensely. Throughout the day, tea is on my mind. Hmmm, moderating the top 2 TeaForums possibly on the planet. The time investment alone each day is huge...good thing I LOVE tea, or I would have serious issues.

Oh, and considering a TeaCareer!

Tea is clearly a huge part of my day. To say otherwise is just denial.

Yet I do not think I drink that much tea...interesting.
Last edited by Chip on Mar 2nd, '08, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.