Sunday TeaDay, 3.02.08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How big a part of your day is TEA?

Really big, huge
25%
Pretty big
18%
Big
24%
Not a biggy
16%
A small part
16%

Total votes: 55

Mar 2nd, '08, 20:43

by Mich » Mar 2nd, '08, 20:43

Tea is a very big part of my day i normaly set aside 3-7 hours to just brew and sip.....

Mar 2nd, '08, 21:39

by daughteroftheKing » Mar 2nd, '08, 21:39

Tea is a pretty big part of my day because it underscores everything. Starts out the day, gets me though it, helps me enjoy and unwind from it.

This morning I had to get up o'dark early, so started with a good Japanese green tea to get me going: Kyoto Cherry Rose. A bit of Darjeeling blended with mint and lavender (lukewarm) kept my voice lubricated for singing. Re-steeps of that on ice all afternoon (it's snowing and awful here, but I've got to have my iced tea). Tonight re-steeping the Kyoto Cherry Rose...gentle, warm, and soothing.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Mar 2nd, '08, 21:51
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Mar 2nd, '08, 21:51

daughteroftheKing wrote:...This morning I had to get up o'dark early, so started with a good Japanese green tea to get me going: Kyoto Cherry Rose. A bit of Darjeeling blended with mint and lavender (lukewarm) kept my voice lubricated for singing.
Ahh tea to soothe your throat! I bet you sounded amazing.
:o)

Mar 2nd, '08, 22:00

by daughteroftheKing » Mar 2nd, '08, 22:00

[quote="Victoria's Own
Ahh tea to soothe your throat! I bet you sounded amazing.
:o)[/quote]

"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Mar 2nd, '08, 22:20

by RussianSoul » Mar 2nd, '08, 22:20

I answered "Not a biggy", but while it is a small portion of my life as compared to other things, it is important and carefully guarded. My tea things are mine and nobody else's. By now my family learned not to grab my special cups and use them for soda or milk. My tea time(s) :wink: are special and I cherish them.

Today's teas were:
Irish Breakfast (2 steeps)
Tie Quan Yin (2 steeps)
Sencha Fukamushi Special - I am on the first steep right now.

I did something wrong with my TQY, the first steep was bitter and the second tasteless. The woes of being a noobie... :cry: But Adagio's Irish Breakfast is foolproof and I nailed the Sencha just right!

Mar 2nd, '08, 23:06
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 2nd, '08, 23:06

CynTEAa wrote:
Chip wrote:Oh, and considering a TeaCareer!
Yeah? Please tell us more!
Reply to earlier questions about a TeaCareer by Cyn, Victoria and Henley...I am currently beginning to consider options...and have my ears open!!! I hope those who asked find this response. Thanx for asking.

Thought I would sneak 2 more teas in TeaDay. For my 3rd tea, my last cup of Yutaka Midori. Still working on some later steeps. I will likely get this as shincha, new harvest tea, in April or May.

Once again the Poll surprised me...a lot of TeaChatters responding that Tea is a Huge part of their day.

Mar 3rd, '08, 00:56
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Mar 3rd, '08, 00:56

I figure that tea is pretty big, but compared to some of you, not quite as huge. Valentines tea tonight.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.

Mar 3rd, '08, 01:04

by erikt » Mar 3rd, '08, 01:04

Right now i'd have to say it's a big part of my day.... but when i get my ingenuitea i think i will drink tea a lot more frequently due to it's ease of use

Mar 3rd, '08, 12:00

by bambooforest » Mar 3rd, '08, 12:00

I have decided, recently, to have tea no more than twice a day, and always twice a day when I can.

There is an old adage, "less is more".

So, with my practice of drinking tea only twice a day I find that I immerse myself in it with greater intensity than if I were to be drinking many more sessions. This all helps contribute to an atmosphere that when I do have my tea, it is indeed a big deal, it is a treat!