Today is TeaDay Tuesday 3/04/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How many brewing vessels do you use regularly?

10%
27%
38%
4%
8%
4%
4%
More than 7
6%

Total votes: 52

Mar 4th, '08, 02:20
Scrolling: scrolling

Today is TeaDay Tuesday 3/04/08

by Chip » Mar 4th, '08, 02:20

Good TeaDay, fellow TeaChatters! I hope your TeaCup is bottomless today.

Welcome to TeaDay, where TeaChatters share what is in their cup. Join in the fun and share what is in your cup. All are welcome to TeaChat, so if you are new to TeaChat, please feel free to join us in a cup of your favorite TEA. Stop by throughout the day and feel free to share often.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic...how many brewing vessels do you use regularly? Please feel free to share with everyone.

Have a great TeaDay everyone!

Mar 4th, '08, 04:22

by Trey Winston » Mar 4th, '08, 04:22

I had to go for 2, since I'm not nearly maxed out on equipment and I usually just keep it simple with white and green. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of replies on the higher end of the scale, though.

Mar 4th, '08, 04:58

by tenuki » Mar 4th, '08, 04:58

Hm, I almost pressed 1, thinking, hey Gaiwan. But then I though back over the week and had to press 5. I guess I'm not as simple as I thought. :( but just so you know, I aspire to 1.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Mar 4th, '08, 05:52

by brandon » Mar 4th, '08, 05:52

I'll call it for 3. Kyuusu, yixing for yancha, and gaiwan see the most use.
I have a 2nd gaiwan, another kyuusu and another yixing that see less love.

Mar 4th, '08, 05:58

by olivierco » Mar 4th, '08, 05:58

I use regularly 7 brewing vessels:
Two hohins
Two kyuusus
One Matcha bowl
One large porcelain teapot
One Duanni teapot

And less frequently one Gaiwan and one Zisha teapot.

This morning Keemun with my breakfast. I will have to wait the end of my workday to have some tea.

Mar 4th, '08, 08:03

by caradrake » Mar 4th, '08, 08:03

I chose two. I possibly should have chosen one, but I have two ingenuiTEAs. One at the house, and one where I work all day.

Mar 4th, '08, 09:22

by TimeforTea » Mar 4th, '08, 09:22

I use 3 different vessels to brew tea. My latest purchase was a 16 ounce ceramic mug with a large, extra-fine metal infuser and cover that also acts as an infuser holder. I use this one every night to brew my rooibos or herbal tisane.

Drinking adagio's citron green. It's been awhile since I've had this one. However, this morning I am wondering if flavored greens use Chinese or Japanese tea as a base...

Edit: Today I met a collegue/friend for lunch and tea at a tea room in her town. We had soup and sandwiches, and a cup of Dragonwell. It was okay--I could tell, though, that the leaves were a little stale.

For dessert, we went to another tea room in her town (she's so lucky!) where we had a cup each of gyokuro. It was delicious!! She put up with my talking about the color, taste, etc. We had small pastries with it, too, but of course I was much more interested in the tea. (Although, there was a very nice lemongrass ginger pastry I enjoyed).

The owner of the shop was a very nice Asian woman, who humored me with my interest (ahem...obsession...as my friend called it! :wink: ) in green tea, and even told me about upcoming tea tasting events in her store! I told her about teamap, and she was eager to read her tea room's reviews.

I would like to write reviews for both tearooms on tea map.

Right now, I am drinking something called "Rosy Dreams" that I purchased at the first tea store. It's a nice blend. The first couple of sips, however, tasted like soap. It's a little perfumy, too, but perhaps I'm just not used to this type of tisane, or "spa tea" as it says on the tin.
Last edited by TimeforTea on Mar 4th, '08, 16:49, edited 4 times in total.

Mar 4th, '08, 09:40

by Victoria » Mar 4th, '08, 09:40

Three are standard in use for me.

Starting this morning my Adagio Blend.

Have a lovely day all!

Mar 4th, '08, 10:17

by LavenderPekoe » Mar 4th, '08, 10:17

Teasweetie wrote:However, this morning I am wondering if flavored greens use Chinese or Japanese tea as a base...
Chinese. You can look by click on "By origin" on the left hand side of the page. Some have more than one origin, however, i.e. Irish Breakfast. </information girl>

Mar 4th, '08, 10:24

by TexasTea » Mar 4th, '08, 10:24

Had to say more than 7 on this one! There are so many variables involved... What kind of tea am I drinking, what am I doing while drinking tea, who am I sharing it with, what mood am I in?

Started this morning with a cup of Vintage Ceylon.

Mar 4th, '08, 10:54

by jogrebe » Mar 4th, '08, 10:54

Brewing vessels I have an use regularly I have three, a Yixing Pot for Ripe Puerh, a gaiwan and a Swiss Gold Mug infuser. Although it could likely become four in a bit as I'm thinking about picking up a Kyusu.

So far my tea day has included a mug of Golden Monkey with breakfast.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Mar 4th, '08, 11:10

by osadczuk » Mar 4th, '08, 11:10

Well, count on me to mess up my answer - I put 3 thinking InginuiTEA, TriniTea, and a mug, but it turns out I own (and regularly use) an iced tea maker that I for some odd reason I decided not to count.

Probably because I am braindead today. The little one turns one today, meaning I have no baby left :cry: It's just a sad thing.

I've finished my morning coffee, I'm thinking an Earl Grey/English Breakfast blend will be up next.

Mar 4th, '08, 11:13

by xine » Mar 4th, '08, 11:13

I usually use the triniTEA, and glass mug and infuser, and perhaps paper filters if I'm feeling particularly lazy :)

Moar oolong! STill feeling sick, but hoping that oolong will cure me! Having some Wuyi Ensemble, then will follow up with TGY, and perhaps I will change it up and do some green (I have that Long Ching from Xmas that I haven't drank enough of).

Mar 4th, '08, 11:18

by fencerdenoctum » Mar 4th, '08, 11:18

Two for this one. My Adagio glass pot and my awesome gaiwan.

Gonna try throwing some Pu erh dante in the ole gaiwan and see how that rolls this morning. Sencha for the afternoon.

The Tea Sipping Swordman,
Fencerdenoctum

Mar 4th, '08, 11:26

by jogrebe » Mar 4th, '08, 11:26

osadczuk wrote:Well, count on me to mess up my answer - I put 3 thinking InginuiTEA, TriniTea, and a mug, but it turns out I own (and regularly use) an iced tea maker that I for some odd reason I decided not to count.

Probably because I am braindead today. The little one turns one today, meaning I have no baby left :cry: It's just a sad thing.

I've finished my morning coffee, I'm thinking an Earl Grey/English Breakfast blend will be up next.
Interesting same here. I also have an ice tea maker that gets a lot of use but I would not consider it a "brewing vessel" in the strict sense but more a small kitchen appliance, aking to a blender.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis