Thursday TeaDay, 3/06/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your order of favorite true TEAS...? Sorry, can't list all the options, so, please pick your closest order.

Black, oolong, green/white
18%
Black, green/white, oolong
10%
Oolong, green/white, black
8%
Oolong, black, green/white
6%
Green/white, black, oolong
20%
Green/white, oolong, black
18%
Pu-erh, oolong, green/white
6%
Pu-erh, greenwhite, oolong
2%
Oolong, pu-erh, green/white
No votes
Oolong, green/white, pu-erh
4%
Green/white, oolong, pu-erh
6%

Total votes: 49

Mar 6th, '08, 15:26

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 6th, '08, 15:26

Green, black, oolong for me. I love green teas, but the few blacks that I have tried have tasted better than the oolongs. I haven't tried puerh and I found the one white tea that I tried to be too subtle for my liking. If tisanes/herbals were added to the list, it would definitely be green, herbal, black.

I started this morning with the darjeeling #22. I've been finding that black teas are a lot more forgiving first thing in the morning than the greens ever are. Right now I am trying the Russian Caravan sample that Ladytiger sent me. The first few sips have been enjoyable. It seems like a very pleasant tea so far.

Mar 6th, '08, 15:41

by Ladytiger » Mar 6th, '08, 15:41

I voted Black, Green/White, Oolong as my favorite type of teas in order even though greens and oolongs are on the same level for me.

No tea yet today but my first tea will probably be something randomly picked from my tea drawer.

Mar 6th, '08, 15:54
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 6th, '08, 15:54

Ladytiger wrote:No tea yet today but my first tea will probably be something randomly picked from my tea drawer.
I do not know if I ever randomly chose a tea. When I had around 75 teas open, choosing one to drink became an impossible task for me. Part of my insaniTEA was to alphabetize them and would go through them in order. :roll:

Life is so much easier now with only around 10 open. :wink:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 6th, '08, 16:00

by Ladytiger » Mar 6th, '08, 16:00

Chip wrote:
Ladytiger wrote:No tea yet today but my first tea will probably be something randomly picked from my tea drawer.
I do not know if I ever randomly chose a tea. When I had around 75 teas open, choosing one to drink became an impossible task for me. Part of my insaniTEA was to alphabetize them and would go through them in order. :roll:

Life is so much easier now with only around 10 open. :wink:
Yeah, I realized that I can't randomly choose a tea, either, and force myself to drink it.

Mar 6th, '08, 16:20

by LavenderPekoe » Mar 6th, '08, 16:20

Chip wrote:When I had around 75 teas open, choosing one to drink became an impossible task for me. Part of my insaniTEA was to alphabetize them and would go through them in order. :roll:
HAHAHAHA, that is so me. :)
Teas for trade:

Mar 6th, '08, 17:09

by tenuki » Mar 6th, '08, 17:09

Chip wrote: Sencha Premium is in my cup so far.
Fortune cookie say : Some people call you boring, other's predictable, but the truth is you simply are experienced enough to know what you like!
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Mar 6th, '08, 17:29

by Chip » Mar 6th, '08, 17:29

LavenderPekoe wrote:
Chip wrote:When I had around 75 teas open, choosing one to drink became an impossible task for me. Part of my insaniTEA was to alphabetize them and would go through them in order. :roll:
HAHAHAHA, that is so me. :)
It is good to know I am not the only one, but I bet there are many more... :D

Mar 6th, '08, 17:33

by Chip » Mar 6th, '08, 17:33

tenuki wrote:
Chip wrote: Sencha Premium is in my cup so far.
Fortune cookie say : Some people call you boring, other's predictable, but the truth is you simply are experienced enough to know what you like!
I wish a TeaMaster told me that instead of a fortune cookie!!!
8)
Speaking of fortune cookies, a little while ago, I was "talking" to my friend in China. They have no idea what a fortune cookie is in Anhui anyway.

And since I am so experienced to know what I like...I am drinking Special Hika Sencha again today. I love the barley character of the sencha.

Mar 6th, '08, 19:27

by witches brew » Mar 6th, '08, 19:27

*pouts* Hoping to add green to my list sometime, in decaf.

Still thinking about yesterday's sencha (headache gone now) and drinking rooibos.

Mar 6th, '08, 19:27

by jogrebe » Mar 6th, '08, 19:27

What no option of ordering both black tea and puerh????

My true order by rate of consumption would be: Puerh, Green/White and Black
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Mar 6th, '08, 19:56

tea day

by Ron Gilmour » Mar 6th, '08, 19:56

I'd have to go with black, oolong, green. I like most blacks, but I'm kind of picky about oolongs and greens.

Today has been kind of a monotonous tea drinking day. I've been drinking a whole lot of my favorite first flush Darjeeling.

I placed a tea order today, so I should have lots of new stuff to try soon, including my very first pu-erh.

Mar 6th, '08, 21:06

by daughteroftheKing » Mar 6th, '08, 21:06

Oolong, Green/White, Black.

The Thursday T@3 ladies in my office had White Peach (Adagio) for the first time today . Another winner! I've been drinking it on ice the last few days and decided it was time to share.

This morning started with 2 good steeps of Gyokuro with Rosebuds. Then a really nice White Darjeeling. But my favorite for the day had to be the White Peach.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Mar 6th, '08, 21:50

by brandon » Mar 6th, '08, 21:50

Chip wrote:A bit of a tough call, I have beginner's interest in pu-erh, but would normally place black tea as my third choice over pu.

So, I went with green, oolong, black...with pu a close 4th.
I seconded Chip, even though I have made much black tea in ages.
Last edited by brandon on Mar 6th, '08, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 6th, '08, 21:51

by henley » Mar 6th, '08, 21:51

Had to vote black, oolong, green/white even though I haven't found any green or white tea I like yet.

Finished the evening w/apple cinnamon & vanilla tea. Hubby had a rough day so decided to fix one of his favorites.

Mar 6th, '08, 22:23

by Chip » Mar 6th, '08, 22:23

Last tea today was Wenshan BaoZhong. This selection is not as green as what I normally would expect from a Wenshan pouchong. I sense it is lightly roasted. But it is still a sweet pouchong, and I would not call it toasty. However it once was when I first got it in 2006. I was not crazy about it back then and set it aside.

I think I should have revisited it a little sooner, but it is a nice sweet pouchong today.