Suggesting A Tea..

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Suggesting A Tea..

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 15:30

Have you ever given thought to selling frost teas? I just recived several samples from chadotea and I find them absolutly delightful. I like your company, I like your packaging, I like your attitude, so I'd much rather buy from you guys!

Marlene
teachat
Site Admin

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 15:31

Marlene--

Thanks for the post.

We've recieved samples of this tea (not from that company, though, from an estate), and were thoroughly unimpressed. Our impression was that Frost Tea was following the "Crystal Pepsi" format-- more novelty than substance.

There is a similar tea that we've tried lately that seems to follow the same scheme, called "Moon Tea" or "Full Moon Tea." This is a tea which is only picked during a full moon.

Does this really affect the quality? Probably not.

Is it worth a try? Sure! New discoveries are usually found by risking a little absurdity.

Tell you what-- I'm gonna throw some tea in my freezer tonight... i'll tell you how it turns out.

All the best,

Chris
Adagio Maestro
teachat
Site Admin

:D So, how'd it go?

From what I've heard, it's less a novelty thing, and more of a last ditch effort to save an otherwise doomed tea harvest. When frost hits the tea leaves, the cell walls burst, so in order to save the leaves, the workers pick the leaves before dawn, and process them immediately.
It does make for a different taste, although I found them similar to darjeelings.
I am by no means an authority though, and I could have part or all of this wrong.
I did enjoy the tea though!

Marlene
teachat
Site Admin

:D

Tastes like --"Iced Tea."

(Hey-- not all jokes can we winners. Sometimes you have to throw a bad one out there to make the good ones look better)

Honestly, i should probably give this tea another shot. When we get samples, we don't usually get 1 or 2, we get 30 or 40. So i may have missed a subtle difference from the plentora of Darjeelings already sampled.

...i'll try to reconcile my aversion to this tea and research any 12-step programs that may help.

Chris
Adagio Maestro
teachat
Site Admin

While we are in suggestion mode, I feel the same as Marlene. I would prefer to get as much of my tea as possible from you guys so I've got two suggestions. The first is a Darjeeling Oolong. I've got one of my yixing pots dedicated to this type and it can be a downright pain to find. I got lucky once and managed to get 2 oz of Gopalhadra (the same wonderful estate you get your darjeeling from) Darjeeling Oolong and since I have not been able to find one that measured up in quality and taste. The other is a fantastic tea that I only know of as Emperor's Red. Its by far my favorite black tea.

There are a couple others that spring to mind that I think would do well for you guys (Snow Dragon Green, Black Pilochun, Roohni Silver Needle Darjeeling and Huoshan Yellow Sprouting Tea).

And on an semi-related note I had a few of the frost teas and enjoyed them. Though not the darjeelings as much. The Frost Oolong I tried was quite good though.

Chris B.
teachat
Site Admin

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 15:32

Hi,

Two combinations that are fantastic --

Orchid Oolong with coconut.

Green sencha with cherry blossoms.

I hope to see these featured at Adagio sometime soon. :D

cheers.

teaenthusiast
teachat
Site Admin

lagundi

Postby ivyceltress » Sep 27th, '05, 14:51

I found a great medicinal tea for asthma and flu symptoms called Lagundi. Unfortunately it's native to the Phillipeanes and difficult to get here in the US. There was one company that used to import to individuals but doesn't any longer/
ivyceltress

Postby fpanko » Oct 23rd, '05, 00:46

teachat wrote:Green sencha with cherry blossoms.
teaenthusiast

Now that sounds good. I'll have to mix this up tomorrow.
fpanko

Instant Messenger

Permissions