FRIDAY!!! TeaDay, 3/07/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

What HOT beverage do you reach for besides tea? Your first choice!!!

Herbal tisane
14%
Rooibus
29%
Yerbe mate
7%
Coffee
26%
Other
17%
Nothing
7%

Total votes: 58

Mar 7th, '08, 19:55

by Ladytiger » Mar 7th, '08, 19:55

I'm on my third steep of Zhi Orange Blossom Oolong. :lol:

Mar 7th, '08, 20:02

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 7th, '08, 20:02

Completely related to today's poll, my Rooibos samples from Dragonwater came today. I managed to get the free month for the sample club to work out and they sent me the Green Rooibos Mango Papaya, Green Honeybush Strawberry Peach, and the Puttabong Darjeeling FTGFOP1. I was hoping for three Rooibos samples, but somehow the Darjeeling got promoted to the top of the sample list.

The Mango Papaya tasted like sweettarts or spree candy. It was overly sweet, yet had a tangy, sour aftertaste. I put it in the fridge to see if it tasted better cold, and it seems to have calmed down a little bit, but it is not fully chilled yet.

The Strawberry Peach was even worse. Not only did it have the sickeningly sweet smell of powdered strawberry lemonade mix, but the scent after brewing was so overpowering that I couldn't even drink it. My boyfriend, who is generally tolerant about my tea brewing, even couldn't stand the smell of it. I had to get rid of the leaves and the tea shortly after it finished steeping.

Given that the first two teas were awful, I decided to open the Darjeeling in hopes that one of the three teas was drinkable. The leaves were good size pieces, but looked more green than brown. On the bright side, it had a nice Darjeeling-like scent to it, unlike the scary smells of the Rooiboses. Surprisingly, it tastes good.

In conclusion, both Rooiboses were terrible, unless a person enjoys the taste of liquid, hot, sweettarts or spree or has a bigger tolerance of sweeter teas than I do.

Mar 7th, '08, 20:14

by Ladytiger » Mar 7th, '08, 20:14

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:Completely related to today's poll, my Rooibos samples from Dragonwater came today. I managed to get the free month for the sample club to work out and they sent me...
Are they still doing the free trial? I don't see it anywhere on their website anymore.

Mar 7th, '08, 20:56

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 7th, '08, 20:56

Ladytiger wrote: Are they still doing the free trial? I don't see it anywhere on their website anymore.
Nope, the offer is now expired. I found one last place on their website that listed the free month for the tea samples club as of earlier this week. After a fun exchange of e-mails with their sales representatives, I managed to get convince them to let me have the free month even though it expired since it was still listed on their site. They did take down the offer on the page I found after that though. So no more free tea from Dragonwater.

Mar 7th, '08, 22:12

by Ladytiger » Mar 7th, '08, 22:12

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:
Ladytiger wrote: Are they still doing the free trial? I don't see it anywhere on their website anymore.
Nope, the offer is now expired. I found one last place on their website that listed the free month for the tea samples club as of earlier this week. After a fun exchange of e-mails with their sales representatives, I managed to get convince them to let me have the free month even though it expired since it was still listed on their site. They did take down the offer on the page I found after that though. So no more free tea from Dragonwater.
Oh well, there still are a bunch of free tea offers which I went a little crazy with in the past week. :lol:

Mar 7th, '08, 22:25
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

by Sydney » Mar 7th, '08, 22:25

I picked yerba mate, because I think it has a mathematical edge over other non-tea hot drinks I'd snatch up.

It tastes really neat, keeps forever, is dirt cheap, is consumed from really spiffy warez, and is produced near enough that I could bicycle there in a few months if the world went wrong.

Mar 7th, '08, 23:31
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 7th, '08, 23:31

Before I send this tea back to Rishi, one last try. I am convinced this is the Kagoshima 24 they offered, which I did not like the first time I had it either. This is clearly not the Fukamushi that I ordered which I had and quite liked.

The 2nd try was a huge waste of a TeaMoment, just rather nasty. I have to ask myself, why am I struggling with each steep yet continue to resteep...I am a compulsive resteeper. 4 unenjoyable steeps.

Too late for anything else...a bitter end to my TeaDay (literally)

Mar 8th, '08, 00:05

by Victoria » Mar 8th, '08, 00:05

Aww that's too bad. It couldn't have been a totally bad day? I say time to try my Adagio blend, you're on a roll.

As for me, I had a nice TeaDay, just didn't get enough.

Ending my day with a surprisingly nice herbal tea, sweet & spicy. I rarely have herbals, but it's nice.
Last edited by Victoria on Mar 8th, '08, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 8th, '08, 00:22

by Chip » Mar 8th, '08, 00:22

Victoria wrote:Aww that's too bad. It couldn't have been a totally bad day? I say time to try my Adagio blend, you're on a roll.

As for me, I had a nice TeaDay, just didn't get enough.

Ending my day with a surprisingly nice herbal tea, sweet & spicy. I rarely have herbals, I prefer tisanes.
It was a nice TeaDay actually...I had 4 great steeps of 2007 LiShan ...still have the leaves, going for a 5th.
Last edited by Chip on May 25th, '09, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 8th, '08, 00:23

by bambooforest » Mar 8th, '08, 00:23

Coffee is a wonderful beverage, one that I enjoy. That being said, I only enjoy it on occasion - but when I do I realize it is a good and lovely beverage.

Mar 8th, '08, 03:32
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Mar 8th, '08, 03:32

tenuki wrote:
Chip, everyone knows caffeine is measured in the following units...

1) omg, get me some now I can hardly see straight
2) need more please
3) gonna have more for the helluvit
4) i'm nicely buzzed thank you
5) oopps, not gonna sleep tonight
6) I'm flying! I'm a SPACE SAMURAI!!!
7) omg, I can hardly see straight.
LMAO!!! Chip, this needs to be a question concerning caffeine:

Where are you on the Tenuki scale of caffeine?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.

Mar 8th, '08, 03:36

by Chip » Mar 8th, '08, 03:36

skywarrior wrote:
tenuki wrote:
Chip, everyone knows caffeine is measured in the following units...

1) omg, get me some now I can hardly see straight
2) need more please
3) gonna have more for the helluvit
4) i'm nicely buzzed thank you
5) oopps, not gonna sleep tonight
6) I'm flying! I'm a SPACE SAMURAI!!!
7) omg, I can hardly see straight.
LMAO!!! Chip, this needs to be a question concerning caffeine:

Where are you on the Tenuki scale of caffeine?

Yezzzzz...catch the caffeine buzzzz on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!! The Tenuki Scale, that is really hysterical!!!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!