Sunday shall be TeaDay, 3/09/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

The Tenuki Caffeine Consumption Scale (TCCS), "everyone knows caffeine is measured in the following units." Where are you during your TeaDay?

OMG, get me some now, I can hardly see straight
5%
Need more please
26%
I'm nicely buzzed thank you
24%
Ooops, not gonna sleep tonight
7%
I'm flying! I'm a SPACE SAMURAI!!!
14%
OMG, I can hardly see straight
7%
I am decaffinated
17%

Total votes: 42

Mar 9th, '08, 04:51
Scrolling: scrolling

Sunday shall be TeaDay, 3/09/08

by Chip » Mar 9th, '08, 04:51

Good Sunday to all...lots of tea to sip today.

Welcome to TeaDay, come share your cup with everyone, see what everyone else is sipping, and answer the Poll.

Remember, newbies, all are welcome to TeaDay, please join us and share what is in your cup.

Today's TeaPoll question was pointed out to me by Sky Warrior regarding Tenuki's TeaDay post on caffeine on Friday.

He tells us there there is a scale for measuring caffeine consumption, I have named it appropriately, the Tenuki Caffeine Consumption Scale (TCCS). So, where are you on the TCCS? Please feel free to have some fun with this on TeaDay today!

And of course, have a great TeaDay!

Mar 9th, '08, 05:37

by Trey Winston » Mar 9th, '08, 05:37

In need of more. And I think I may get it.
Trey

Mar 9th, '08, 05:40

by Space Samurai » Mar 9th, '08, 05:40

I guess y'all know how I voted.

Mar 9th, '08, 10:03

by olivierco » Mar 9th, '08, 10:03

I am quite insensitive to caffeine.

This morning Yunnan Golden tips. Houjicha during lunch.

Mar 9th, '08, 10:54
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

by Sydney » Mar 9th, '08, 10:54

Depends on at what point in the teaday.

Mar 9th, '08, 11:01

by Victoria » Mar 9th, '08, 11:01

Most of the time it's "Ooops, not gonna sleep tonight"

At this very instant it is #1 - considering I'm not a morning person, I was up late and I lost an hour. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My adagio blend for me this morning.

Mar 9th, '08, 11:39

by JM » Mar 9th, '08, 11:39

I always need more...

- Earl Grey

Mar 9th, '08, 12:42

by TimeforTea » Mar 9th, '08, 12:42

I picked "need more please" as in "need more tea" and not "need more caffeine"...

This morning I enjoyed adagio's gyokuro.
Victoria wrote:I did try Russian Caravan recently thanks to Ladytiger. :o)
Seemed nothing like this.

I really enjoy the flavor of this tea, it is very unique. I get a strong licorice note.

But honestly the smell; I'm just having trouble getting past it. I try to hold my breath as I take a sip. You have to give me credit for hanging it there though, right?
Victoria,

Place this on your nose and then drink the tea:

:lol:

Mar 9th, '08, 13:25

by Mil » Mar 9th, '08, 13:25

Nicely buzzed. Yay for Scottish Breakfast Blend. :D

I was at the "OMG need more stage" this morning, obviously, what with the time change and all. But I wasn't about to post before I'd had my first caffeinated beverage of the day; I would've been incoherent!

I'm unlikely to reach the higher end of the scale today, though, as I'm not in the mood for coffee and have built up enough caffeine tolerance that tea alone just won't get me there. (Well, I guess I could stick with the breakfast teas all day, but where's the fun in that?)

Mar 9th, '08, 13:30

by TexasTea » Mar 9th, '08, 13:30

I voted "Need more please" since that's my usual state. But if you had asked me yesterday it would have been "Oops, not gonna sleep tonight."

The day started mildly with a tisane, but that soon changed, as I visited three of my local teashops in the course of the day...

The first shop was demoing oolongs; I tried five varieties including Monkey Picked in an informal gong fu; I stayed thru the 4th infusion. From there I dropped in a second store where I purchased a cup of mandarin citrus white to go. This was an okay tea but I was a bit disappointed - the orange flavor was just that - "flavor" - and reminded me of an orange tootsie roll pop! (My favorite tootsie pop, but not in tea!).

In the evening I went to my favorite tea shop for a black tea tasting - ceylon, nilgiri, kenya milima estate, assam and keemun. This was great fun; I'm more familiar with black teas and it was interesting to compare them side by side to see the differences.

As if that weren't enough, I gathered my courage and ordered puerh for the very first time. I didn't expect to like it based on how I've heard it described, but I was pleasantly surprised by the complexity of flavors and found it rather easy to drink! I have a feeling I'll be exploring puerh more in the future, but my S.O. insists that we use up some of the tea we already have before I go buying more...

Anyway, after that day of tea I did NOT sleep well. Between that and the time change, today really qualifies as "OMG, get me some now, I can hardly see straight..."

Mar 9th, '08, 13:47

by Chip » Mar 9th, '08, 13:47

Oy, up insanely late last night...really paying for it today! So, I am currently at stage 1 of the TCCS, but I am hoping to change that...but total lack of sleep may keep me at the low end of the scale. A nap would be nice, but I would rather have a cuppa.

Just finished 5 delicious steeps of Sencha Premium...NEXT....
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 9th, '08, 15:02

by osadczuk » Mar 9th, '08, 15:02

Seemingly like everyone else I was up late last night. So I'm flying, but working on more.

As a Hoosier I still find this whole time-change thing to be utterly ridiculous and want it to go away now! So you could say I'm a bit sleep-deprived and grumpy :x

Anyway, moving on to my Earl Grey blend, yum...

Mar 9th, '08, 15:45

by olivierco » Mar 9th, '08, 15:45

Already the end of the teaday here.

A nice five tea teaday, this afternoon with five good steeps of Kaboku sencha from Ippodo, although the "ultra premium" denomination seems to me a little bit overrated.

Just now Darjeeling Puttabong S.F.T.G.F.O.P.1. and probably a Rooibos to finish the day.

Mar 9th, '08, 16:03

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 9th, '08, 16:03

I fall at different places on the scale pending on the time of day. Given my current sleep patterns and that I am a night person, I fall at the "Ooops, not gonna sleep tonight" more times than not and end up sleeping at odd hours. The nice, buzzed feeling always results in making more tea.

I started with Den's guricha today. It is still one of my favorites.

Mar 9th, '08, 18:33

by GalileosDaughter » Mar 9th, '08, 18:33

Always in the "need more please" stage. I don't think I've ever been overcaffeinated. :shock: