Monday is TeaDay, 3/10/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

To TeaBlog...or not to TeaBlog. Do you have a TeaBlog, read TeaBlogs, or have a non TeaBlog?

Yes, I have a TeaBlog
8%
No, I do not have a TeaBlog
21%
Yes, I have a TeaBlog and read other TeaBlogs
19%
No, I do not have a TeaBlog but read TeaBlogs
23%
I have a non TeaBlog and read TeaBlogs
21%
Other
8%

Total votes: 48

Mar 10th, '08, 02:38
Scrolling: scrolling

Monday is TeaDay, 3/10/08

by Chip » Mar 10th, '08, 02:38

Happy Monday...drink up TeaChatters.

Welcome to TeaDay, where we share what is in our cups. So, share what is in your cup, see what other TeaChatters are sipping. While you are here, don't forget to vote in our daily Poll.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic...do you TeaBlog, do you read TeaBlogs, do you have a non TeaBlog. Share with us here. If you are a blogger, share your link here (and under TeaCritic if you have not already). Do you know of a TeaBlog you would like to share with your fellow TeaChatters...please share here today.

So, bottoms up TeaChatters!!! The only cure for Monday is more TEA.
Last edited by Chip on Mar 10th, '08, 04:25, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 10th, '08, 03:13

by Space Samurai » Mar 10th, '08, 03:13

I have found tea-blogging to be very rewarding and beneficial. I appreciate the feedback and different viewpoints I get from people through out the world, and I very much enjoy all the free tea and stuff that has found its way to me--if it weren't for the blog, I wouldn't have discovered my favourite TGY, given to me by June, from Just4Tea. And tea-blogging re-kindled my love for photography, soemthing that I had all but abandoned.

But tea-blogging can be a lot of work. I still remember something Salsero said to me (forgive me Sal, if I miss quote you here), "It is a labor of love, but its still labor."

Mar 10th, '08, 03:46

by tenuki » Mar 10th, '08, 03:46

Wasn't sure how to answer this. I do read one teablog because it really isn't a blog. I don't have a blog except for that one thing that uses blogging software to publish to but it isn't a blog...

Most blogs are just some guy spouting nonsense about what he likes. I have more than enough nonsense myself without spending time reading other people's. I try to reserve my posts on teachat for spouting my own nonsense.
Last edited by tenuki on Mar 10th, '08, 16:43, edited 5 times in total.

Mar 10th, '08, 03:48

by Space Samurai » Mar 10th, '08, 03:48

Let us know how you really feel.

Mar 10th, '08, 04:10

by Trey Winston » Mar 10th, '08, 04:10

I'm surprised at how many great teablogs there are on the 'net, some maintained by people on this very forum. I read three or four regularly.

Mar 10th, '08, 04:14

by Salsero » Mar 10th, '08, 04:14

I read a lot of teablogs and there are a lot of great ones to read. My impression is that Adadio's TeaChat and TeaChat Live Chat have been major factors in fostering at least two generations of English-language teablogs over the last two or three years. A national tea community seems to be developing through a network of blogs as well as a number of groups like the Puerh LJ of bearsbearsbears, the RFDT Usenet group, the Cha Dao group, and the Teamail Yahoo group. It's an exciting time for tea drinkers!

w00t!

Mar 10th, '08, 05:48

by olivierco » Mar 10th, '08, 05:48

I read some teablogs (anotherteablog, teamasters, la galette de thé and others). I have a blog, but a private one: it is only a convenient way for me to write down notes, reminders or information I find online.

This morning Yunann golden tips.

Mar 10th, '08, 06:41

by Jack_teachat » Mar 10th, '08, 06:41

I used to have a blog about beer but I don't really write much on it anymore. I should read more teablogs, it's just finding the time to do so! :?

Started the day with a pot of Jasmine tea. :D

Mar 10th, '08, 08:24

by caradrake » Mar 10th, '08, 08:24

I do not have a TeaBlog. I do have a blog up at http://www.carasweb.com, that talks about the different ways I'm saving money (and sometimes getting free stuff), but it hasn't been updated in a few months.

I do read teablogs. I'll read Padre's, and I'll click on some other ones when I'm looking for information. :)

Mar 10th, '08, 09:03

by omegapd » Mar 10th, '08, 09:03

I have a My Space page and update the blogs occasionally. I've done one on Yerba Mate but the other stuff has to do with my hobbies and work and it's just a fun way to keep up with friends from high school and college. I do have a couple of pics up of my tea set but thats about it on the tea front so far.

http://www.myspace.com/georgiacop

EW

Mar 10th, '08, 09:05

by GalileosDaughter » Mar 10th, '08, 09:05

I have a perfume-related blog but haven't been able to post much lately. As other posters have said, it is very time-consuming, between posting and then commenting on other blogs.

Mar 10th, '08, 09:30

Ancient Tea Horse Road Blog

by hop_goblin » Mar 10th, '08, 09:30

Ancient Tea Horse Road Blog is my favorite!

www.ancientteahorseroadblogspot.com

Mar 10th, '08, 09:48

by TimeforTea » Mar 10th, '08, 09:48

I don't have a tea blog. I've skimmed through a couple that were mentioned in tea chat, and they're interesting to read. However, I find I'd rather allocate my web time to tea chat for now.

This morning I am drinking Ginger Green from Red blossom (Thanks, TexasTEA!!) I am really enjoying it. The ginger is not overpowering or weak--it's perfect.

Yesterday at Borders, my husband and I had a cup of Tazo's green China Tips. It wasn't bad, even though the water used was too hot. It was very relaxing to sit with a cup of tea and skim through books.
Last edited by TimeforTea on Mar 10th, '08, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 10th, '08, 09:54

by CynTEAa » Mar 10th, '08, 09:54

Blogless...

Started with Yunnan Gold and am now sipping douglas fir tip herbal given to me by a colleague. Interesting!

Mar 10th, '08, 11:31

by Victoria » Mar 10th, '08, 11:31

GalileosDaughter wrote:I have a perfume-related blog but haven't been able to post much lately. As other posters have said, it is very time-consuming, between posting and then commenting on other blogs.
I have a perfume blog too and as GD says above; it's very time-consuming. Suffering from a little burn out I found my way here.

I enjoy reading the TC member blogs since we have a common connection. I haven't really searched out other tea blogs, I really don't have the time.

In my cup this morning Darjeeling #22.

Have a lovely day all!