Wednesday, gimme TeaDay, 3/12/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

On a scale of 1-5, how much do you enjoy brewing TEA?

1: Throw a bag in the water and shuddup you TeaWussies.
No votes
2: I guess I need to brew it to drink it.
28%
3: I honestly enjoy brewing TEA.
54%
4: Brewing TEA is a highlight of my TeaDay.
4%
5: Wow, I truly love to brew Tea as much as I enjoy drinking TEA.
14%

Total votes: 50

Mar 12th, '08, 02:18
Scrolling: scrolling

Wednesday, gimme TeaDay, 3/12/08

by Chip » Mar 12th, '08, 02:18

It is Wednesday, gimme TeaDay!!!

Welcome TeaChatters to TeaDay. I hope you are having a great TeaDay, but whether you are or not, stop by, sit a spell, share what is in your cup today, see what other TeaChatters are sipping today.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic, how much do you enjoy..or not enjoy brewing tea? Vote in the Poll, and share your personal feelings about brewing TEA here. So, whether you hate brewing tea or love brewing as much as drinking, tell us where you are.

And above all else, have a great TeaDay everyone!!!

Mar 12th, '08, 02:46

by olivierco » Mar 12th, '08, 02:46

I chose: "3: I honestly enjoy brewing TEA." I like to experiment with brewing parameters, but brewing tea per se is not for me the most enjoyable moment.

What I like best is actually drinking tea.

This morning Yunnan golden tips.

Mar 12th, '08, 02:48

by omegapd » Mar 12th, '08, 02:48

#2 for me. Getting the utensils, waiting on the water, waiting on the tea to steep, etc. not my idea of a lot of fun. Cleaning up the stuff afterwards certainly isn't.

EW

Mar 12th, '08, 02:59

by Chip » Mar 12th, '08, 02:59

I usually wait to post til the following day, sort of a self control thing. But....this one is special to me I guess.

OK, call me strange, and I would likely agree...I truly love to brew tea as much as I enjoy drinking tea. This is saying an aweful lot considering how much I enjoy drinking TEA.

The whole process, the prepreparation, the focus, the anticipation, doing everything I can to create the perfect pot each and every time. The TeaWare, the TeaTools.

The feeling of success as I pour a perfect cup of sencha from my kyusu...it just feels so right.
Last edited by Chip on Mar 12th, '08, 03:02, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 12th, '08, 02:59

by Space Samurai » Mar 12th, '08, 02:59

I had to think about this one for a bit, and to my surprise, I had to vote number 5.

1) Brewing tea means playing with tea ware, and I love my teaware. I spend more money on teaware than I do on thea.

2) I like to look at the tea, smell the tea, before and after it goes into a heated pot. I particularly enjoy preparing matcha. Its a lot of fun and very meditative.

3) On the subject of matcha, I spent over a $100 on matcha wares before I had even tasted it or knew if I even liked it or not.

I think this is why I don't mess with tea at work or on the go and would rather have coffee than bad tea. If I can't make it, where's the fun?

8 hours till matcha morning.

Mar 12th, '08, 03:05

by tenuki » Mar 12th, '08, 03:05

Rather ask if you like breathing or eating better....
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Mar 12th, '08, 05:27

by Trey Winston » Mar 12th, '08, 05:27

I do enjoy brewing tea, but drinking it is really the point for me. Voted number 3.
Trey

Mar 12th, '08, 09:06

by henley » Mar 12th, '08, 09:06

I'm somewhere between #2 & #3 in that it depends on when I'm making tea. When I have the time, I really enjoy the whole process of preparing it, waiting for it to steep, getting everything together, making a nice presentation, etc. It's a gift I can give to myself or my family. However, when I'm tired or pressed for time, I wish it wasn't such a long drawn out process just to get something to drink.

Off to enjoy some hot cinnamon spice tea. It's an old friend I haven't visited in a while.

Mar 12th, '08, 09:37

by Victoria » Mar 12th, '08, 09:37

I guess I'm a 3. At home I'm a 3-4. At work, it's crazy so I'm more like a 2-3, sometimes just needing tea the fastest way possible to brew a decent cup.

This morning's brew is a TQY.

Have a lovely day all!

Mar 12th, '08, 11:02

by LavenderPekoe » Mar 12th, '08, 11:02

I am not a fan of the actual brewing process so I voted 2. I am the typical hurried/lazy American. I want to drink the tea, not have to think about it. I think this is one of the reasons I am not a green tea drinker. It is much more laborious to get a cup of green to come out good compared to an oolong or a black or a flavored tea. I drink most of my tea at work so I need it to be easy. I don't drink tea for it's health benefits, I honestly do like it, it just happens to be better for me than Diet Coke (of which my consumption has seriously dropped).

Today started kinda late for me for some reason. I am still on my first cup. It is the Grapefruit oolong from Teasweetie.

Mar 12th, '08, 11:11

by TimeforTea » Mar 12th, '08, 11:11

I honestly enjoy brewing tea. It is a relaxing ritual, that I find much more enjoyable than brewing coffee ever was.

I chose #3 since drinking the tea is more enjoyable than brewing it.

Drinking peppermint tisane at the moment after a sleepless night. My dog is at the vet right now. :(

Mar 12th, '08, 11:22

by daughteroftheKing » Mar 12th, '08, 11:22

If you have good tools, you enjoy the task. #3 was my vote...although suggestion #1 made me actually laugh out loud at my computer screen!

My morning started an hour earlier than usual, so I needed a nice green -- Lu An Gua Pian (enjoyingteadotcom). But now at work, White Peach (adagio) is making me feel a bit less harried.

Isn't it amazing how a few minutes with a simple cup of hot tea can calm your attitude?
Last edited by daughteroftheKing on Mar 12th, '08, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 12th, '08, 11:23

by daughteroftheKing » Mar 12th, '08, 11:23

Teasweetie: I hope your pup is going to be ok.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Mar 12th, '08, 12:27

by Mil » Mar 12th, '08, 12:27

In a shocking move, I've voted for 3. I know, I know, I'm pretty much the definition of the utilitarian, "can't you boil any faster?", "ceremony? what ceremony?" tea drinker. But I enjoy making tea on the same level I enjoy cooking. It's sometimes a chore, but done in the right frame of mind, it's restful and quite rewarding.

Had a bit of a wild morning finishing up some long-avoided tasks, and now I'm celebrating with my first cup of tea in three days. (Well, unless you count Diet Snapple Peach Iced Tea. I don't. I love it, but it's not tea. :lol: )

Mar 12th, '08, 12:58
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Mar 12th, '08, 12:58

I'm one of these people who doesn't mind brewing it, but obviously, the highlight of my day is drinking tea, not brewing it.

Timing my tea is about the most I can muster on some days. I drink so much of it, that it really would take up a good portion of my day to wax poetical about brewing tea.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.