Wooo hooo, Friday is TeaDay, 3/14/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Augie and Padre contributed to this one, name your "poison!" So, which would you choose if you had only one choice, period.

Tea/Tisane, etc of your brewing
67%
Wine or similar
4%
Beer/Ale or similar
No votes
Distilled Spirit or similar
4%
Fruit Juice
2%
Soft Drink/Soda including RTD teas
4%
Energy Drink
No votes
Milk based beverage
2%
Soy based beverage
No votes
How could I forget WATER
16%
Yikes, I forgot coffee. Here you go.
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 45

Mar 14th, '08, 03:23
Scrolling: scrolling

Wooo hooo, Friday is TeaDay, 3/14/08

by Chip » Mar 14th, '08, 03:23

TGIF...and TGITeaDay!!! I plan on drinking a lot of tea today, how about you???

So, welcome again to TeaDay. Brew some tea, share with TeaChatters what is in your cup now and throughout the day. Also, be sure to check out what everyone else is sipping...so you will have to check back often.

Thanx to Augie for inspiring today's Poll...and Padre too, though he may be scratching his head how.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is about what is your #1 prefered beverage. Does TEA reign supreme? Be sure to share with everyone as you share what is in your cup!!!

OK, everyone, have a super TeaDay!
Last edited by Chip on Mar 14th, '08, 18:10, edited 3 times in total.

Mar 14th, '08, 04:18

by omegapd » Mar 14th, '08, 04:18

Since this is a tea forum, I wonder what will reign supreme? :wink:

I don't drink alcohol anymore, although if I still did, a dark beer would be #1.

I drink about one soda a week and probably less than that of fruit juice so that wouldn't be it.

I have to admit, though, a big craving for milkshakes. That would be something I don't think I could give up...tea is very very close behind that, though.

EW

Mar 14th, '08, 04:42

by Trey Winston » Mar 14th, '08, 04:42

After some soul searching, I had a surprisingly close call between tea and wine. Common sense won out. Tea, of course.
Trey

Mar 14th, '08, 07:08

by olivierco » Mar 14th, '08, 07:08

I had some difficulties to choose between milk and tea. I have been drinking milk (whole fresh milk) daily for 38 years and I really enjoy it.
On the other side, I drink more tea than milk, so I chose tea.

This morning Yunnan golden tips.

Mar 14th, '08, 08:42

by CynTEAa » Mar 14th, '08, 08:42

Tea, tea, tea! My second choice would be a soy based beverage, but that is for health reasons vs. enjoyment.

Started off with Yunnan Gold as usual and have quickly moved on to the bright, sunny notes of a Ceylon with a pinch of Assam. :)

Mar 14th, '08, 09:18

by Michael_C » Mar 14th, '08, 09:18

'The Chinese have an herb from which they press a delicate juice which serves them instead of wine. It also preserves the health and frees them from all those evils that the immoderate use of wine doth breed in us.'

- Giovanni Botero, 1589
quoted from "Liquid Jade", p. 106

Mar 14th, '08, 09:22

by hop_goblin » Mar 14th, '08, 09:22

Tea! Tea! I drink tea everyday and it is very much of my life. I can't say the same for the rest. However, I do love to drink a good hoppy beer and do so quite frequently in the summer times when I generally brew atleast 5 batches or more.

Mar 14th, '08, 09:29

by Victoria » Mar 14th, '08, 09:29

Tea. That was just too easy. :o)

Joining the Yunnan Gold crowd this morning. This is my first sip of this delicious brew - wow - How did I miss this one?

Have a lovely day all!

Mar 14th, '08, 09:47

by cloudyday » Mar 14th, '08, 09:47

I’m always one that tends to support the underdog…which, in this case, is all of them except for tea, but I chose wine. Admittedly, I drink tea much more than any of the others listed, I still very much value wine and would be ever so upset if I had to choose tea over it. Wine has its own health properties, too, let’s not forget that – alcoholic beverages play their role in preventing heart disease and all that…though I won’t get into all that now. Plus…sweet, sweet inebriation eases the pain…

lol

Anyways, drinking Makaibari Oolong this morning. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mar 14th, '08, 10:18

by TimeforTea » Mar 14th, '08, 10:18

I'm the odd one out, as I chose "other". My favorite beverage is water. My second favorite is tea.

That's really all I drink, other than the occassional glass of milk, o.j., wine, or a once a year lite beer for the 4th of July.

This morning I have adagio's gyokuro in my cup.

Ended this evening with a cup of chocolate mint rooibos with a splash of soy milk and a bit of agave nectar. Yum!
Last edited by TimeforTea on Mar 14th, '08, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 14th, '08, 11:00

by daughteroftheKing » Mar 14th, '08, 11:00

Tea, tea, tea!

I gave up pop when I got more serious about tea a couple years ago; just didn't need/want it any more. Don't drink alcohol and never was a big juice drinker other than V8. Grew up on a farm with our own milk cow, so I loved milk, but just don't need it too much anymore, either.
I guess good tea has replaced all sorts of bad food habits for me. :)
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Mar 14th, '08, 11:03

by daughteroftheKing » Mar 14th, '08, 11:03

:oops: Oops, forgot to report my teas:

Started with Gyokuro, but moving on to Chocolate with Mint (all from adagio) because IT'S SNOWING HERE and I need something comforting at work.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Mar 14th, '08, 12:57

by Space Samurai » Mar 14th, '08, 12:57

Interesting, a surprising amount of people are choosing tea.

My morning is a repeat of my evening, houjicha and matcha.

Mar 14th, '08, 13:07

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 14th, '08, 13:07

I would definitely go with tea. Beyond water, it is the only beverage on the list that I drink daily. I enjoy alcoholic beverages every so often, dislike most juices and energy drinks, only have soda when there are no other options, and can't have milk. I will drink soy or almond beverages though, but not as much as I drink tea.

I started the day with a large mug of Russian Caravan.

Mar 14th, '08, 13:59

by Ladytiger » Mar 14th, '08, 13:59

I started my day with some Ti Kuan Yin. For some reason my tea drinking is on a decline but I'll fix that! I started to prepare a spot for my herbs yesterday and today which was just raking the dead tall grass away, pulling various wild onions and garlic, and freaking out when I uncovered a bone that did look like a beef bone and is rather old. I'm hoping that it's deer, but I'm not entirely sure what it is.
Anyway, for today's poll I picked fruit juices, although I do like tea, fruit juices (with out corn syrups and other sweeteners) make be feel really refreshed. As for anything of the alcoholic nature, I'm too young to drink them but if I was I still wouldn't. I'll occasionally drink soda but usually birch beer. Energy drinks scare me, I use to drink them at work but there's way too much junk in them.