FRIDAY!!! TeaDay!!! 3/21/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Oh PU...Pu-erh that is. Let's branch out from yesterday's theme a little. Pu-erh is a buzzz aound TeaChat, but have you tried it?

Yes, I love the stuff more days than not
15%
Yes, I have it occasionally
21%
Yes, I have tried it, and I liked it, but have not had it since
4%
Yes, I tried it, and I did not like it
19%
No, I have not tried it but have been wanting to...
19%
No, I have not tried it, I do not know enough about it
15%
No, get that PU away from me, I am not interested in the least
8%
Other...
No votes

Total votes: 48

Mar 21st, '08, 02:59
Scrolling: scrolling

FRIDAY!!! TeaDay!!! 3/21/08

by Chip » Mar 21st, '08, 02:59

So, the second day of Spring 2008 is today...new harvest teas cannot be too far away. Unless you are a Pu-erh aficionado, that is the best TeaNews you have heard in...oh...3 months?

So, TeaChatters, what is in your cup today? Please share with everyone throughout the day...unless you have to play catch up at the end of the day. Either way, share what teas you are enjoying today! Also, see what everyone else is drinking. That is half the fun of TeaDay, right?

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is branched out from yesterday's, today, we ask whether you have tried Pu-erh...or not? So, please share with everyone where you stand on Pu-erh.

We will continue branching out into other teas and tisanes over the next several days.

So, visit TeaDay often, today and everyday.

Have a great Friday, everyone!!!
Last edited by Chip on Mar 21st, '08, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 21st, '08, 05:07

by omegapd » Mar 21st, '08, 05:07

One more thread I can answer no too. :lol:

I guess I really need to branch out with my tea drinking, but I'm pretty happy with my blacks and occasional green.

Red Rose tea this morning for a nice caffeine boost...

EW

Mar 21st, '08, 06:14

by olivierco » Mar 21st, '08, 06:14

I have been drinking Puer for about a year, but not much in the last three months. Not because of not liking it, but more because my growing interest on Japanese greens (especially gyokuro).

This morning, Keemun for breakfast and hatsumi sencha.
Houjicha for my lunch break in a few minutes.

Mar 21st, '08, 07:25

by Trey Winston » Mar 21st, '08, 07:25

Haven't tried it, but I probably will some day. I'm taking my time slowly exploring the different teas. My new batch of Silver Needle arrived two days ago, so that's what I'm sipping today.
Trey

Mar 21st, '08, 09:42

by Victoria » Mar 21st, '08, 09:42

I have tried it and I am enjoying the uncooked. I have not tried any cooked yet. I have many lovely samples to work through, so far all are good.

This morning's brew - I am sampling Adagio's Oolong #40. It's actually tasting pretty good.

Have a lovely day all!

Mar 21st, '08, 09:43

by shogun89 » Mar 21st, '08, 09:43

I love the stuff . . . and am going to start collecting it. whether its sheeng or shu i'll drink it. I love it all.

This morning tryin out my new pu erh cake, 2005 Jinggu arbor tree. :D

Mar 21st, '08, 10:22

by hop_goblin » Mar 21st, '08, 10:22

Is that the stuff that comes in a cake, brick or a mushroom looking thing? :lol:

Mar 21st, '08, 10:35

by xine » Mar 21st, '08, 10:35

I've tried it cooked, uncooked, and it's just not my bag, baby. :)

Having Golden monkey as usually, ecstatic that it is Friday. :D

Mar 21st, '08, 10:51

by forkyfork » Mar 21st, '08, 10:51

Have tried it.. liked a couple, but not most. Will probably try more again to figure out what I like, specifically.

But for now, my regular teas are just fine :)

Mar 21st, '08, 10:55

by daughteroftheKing » Mar 21st, '08, 10:55

Smoke is for BBQ, not my tea. I'm in awe of you who love pu-erh. First cup: tasted like a musty dusty old barn. Second cup: the barn had burned. :shock: If it's an acquired taste, I think I'll spend my time enjoying all the other wonderfully delicous teas in my cabinets. :)

This morning I had two infusions of Jade TiQuanYin (teaspring) in my brand new, first-ever gaiwan 8) . Yum. A little more green than I'd expected but slightly sweet, and I like it.
Now I'm onto White Darjeeling (adagio) with some Rosebuds tossed it.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Mar 21st, '08, 11:01

by shogun89 » Mar 21st, '08, 11:01

[quote="daughteroftheKing"]Smoke is for BBQ, not my tea. I'm in awe of you who love pu-erh. First cup: tasted like a musty dusty old barn. Second cup: the barn had burned. :shock: If it's an acquired taste, I think I'll spend my time enjoying all the other wonderfully delicous teas in my cabinets. :)

This morning I had two infusions of Jade TiQuanYin (teaspring) in my brand new, first-ever gaiwan 8) . Yum. A little more green than I'd expected but slightly sweet, and I like it.
Now I'm onto White Darjeeling (adagio) with some Rosebuds tossed it.[/quote

Sounds like a badly made/stored cake to me.
try again

Mar 21st, '08, 11:12

by daughteroftheKing » Mar 21st, '08, 11:12

Thanks for the encouragement, Shogun. :) It was admittedly a low-quality pu-erh. I really enjoy lighter/sweeter teas, though, so unless someone offers a cup at their home, I can still be happy in my little world of whites and greens and oolongs.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Mar 21st, '08, 11:22

by shogun89 » Mar 21st, '08, 11:22

daughteroftheKing wrote:Thanks for the encouragement, Shogun. :) It was admittedly a low-quality pu-erh. I really enjoy lighter/sweeter teas, though, so unless someone offers a cup at their home, I can still be happy in my little world of whites and greens and oolongs.
At least you tried it. the key is to just have an open mind on everything. :D

Mar 21st, '08, 11:23

by auggy » Mar 21st, '08, 11:23

Nope, never tried it. Though thanks to TeaChat, I actually know about it. Not something I could have said two months ago...

This morning was white tip earl gray... Still trying to find a black I like a lot. Not working. Now I have Ti Kuan Yin Monkey Picked. Yum. No clue where the rest of the day will take me. Probably a green around lunch and more oolong at night. But who knows! :)

Mar 21st, '08, 11:56

by CynTEAa » Mar 21st, '08, 11:56

auggy, what a cute avatar! :)

Pu Erh is grand! Earthy, smooth with hints of sweetness. Like a morning working in the garden, a walk in a misty forest or a trip to an earthen wine cellar... very relaxing.

Today I have had my usual Yunnan Gold beginnings and moved onto a baozhong. Very well may be headed to some pu erh now that it is in my head!

Have a great TeaDay, everyone!