Monday, TeaDay>>> 3/24/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today is Roy Bus' turn, Rooibus that is...have you had the other Red Tea?

Yes, I have Rooibus several times a day virtually every day
6%
Yes, I have Rooibus almost everyday
11%
Yes, I have Rooibus more days than not
9%
Yes, I have have Rooibus occasionally or rarely
36%
Yes, i have have tried Rooibus
21%
No, but I would certainly like to try Rooibus
11%
No, never tried it and do not plan to either
4%
Other
2%

Total votes: 47

Mar 24th, '08, 03:29
Scrolling: scrolling

Monday, TeaDay>>> 3/24/08

by Chip » Mar 24th, '08, 03:29

Yea...another Monday...well, at least it is TeaDay!!!! I hope to consume massive quantities! How about you?

Welcome to TeaDay, please stop by throughout the day and share what is in your cup. If you need to, stop by at the end of the day and share your TeaDay then. Also see what is in other TeaChatters cups as well.

Remember, all are welcome to TeaDay, please join the fun.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is regarding the other Red Tea, Rooibus. So, share your experience with Rooibus...or lack there of. If you drink Rooibus, why do you?

OK, everyone...see you on TeaChat!!!!!!!

Mar 24th, '08, 04:04

by olivierco » Mar 24th, '08, 04:04

I have rooibos often. It is usually my last tea of the day. I prefer it unflavored.

This morning, Yunnan golden tips for breakfast and Kaboku sencha (Ippodo) in a few minutes.

Mar 24th, '08, 04:23

by Terrasi » Mar 24th, '08, 04:23

Rooibos was my first loose leaf "tea". I wanted to get into tea and went out to whole foods to buy some. I bought some "red tea" and had no idea what it was when I got home.

It was tasty though. Vanilla rooibos is still in my top 10.

Mar 24th, '08, 06:22

by Trey Winston » Mar 24th, '08, 06:22

Rooibos is on my list to try eventually. Still busy exploring the whites, white peony today.
Trey

Mar 24th, '08, 07:55

by TexasTea » Mar 24th, '08, 07:55

Ginger & Lime Rooibos is one of my favorites. I only have it occasionally, though - when I'm really wanting a treat.

Nothing in the cup yet this morning - I'm out of my favorite morning tea and haven't decided what to replace it with this am... perhaps some masala chai?

Mar 24th, '08, 09:17

by augie » Mar 24th, '08, 09:17

I drink Rooibos occasionally. Esp when I need help getting to sleep. I have suffered from insomnia since grade school and only wish I had found Rooibos in college. Rooibos helps me get to sleep, doesn't knock you out. Just fall asleep faster.
It's monday after easter and it's a green tea day for me. I need to detoxify! :(

Mar 24th, '08, 10:26

by xine » Mar 24th, '08, 10:26

i love rooibos. It is my dessert tea, and I find that it works well as a substitute for sweets or along with my after dinner treat :) I'm not too fond of any fruity-flavored rooibos teas.

No tea yet...hopefully soon... :)

Mar 24th, '08, 10:39

by auggy » Mar 24th, '08, 10:39

I've tried some in bags a while back, but nothing loose yet. It is on my list, though.

This morning is Earl Grey De La Creme. It's odd, but I like it. So that's one black tea that I enjoy - yay! :D

Mar 24th, '08, 11:00

by daughteroftheKing » Mar 24th, '08, 11:00

Can't drink rooibos -- a food allergy or at least a sensitivity thing. Dries out my mouth and tastes like I'm drinking straw. But I've only met 1 other person with the same issue, so our non-consumption of rooibos shouldn't hurt the market too much. :lol:

Started today with an orchid oolong (overpriced & disappointing yet I refuse to give up on it until it's gone!). So now at work I'm moving on to Adagio's trusty Oolong 40. After yesterday's Easter feast, it's a day for lots of tea to clean out the bloodstream!
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Mar 24th, '08, 11:01

by stargazer » Mar 24th, '08, 11:01

This morning i am drinking jasmine tea from local asian market.

I would like to try Rooibos? Can anyone recommend a vendor?

Mar 24th, '08, 11:03

by Selaphiel » Mar 24th, '08, 11:03

Finally back to tea after having some acid reflux problems, I let some Sencha Miyabi have the honor of re-opening my activity of tea drinking. Can`t even describe how good it feels to have delicate velvet textured green in my mouth again.

Haven`t tried Rooibos yet, want to though.

Mar 24th, '08, 11:09

by omegapd » Mar 24th, '08, 11:09

Tried it a few times. Don't like it at all.

Mar 24th, '08, 11:14

by TimeforTea » Mar 24th, '08, 11:14

I drink a mug of adagio's vanilla rooibos with a splash of milk almost every night at bedtime, unless I'm drinking adagio's foxtrot or peppermint.

I've tried Dragonwater's sweetheart rooibos, which is a bit sweeter. Dragonwater's chocolate mint rooibos is excellent. From a tea swap (thanks, TexasTea!), I've had ginger lime rooibos which is very good. Plain rooibos I didn't like as much.

In my tea cabinet, I have mango rooibos and carmel rooibos samples that I have yet to try. I also have samples of green rooibos that I should have tried already, but it's hard to break my vanilla rooibos routine! :wink:

Here's a little tip to share (me? a newbie? sharing a tea tip? :wink: ) Rooibos is very fine and makes a mess when brewing. Cinnamon Kitty suggested making tea bags with loose rooibos which works very well. I also found a great mug from For Life that comes with an extra-fine infuser and mug cover/infuser holder that works perfectly for rooibos.

This morning, I finished off the last of my adagio gyokuro. :cry:

Edit: I just finished off a mug of dragonwater's rooibos creamy caramel. I'm not too fond of it. It's not overly sweet, but the flavor tastes more like butter than like caramel.
Last edited by TimeforTea on Mar 24th, '08, 15:38, edited 2 times in total.

Mar 24th, '08, 11:17
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Mar 24th, '08, 11:17

I tried it, but ended up not liking it at all. Gave away all I had.

This morning's brew is Yunnan Gold again - delish!

Mar 24th, '08, 11:19

by TimeforTea » Mar 24th, '08, 11:19

auggy wrote:I've tried some in bags a while back, but nothing loose yet. It is on my list, though.

This morning is Earl Grey De La Creme. It's odd, but I like it. So that's one black tea that I enjoy - yay! :D
Your avatar is just the cutest!!! :D