Tea(chat) Newbie

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Mar 31st, '08, 04:33

Tea(chat) Newbie

by Terrasi » Mar 31st, '08, 04:33

I have read a LOT of old topics and I lurk constantly. Though I occasionally comment on the daily teapoll I thought I should formally introduce myself.

I come from Colorado, A far away land of high altitude and amazingly beautiful mountains.

My name is actually Robert but I could not come up with a clever way to fuse "tea" and "robert". I suppose I could have used "rooibos" or something...

Either way, it's nice to say hi to everyone.

If anyone has some ideas for teas for a tea newbie to try I would appreciate it. I have tried many adagio samplers(green tea sampler, black tea sampler, foxtrot, etc), but that's it.

Mar 31st, '08, 04:57

Re: Tea(chat) Newbie

by Trey Winston » Mar 31st, '08, 04:57

Welcome, Robert :D
Terrasi wrote:
If anyone has some ideas for teas for a tea newbie to try I would appreciate it. I have tried many adagio samplers(green tea sampler, black tea sampler, foxtrot, etc), but that's it.
I would suggest the white tea sampler, if you haven't tried it already. White tea is not everyone's favorite, but sometimes it really strikes home.

Mar 31st, '08, 06:19

by olivierco » Mar 31st, '08, 06:19

Welcome here.

Yunnan gold is a very good black tea.

Mar 31st, '08, 07:01
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Mar 31st, '08, 07:01

Welcome Robert! I second the Yunnan Gold, it's currently my favorite black. How do you feel about oolongs? Adagio Ti Kuan Yin is very good.
What types are your favorite?

Mar 31st, '08, 07:36

by Terrasi » Mar 31st, '08, 07:36

I love black tea. The problem is that I don't yet know what I like, since I want to try enough teas that I can actually decide.

The only oolong I have tried is jasmine #9/#12, so I don't even know what most oolongs taste like on their own.

Green tea is something I don't like that much, but I keep giving it a chance because I think I simply haven't found one I like yet. I also think I spent a few weeks brewing it too long/too hot after I got my sampler. Some of them (kukicha for example) tasted far too grassy for me.

White tea is something I only heard of recently, and haven't had the chance to try it yet.

I'm making a list of anything mentioned here, so I can order the samples.

Mar 31st, '08, 11:56

by auggy » Mar 31st, '08, 11:56

Welcome Robert!

No tea suggestions for you as I'm currently doing the same thing of trying different sample collections to find what I like. Though I suppose I'm going to make myself a liar and say that the oolong sampler I got from SpecialTeas has been quite good if you are looking for an oolong variety sampler.

Apr 1st, '08, 18:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 1st, '08, 18:57

Hi Robert...I hear you sold your car to buy a couple kilos of tea... :wink:

Welcome to TeaChat and I hope you enjoy the forum and the TeaFellowship. Glad to see you found TeaDay

I hope you visit TeaDay often and share what is in your cup.

Apr 4th, '08, 12:42

by Terrasi » Apr 4th, '08, 12:42

Update: I bought some samples: A few oolongs, dragonwell, silver needle.

I loved them all. I think oolong will be a favorite type of tea for me from now on.

White tea, which I had never tried before, was not what I expected; very good.

+ Post Reply