Beginner

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jun 7th, '05, 16:58
Mod/Admin

Beginner

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:58

I just started to enjoy Green Tea. Which kinds of Green teas should I try? What is the best way to use loose leaves, but only prepare one cup at a time?

po

Jun 7th, '05, 16:58
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:58

Po-

Thanks for the note.

My recommendation would be a green tea starter set. It contains samples of the most popular green teas and an amazing teapot that is perfect for a cup at a time! Here is the link:

http://www.adagio.com/misc/no_risk.html

All the best,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Jun 7th, '05, 16:59
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:59

I ordered the starter set, and although it arrived quite late, I like the product; especially the pekoe blues. When I brewed the tea by the directions, there wasn’t much taste, at least not as much as I’m used to. When I put the tea in the microwave and heated the water almost to boiling, and it had more taste. Is my taste not sophisticated enough, or am I not doing something right?

Ponderer

Mod/Admin

Thanks for the post.

You are correct-- you may not be using hot enough water. For most green teas, the optimal steeping temperature is 180 degrees. this can be tricky to obtain, as it is not quite boiling, but more than lukewarm.

To achieve 180 degrees, I used to simply boil the water and allow to rest for 2 minutes... this should give you about 180 degrees. But now, i've got a better solution: you may wish to invest in this product:

http://www.adagio.com/teaware/utiliTEA_kettle.html

Perfect for making green tea!

All the best,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Mod/Admin

Can you tell me the benefits of green tea. I am looking for a tea which purifies my body. I hear the rave of Green tea but I am not sure if this is what I should be drinking

Therese

Jun 7th, '05, 17:00
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:00

Therese --

Thanks for your post.

Please visit our Tea Info page for the latest summary of tea's amazing health benefits. You may reach it directly via http://www.adagio.com/info/health_benefits.html

Repeatingly,

Adagio Teas

http://www.adagio.com

Mod/Admin

I think Hangzhou Longjing is a good starter tea Just throw the leaves on the bottom of the cup (maybe one large pinch?) pour water, steep and enjoy. The second cup is the best. With a good tea you should be able to get at least three good cups out of one serving. I just tried yunwu cloud and mist tea and it has a really interesting flavour!!

kellian

Mod/Admin

Hi :o Can you steep flavored green teas multiple times?

Best wishes,
Stephenie

Mod/Admin

Steph--

Thanks for the post.

Most of the "flavored" part of the flavored green will be lost, but you'll still get a great green tea taste!

Best,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Jun 7th, '05, 17:01
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:01

I have been a faithful Green Tea Drinker for the last 6 month now. Some people can't stand the stuff, I can sort of understand, because of the bitterness. Ifelt the same way, but the taste grew on me, I have become a offical Green Tea addict.

I love Earl Grey Green Tea, and the Apricot... I have not tried much of anything else but have ordered a bunch of goodies today.

scarlett

Jun 7th, '05, 17:01
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:01

Guest User

Green Tea from Kyoto

A friend has just brought me some green tea back from Kyoto. It is unlike any green tea that I have tasted before and I like it very much. The taste is very similar to vegetable stock and very pleasant. I asked if they sold it at the Japanese Kitchen and they were kind enough to translate the Japanese writing on the packet. They say that it is special Kyoto tea. The tea includes dried plums,seaweed, Japanese red basil and roasted salt. If anyone out there knows where I can buy this tea, I would be very grateful if you could tell me
Jamie

+ Post Reply