thursday TEADAY, 4/03/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

A little diversion topic, do you own a Chinese/Asian pet...of the mythological kind. A Chinese Dragon or a pair of Foo Dogs maybe?

Yes, I have many Chinese pets
7%
Yes, I have at least one Chinese pet
17%
No, but I want a Chinese pet
14%
No, and I don't want one either
19%
No, and what does this have to do with TEA
36%
Other
8%

Total votes: 59

Apr 3rd, '08, 10:53
Scrolling: scrolling

by fencerdenoctum » Apr 3rd, '08, 10:53

I don't have any tea pets that count I think. In my office I have a samurai statue that guards my teaz but thats about it. I would like to have a little Yixing rat though for my tea table because I'm year of the rat in the chinese zodiac.

Not tea yet, but its lookin like a nameless, faceless mini puerh tuo this morning. There will be oolong before class as well.

The Tea Sipping Swordsman,
Fencerdenoctum

Apr 3rd, '08, 11:21

by Victoria » Apr 3rd, '08, 11:21

GalileosDaughter wrote: Speaking of the personal, I'm drinking Keemun Concerto to play up the lapsang souchong note in my scent of the day, Serge Lutens' Mandarine-Mandarin. The overall effect has me looking over my shoulder for a small FBD. :wink:
Hi GD, well I'm probably the only one here that understands your Serge Lutens reference, but I get it. :D I love it when your perfume and tea compliment each other. I'm wearing Montale Ginger Musk today. Not matching but ginger scents are a nice compliment to most tea don't you think?

Now that I am at work - I just opened and am enjoying my first ever 2008 Early Spring release: 2008 Early Spring Zhu-Shan Si-Ji Oolong, Hand-Harvested - from Hou De. A very nice, very fresh, green oolong.

Are you shincha freaks jealous? Yeah, I thought so. :twisted:

Apr 3rd, '08, 11:34

by chrl42 » Apr 3rd, '08, 11:34

I own a English golden retriever, whose golden fur resembles that of brewed high-grade da hong pao with a characteritics of calmness of silver needle, and she sleeps a lot as if for a #7542 before turning into chen nian puerh.

Apr 3rd, '08, 11:56

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 3rd, '08, 11:56

I have a good collection of various dragon things. I've always loved dragons, which made them a general theme of gifts that I have received. I don't have any pictures of them since they are at home, but I know there is at least one Chinese style dragon in the bunch. The only one I have up at school is on one of my four oriental wall scrolls that I use to decorate my room. I wouldn't quite call my dragon collection "pets" and I wouldn't quite classify my two cats and the dog as "dragons" unless they are breathing fire or flying without me knowing it. I did get the dog to try tea at one point though.

This morning I am trying some Organic Monk's Blend. It is a blend of Darjeeling, Assam, Keemun, and Nilgiri black teas. It is decent, given that I haven't really tried a lot of black teas yet.

Apr 3rd, '08, 12:26

by Pentox » Apr 3rd, '08, 12:26

Starting the day off with some Honyama Inaguchi

Apr 3rd, '08, 12:28

by scotty X » Apr 3rd, '08, 12:28

i'm not sure i understand the 'pet' idea, but it sounds like these are an aesthetically pleasing cadre of animal guardians, and you can't have too many of those. the only ones i've got are two dragons intertwined on my tetsubin, unless you count my pi lo chun or long jing as a pets.

i started off with some yunnan imperial and a 'nameless, faceless mini puerh tuo', which has brought me out of the stupor in which i awoke. it seems that today is the day of the dragon, so it's gotta be long jing for my lunch.

Apr 3rd, '08, 12:30

by olivierco » Apr 3rd, '08, 12:30

Pentox wrote:Starting the day off with some Honyama Inaguchi
Is it a sencha?

Now drinking jasmine pearls.

Apr 3rd, '08, 12:32

by Pentox » Apr 3rd, '08, 12:32

olivierco wrote:
Pentox wrote:Starting the day off with some Honyama Inaguchi
Is it a sencha?

Now drinking jasmine pearls.
Yeah, it's a sencha from Lupicia (big surprise huh).

It's good stuff, but feeling a bit mundane recently. I do love cold brewing it though.

Apr 3rd, '08, 13:09

by RussianSoul » Apr 3rd, '08, 13:09

The closest I got to the fire breathing dragons is a live chameleon, who graces us with her green presence. She is about 10 inches long including tail, and while she does not breathe fire, she has an amazing shooting tongue. Watching her eat is like watching Discovery channel, only it's better because you can pet her. She is very tame and loves to climb up your arm and onto your head, where she sits rotating her eyes like some mad hair ornament.

I am not looking to get any dragon toys for my tea enjoyment yet because I am still working on collecting proper teaware for my teas.

Had two cups of Assam Melody in the morning and am now drinking a perfect cup of TKY. Victoria, this is your sample I am still experimenting with, and today I managed to do it just right - beautiful cup!

Apr 3rd, '08, 14:38

by tenuki » Apr 3rd, '08, 14:38

Now I'm getting jacked up on aged oolong and sencha and playing some uber violent game on my PS3.

Tea can be a horrible thing in the wrong hands.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Apr 3rd, '08, 15:08

by Chip » Apr 3rd, '08, 15:08

My mantra tea right now, Fukamushi Superior, is in my cup...the 5th steep is this incredible sweet honey tea water...really nice. Time to think of my next tea.

I love a lot of things Asian...tea, food, culture, and a little mythology. So yes, I have Chinese pets. Chinese Dragons and Foo Dogs in excess.

A pair of 10' Foo Dogs guards either side of the entrance to my Chinese temple that I call home. :wink:

Apr 3rd, '08, 15:21

by insanitylater » Apr 3rd, '08, 15:21

i have a money less money frog (i even lost the replacement coin i got)

on my third cup of darjeeling #22. my 4th and final cup (until i buy more) is steeping now

Apr 3rd, '08, 15:42

by olivierco » Apr 3rd, '08, 15:42

Darjeeling Puttabong S.F.T.G.F.O.P.1 and now a Rooibos to close the day.

Has anyone ordered teaware from Rikucha?
They have very nice looking and tempting items but I would like to have some feedback before buying.

Apr 3rd, '08, 16:32

by daughteroftheKing » Apr 3rd, '08, 16:32

No Chinese pets in my house. But my cocker spaniels are Jasmine and Darjeeling. :)

This morning I finished off the last crumbs of a tin of TKY (tasty anyway), then moved on to Oolong 40 with rosebuds, peppermint, and lavender to drink on ice.
Last edited by daughteroftheKing on Apr 3rd, '08, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 3rd, '08, 16:40

by hop_goblin » Apr 3rd, '08, 16:40

GalileosDaughter wrote:I LOVE this question. The world of tea is so large, encompassing so many different cultural, religious, and personal aspects that there's room for all kinds of questions about TEA.

Speaking of the personal, I'm drinking Keemun Concerto to play up the lapsang souchong note in my scent of the day, Serge Lutens' Mandarine-Mandarin. The overall effect has me looking over my shoulder for a small FBD. :wink:
LOL I am happy someone saw the humor in it! :roll: