Idea for product

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Idea for product

Postby floridahawk » Nov 4th, '05, 12:22

Hey, I dislike drinking/making things hot in plastic. I know I was told that the ingenuiTEA is to expensive to make in glass. But how about some sort of infuser (gold plated) that could be dropped in a mug. I am getting tired of dirtying 2 cups and a strainer when I make a cup of tea. (one to seep, then you have to pour it into the strainer and another cup). I know they exists out there wish adagio would sell. I am very fond of certain cups and perfer ceramic over glass when drinking hot beverages.

Also what is that thing on page 17 of the tea guide? It looks like the person is scooping the tea out of the cup. It looks almost like it is a strainer but not quite. Is there anything that could be made that the tea would stick too when done seeping. Is that possible?
floridahawk

Postby PeteVu » Nov 4th, '05, 12:36

i just bought one of these. it makes tea convenient enough for me to brew up a quick mug several mornings a week.
PeteVu

Postby klemptor » Nov 4th, '05, 12:43

Hawk--

I don't know if you saw my post in TeaChat last night or not. For an interim solution, you might try RoT's disposable teabags and teabag handle. You can buy them as a set.

I use them all the time and they work really well. The handle is plastic but the bags are just paper. You can also buy a nicer handle that is made out of metal (but not, I don't think, from RoT).

RoT also offers a tea strainer that may meet your needs, although this is a new offering of theirs and I've not tried it. It comes in two designs.

Here's a large metal infuser they offer as well. This may be exactly what you're looking for.

Good luck!
klemptor

Postby jay294 » Nov 4th, '05, 13:35

Hey hawk,

When I read what you were saying I first thought of this. http://store.teavana.com/swissitincup.html

I am not a fan of this store, but the beauty is they are in lots of malls and places especially here in florida. Wouldn't reccomend buying tea from them, but for accessories they aren't so bad. If you leave near one, you can go pick it up as well, which eliminates shipping, and gets you back to drinking your tea sooner.

Jay
jay294

Postby jogrebe » Nov 4th, '05, 14:55

If you are looking for a good gold tea infuser, why not consider Swiss Gold tea infusers imported from Switzerland which has been the best thing that I've come across. They come in both "basked style" and traditional but oversized "tea egg" which are big enough to allow for sufficient space for expansion of the leaves during brewing. Check out http://www.swissgold.com for more info on these wonderful examples of the Swiss contribution to tea.

John Grebe
~PS don't let my Swiss Heritage get in the way the, the products are of such excellent quality you don't have to be Swiss to be passionate about them :wink:
jogrebe

Postby jogrebe » Nov 4th, '05, 18:17

True but don't forget about the Swiss Cheese Fondue ...

John Grebe
jogrebe

Postby floridahawk » Nov 5th, '05, 22:40

Thanks everyone for all of your great suggestions! I do have some disposable tea bags (great for brewing in my teapot), and also a Swiss infuser. Thanks jay294 for the tip on teavanna. There was one nearby where I lived. They did have some nice accessories and I do have to agree with you, I did not like the tea that I sampled. Don’t think I will buy tea there. But I did get a Swiss gold infuser and a fancy/arty ceramic cup that came with a ceramic infuser.

Fortunately they are a bit far away from me and I did not care for that tea, because that mall also has one of my favorite type of non-tea stores. That non-tea store is the only one in Tampa and was right around the corner from the Teavanna, and I spent way too much money in it. Ooops best to stay away from that mall.
floridahawk

infuser

Postby Judy » Dec 30th, '05, 13:21

I have a mikado 42 oz glass teapot I got from adagio, and the infuser is just the right size to set down into a mug.

I just put my tea in the infuser, pour a tiny bit of water into the mug (helps keep the infuser from getting blocked) and then set the infuser down into the water. Fill it to the top of the mug, set the lid on to contain the heat, and in a few minutes, my cup is ready. Lift the infuser out gently, and there's one great cup of tea!

Very versatile product, that 42 oz teapot! Keep it up adagio!

BTW - I just ordered the ingenuiTEA after reading all the posts about it - it will be my travel companion! That way I won't be carrying a glass infuser in my bags.
Judy

Instant Messenger

Permissions