FRIDAY>>>TEADAY, 4/04/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

FRIDAY, a day to get to know each other a little, do you have any pets...and any with TeaNames?

Yes, I have pet(s) and at least one with a TeaName
3%
Yes, I have pet(s)
76%
No, I do not have pet(s) at this time, but hope to
7%
No, I do not have pets
12%
Other
2%

Total votes: 58

Apr 4th, '08, 04:14
Scrolling: scrolling

FRIDAY>>>TEADAY, 4/04/08

by Chip » Apr 4th, '08, 04:14

Yikes, my Poll idea yesterday did not get a very good approval rating based on the vote distribution. If today's does not do any better, I may get fired...but that would imply that I actually got paid to do this. :wink:

Whew...it is Friday...gimme massive quantities of TEA. I hope everyone will join me in many cups of TEA. So, welcome once again to TeaDay, where all are welcome. Please get a cup of tea, and come share what is in your cup...or was. Stop by often and give us updates. Of course, make sure you see what everyone else is sipping as well...almost as fun as drinking tea.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is about getting to know each other a little bit more...hey, it is Friday, have some tea and share with us. More TeaPolls starting tomorrow.

Do you have a pet or pets...any with Tea Names??? Please share whatever you feel comfortable sharing with us.

I hope to see lots of you on TeaDay!!!
Last edited by Chip on Apr 4th, '08, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 4th, '08, 04:17

by tenuki » Apr 4th, '08, 04:17

FP

What is this a social networking site now? Are you gonna ask me what my sign is next?

Cats rule!
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Apr 4th, '08, 04:26

by omegapd » Apr 4th, '08, 04:26

Dogs for me.

No pets at this time, though. I've had a few over the last 12 years or so. Most recently was a beagle that I wound up giving away to a friend. With me working nights and him barking constantly all day, it didn't jive.

Best pet I ever had was an old "junkyard" dog named Duke. He was a mix of Sheppard and Lab and was extremely smart. Like most dogs of those breeds, hip problems got him in the end and he got to where he couldn't walk at about 11 years old and we had to put him down. He ruined me for any other pet, I think...

EW

Apr 4th, '08, 04:31

by Chip » Apr 4th, '08, 04:31

tenuki wrote:FP

What is this a social networking site now? Are you gonna ask me what my sign is next?

Cats rule!
Well, we know you are a Dragon already... :wink: Funny you asked that...I actually considered asking birth months. You will know I am desperate for poll topics if I ask for signs or birth months. :lol:

Cats currently rule the roost here. The newest addition to the "indoor" cat family is Wulong (yeah, purposely went with the alternate spelling). He(?) was within an hour or less of death, abandoned by his "outdoor" mom at birth. Now he is almost a month old and finally went to the bathroom on his own for the first time yesterday. He just woke up dememding FOOD NOW and interupted my posting for a bit. His claws are like tiny needles...or razor blades...as I look at my bleeding finger.

My fav pet was a Border Collie Humane Society rescue...18+ years...talk about being a part of the family and she was definitely smarter than me. .

Apr 4th, '08, 06:13

by olivierco » Apr 4th, '08, 06:13

No pets for me.

This morning, keemun for breakfast. A long day of work with no tea until 6PM, but vacations begin tonight.

Apr 4th, '08, 07:11

by Proinsias » Apr 4th, '08, 07:11

A bearded dragon named Bert

Only one cat these days named Cleo

A rabbit named Hamish

A gerbil named Sophie after Sophie Ellis-Bextor, not my choice.

Will post pics later if I get the chance.

Apr 4th, '08, 08:52

by CynTEAa » Apr 4th, '08, 08:52

Happy Friday every one!

Let's see there's my 11 year old crazy calico kitteh, and her big little brother who is a black Lab. Today is the doggie's birthday - he's three. He will always be a puppy to me. Also I cannot forget my pet avocado tree, Ned. He's only 2, raised from seed. :)

Yunnan Gold this morning, of course. Need more tea right away on this rainy April morning....

Apr 4th, '08, 09:02

by Beanbean » Apr 4th, '08, 09:02

I have a very sweet 13 year old Black Lab named Maggie. I've never had a tea called "Maggie".

This morning I have Irish Breakfast in my cup but I got my first shipment of Adagio samples yesterday and I have the day off **woohoo!** so I am going to be trying a few more. I Irish Breakfast is good. I'm still working on tea/water ratios with this new tea so I'm not yet convinced this will replace my regular morning Assam.

Apr 4th, '08, 09:03

by augie » Apr 4th, '08, 09:03

tenuki wrote:FP

Cats rule!
Are we talking about REAL live pets now? Not those stone thingies that sit on your tea tray watching you drink? I'll have to post the pic of the hound trying to sleep off her skittle binge.

I hate cats! Shredded furniture, urine-soaked carpet, the sound of that evil beast hiking up a furball . . . I still have nightmares. . .

omegapd: I'll bet he was a good frisbe fetcher!!!

Apr 4th, '08, 09:21

by Victoria » Apr 4th, '08, 09:21

I have one cat now. He has a baseball name - Rudi.

In my cup this morning - Yunnan Gold.

So fun reading about people's pets!
Have a good day eveyone!

Apr 4th, '08, 09:26

by omegapd » Apr 4th, '08, 09:26

augie wrote:
omegapd: I'll bet he was a good frisbe fetcher!!!
Nah, look at the gut on him. :lol: (he took after me)

EW

Apr 4th, '08, 09:35

by RussianSoul » Apr 4th, '08, 09:35

Victoria wrote:I have one cat now. He has a baseball name - Rudi.
Our chameleon has a baseball name too - Wrigley! We also have a black cat called Kissicca. I agree with Tenuki - cats rule! I love dogs too, but my daughter is allergic.

Assam Mangalam FTGFOP1 (a sample from Gschwendner) is in my cup. It is a truly wonderful tea, bright and smooth. I will have to buy some more.

Apr 4th, '08, 10:18

by TimeforTea » Apr 4th, '08, 10:18

What a great topic!!! :D

First, I'll discuss tea. This morning, I had white blueberry in my cup. I am looking forward to brewing some more of that jasmine tea I had yesterday. Now Jasmine would be a good pet name...

Currently, we have 2 senior greyhounds we adopted, named Kyle and Poppy. Of course I've often been tempted to see if they'd actually drink tea. :lol:

Here is a link to a photo from 2 weeks ago. Poppy's the one missing a leg. :(

http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ppyiy0.jpg

(Can someone let me know how to attach a photo to a post?)

Apr 4th, '08, 11:09

by Sam. » Apr 4th, '08, 11:09

I have no pets at school (I'd like a fish or something next year) but at home I have four cats and a chihuahua. In the past I've had three other dogs, one of which was a retired racing greyhound, Teasweetie! He was a big winner but then he fell during a race, broke his leg, and had to be retired. They're such calm and gentle dogs for their size I found. Unfortunately, none of my animals have really had tea-names. One of the cats is named Chip, after the teacup on Beauty & the Beast.. does that count?

Starting the day with some grapefruit oolong.

Apr 4th, '08, 11:15

by Ron Gilmour » Apr 4th, '08, 11:15

I have a beautiful 14-year old orange tabby named Darwin. I was a very enthusiastic biology grad student when I got him.

This morning I'm drinking Twinings Prince of Wales.