FRIDAY>>>TEADAY, 4/04/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

FRIDAY, a day to get to know each other a little, do you have any pets...and any with TeaNames?

Yes, I have pet(s) and at least one with a TeaName
3%
Yes, I have pet(s)
76%
No, I do not have pet(s) at this time, but hope to
7%
No, I do not have pets
12%
Other
2%

Total votes: 58

Apr 4th, '08, 11:17

by TimeforTea » Apr 4th, '08, 11:17

scarrell wrote: In the past I've had three other dogs, one of which was a retired racing greyhound, Teasweetie! He was a big winner but then he fell during a race, broke his leg, and had to be retired. They're such calm and gentle dogs for their size I found.
Cool coincidence!!

Our first 2 greyhounds were big winners, too (which usually means more health problems). One broke her hock and was retired. After running more than 100 races, the poor thing had awful arthritis. The other just slowed down. Yes, they really do have wonderful temperments!

Enjoy your grapefruit oolong!

Apr 4th, '08, 11:20

by TimeforTea » Apr 4th, '08, 11:20

omegapd wrote: Best pet I ever had was an old "junkyard" dog named Duke. He was a mix of Sheppard and Lab and was extremely smart.
EW
Aw, Duke looks like a sweetie. How nice of you to give him a home.

Apr 4th, '08, 11:20

by daughteroftheKing » Apr 4th, '08, 11:20

First cup this morning was Darjeeling 22 with Mango Melange added in. The fruit made it sweet and it was full of caffeine. Yeehaw! Haven't decided what to make yet here at work.

As mentioned in other posts, I had a sweet beautiful cocker spaniel from the Humane Society named Jasmine. Ok, she had that name already and I'm sure the previous owners named her for the princess in that Aladdin movie, but the name worked for me. She's was was my baby girl for nearly 13 years until last December. A little over a year ago I adopted another sweet cocker from an area rescue, whom I named Darjeeling. Hey, I figured if Ilya (Adagio's tech guru) could name his daughter Sencha, I could name my dog after my favorite tea, too.

Life doesn't get much better than sipping on a cup of tea with a sweet brown-eyed dog sleeping on your lap.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Apr 4th, '08, 11:24

by daughteroftheKing » Apr 4th, '08, 11:24

Ok, looking at the poll, I'm the ONLY weirdo to name her pets for her favorite teas??? How embarrassing. Well, years ago I decided that since I was going to be single, I'd go ahead and play the role of the fun maiden aunt, and now evidently with a few eccentricities gathered along the way. :lol:

Apr 4th, '08, 11:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Apr 4th, '08, 11:28

scarrell wrote:Unfortunately, none of my animals have really had tea-names. One of the cats is named Chip, after the teacup on Beauty & the Beast.. does that count?
Yep!

TWO TEA NAMES!! Yay!!! DotK, you may big the big winner in today's sweepstakes event!! Publisher's Clearing House says please check your mail box for further details!!

At work now - 2007 Li Shan Da Yu Ling in my cup.

Apr 4th, '08, 11:36

by jogrebe » Apr 4th, '08, 11:36

I have a pair of Russian Tortoises and a few other turtles as my pets. Below are my Russian, the male is on the left and the female is on the right. As to names I was slow to coming up ones and others started calling them Mr. and Mrs. Tortoise and those names stuck.

Apr 4th, '08, 11:40

by daughteroftheKing » Apr 4th, '08, 11:40

Victoria wrote:TWO TEA NAMES!! Yay!!! DotK, you may big the big winner in today's sweepstakes event!! Publisher's Clearing House says please check your mail box for further details!!
Waiting for Ed McMahon to knock on my door!

Apr 4th, '08, 11:49

by henley » Apr 4th, '08, 11:49

We have a miniature doberman (min-pin) that showed up at our store on Cmas Eve this past year. We don't know if she ran away or was abandoned but she clearly had belonged to someone because her tail & ears have been clipped & she's house trained. She mainly stays outside, though. Because of her showing up at our store (Little Bit of Everything*) & her size (she weighs 4 lbs), we named her "Little Bit". Hubby & I don't care for small dogs but she was so pitiful we had to take her in plus our kids are crazy about her.

In the pot w/bfast this morning was raspberry vanilla at dear daughter's request. Not one of my favorites but it was okay. I can always fix something else tonight when she's asleep. :wink:

*Sorry to have mentioned our store by name but it's part of the story.

Apr 4th, '08, 12:01

by horsencl » Apr 4th, '08, 12:01

This morning I'm having some Janam Gopaldhara green tea with a pinch of rose petals added to it. I have two cats (Angel and Outta) two catfish (Cori 1 and Cori 2) and nine betta fish. (Ruby, Polly, Aphaea, Astraea, Aphrodite, Bazooka, Aurora, Aquarius and Betsy).

Apr 4th, '08, 12:23

by Pentox » Apr 4th, '08, 12:23

No pets for me, the whole apt living and that bit.

Today's cup so far more Honyama Inaguchi.

Apr 4th, '08, 12:38

by olivierco » Apr 4th, '08, 12:38

Some Darjeeling Puttabong just now: the last of my eight 100 gr packages I bought from 2007 harvest. I will have to order a little more packages this year.

Apr 4th, '08, 12:41

by Pentox » Apr 4th, '08, 12:41

olivierco wrote:Some Darjeeling Puttabong just now: the last of my eight 100 gr packages I bought from 2007 harvest. I will have to order a little more packages this year.
What's your estate of preference for Darjeelings? I've been tempted to try castleton, but it seems so much pricier than the others. I've had Badamtam and Springside so far.

Apr 4th, '08, 12:49

by Chip » Apr 4th, '08, 12:49

scarrell wrote:Unfortunately, none of my animals have really had tea-names. One of the cats is named Chip, after the teacup on Beauty & the Beast.. does that count?
Yeah, you all should name your next pet after your fav Mod, but then you would be wearing the name Mary out. :lol:

Fukamushi sencha replacement bag from Rishi...interesting story. I will let you know if this is the real McCoy this time around.

Apr 4th, '08, 12:50

by xine » Apr 4th, '08, 12:50

golden monkey today...and to be followed with maybe a TKY and then a fruity herbal since I'm feelin' for one today....have a late night of baking to do.

no pets for xine here; allergic to dogs and cats.

Apr 4th, '08, 12:57

by Chip » Apr 4th, '08, 12:57

henley wrote:We have a miniature doberman (min-pin) that showed up at our store on Cmas Eve this past year. We don't know if she ran away or was abandoned but she clearly had belonged to someone because her tail & ears have been clipped & she's house trained. She mainly stays outside, though. Because of her showing up at our store (Little Bit of Everything*) & her size (she weighs 4 lbs), we named her "Little Bit". Hubby & I don't care for small dogs but she was so pitiful we had to take her in plus our kids are crazy about her.
That is funny, Wulong was not the first newborn outside kitty rescued here. Little Bit was rescued 2 summers ago...I never thought he would grow and called him the most appropriate name possible...I thought. It took forever for him to round the corner...but he is no little bit anymore, but the most agreeable and friendly feline I have ever seen...except he will only eat canned salmon and crunchy cat treats...what a life.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!