SATURDAZE, TeaDaze, 4/05/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Dream vacation/journey, would it include TEA?

Yes, a trip to high mountain Chinese tea plantations would be a dream come true
12%
Yes, a trip to nose bleed height Taiwan oolong plantations would be a trip of a lifetime
8%
Yes, Take me to tea plantations of Japan as a focal point of my dream trip
24%
Yes, take me to the Himalayas to see Darjeeling plantations PLEEZE
4%
Yes, Assam is my dream destination
No votes
Eh, I hear there is a new plantation in Hawaii...I would rather go there
8%
No, just give me tea bags aboard a luxery cruise ship
2%
No, tea would not be a focus of my dream vacation
24%
Other
16%

Total votes: 49

Apr 5th, '08, 03:08
Scrolling: scrolling

SATURDAZE, TeaDaze, 4/05/08

by Chip » Apr 5th, '08, 03:08

Wow, TeaChatting and pets seemed to mix yesterday. 80% of responders said yes to owning a pet. Does that sound higher than the overall population to you? It does to me.

Welcome to Saturday on TeaDay!!! Drink up, then share what's in your cup. So, stop by often or whenever you can and tell us what teas you are drinking today. Be sure to see what everyone else is drinking as well! Remember, everyone is welcome to TeaDay, so join in the fun.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is about your dream vacation/journey. Would it include something tea...possibly??? The poll is somewhat limited in its scope. But maybe you have something in mind that was not a poll option. Please feel free to share with everyone...even if it is not TEA focused!

I really am looking forward to your responses on TeaDay...have a great TeaDay!

Apr 5th, '08, 03:14

by omegapd » Apr 5th, '08, 03:14

Good question.

I chose other. I'm going to plan a day trip- hopefully this summer- to the Charleston Tea Gardens just to see what it's all about.

In my fantasy world, it would be a trip to India.

Apr 5th, '08, 05:24

by Trey Winston » Apr 5th, '08, 05:24

Japan is one of my dream destinations, with or without a visit to a tea plantation.

If I went to China, though, I'm pretty sure I would discover a tiny, remote village high up in the mountains where they made the most delicious white tea ever, and they would make me their chief and I would get first pick from the harvest and they would serve me the first tea of the season and wait anxiously for my approval as I taste it, erupting in exuberant celebrations when I finally give a measured nod. Or did I dream that once?

Apr 5th, '08, 07:44

by augie » Apr 5th, '08, 07:44

I love tea, but not that much! If money were no concern, I would go somewhere i could see penguins.

The best place, IMO, to vacation is San Antonio TX. "J" & I have taken 3 vacations there and come back with $$ we didn't spend every time. You could spend 2 full weeks in S.A. and not run out of things to do. Take tea along with you.

Apr 5th, '08, 08:13

by chrl42 » Apr 5th, '08, 08:13

If I went to China, though, I'm pretty sure I would discover a tiny, remote village high up in the mountains where they made the most delicious white tea ever, and they would make me their chief and I would get first pick from the harvest and they would serve me the first tea of the season and wait anxiously for my approval as I taste it, erupting in exuberant celebrations when I finally give a measured nod. Or did I dream that once?
You forgot China is a communist country where everyone's treated the same :roll:

Apr 5th, '08, 08:16

by olivierco » Apr 5th, '08, 08:16

As long as I have good tea to drink, I won't base my vacations on tea.
If I had to choose, vacations in Iceland would be my first choice. Some years ago, I spent two weeks travelling around Iceland and apprecited it very much.
No tea gardens here.

This morning Yunnan golden tips and a darjeling to begin the afternoon

Apr 5th, '08, 08:23

by Beanbean » Apr 5th, '08, 08:23

I will bring good tea and seek out tea rooms but there are other places on my "list" to visit before I get to India, Japan, China and/or Taiwan. I would love to visit all of those place but I have to get to Australia and Machu Pichu first. :)

I am setting up for a neighborhood yardsale this morning so I'll be drinking a pot or two of hearty Ceylon by 9am local time.

Apr 5th, '08, 08:26

by Trey Winston » Apr 5th, '08, 08:26

chrl42 wrote:
You forgot China is a communist country where everyone's treated the same :roll:
Yeah, right :lol:

Apr 5th, '08, 08:56

by TimeforTea » Apr 5th, '08, 08:56

My dream vacation would be somewhere in Europe...perhaps Italy. Wherever I did go, I would be sure to pack tea along with me. That being said, I choose other. I'm still too new to tea to say that it would be part of my dream vacation. However, if I were to include tea as part of my dream vacation, I would definitely take a trip to China or Japan.

This morning I am drinking a sample of champagne oolong. It's a darker oolong than the ones I have tried. It has a very deep flavor without any bitterness.

Apr 5th, '08, 09:25

by henley » Apr 5th, '08, 09:25

omegapd wrote:I'm going to plan a day trip- hopefully this summer- to the Charleston Tea Gardens just to see what it's all about.
We're planning on going there, too. Charleston is one of our favorite cities anyway (we stay at the beach on Isle of Palms) so the tea plantation is definitely on the list of things to do next time we're there. If you go before we do, let me know how it is.

My personal dream vacation would be a day alone curled up in a comfy chair w/a good book, my journal & lots of tea. No kids, no housework, no interruptions--just peace & quiet. Location really doesn't matter. An ocean or lake would be nice but not required. Hubby can come, too, but only if he brings his own book & stays quiet.

Any place we go I usually pack my tea paraphernalia so I can enjoy tea. Off to make bfast & stare at the tea drawer.

Apr 5th, '08, 09:36

by witches brew » Apr 5th, '08, 09:36

Well, Japan is on my list of dream vacations, and I certainly would make room for some tea related activities.

My first interest in going there is to see the gardens and Shinto shrines. If I'm passing a tea plantation, I would stop out of curiosity, just as I take an obligatory look at the vines on vineyard tours. Assuming that I'm traveling with the SilverLion, I'm sure he would like to visit a few Buddhist monasteries and probably drink tea there.

I would like to attend a more formal tea ceremony. Actually I can do the latter at home because there is a branch of the Urasenke school in NYC.

Let's not forget the shopping. I admire Japanese pottery very much, and of course would want to bring back some lovely pieces, including teaware.

That's quite a bit of tea in a vacation that isn't really about tea.

Apr 5th, '08, 11:29

by auggy » Apr 5th, '08, 11:29

I chose other - Japan is my dream vacation whether or not tea is involved but on my next trip there it would be awesome to get a little tea-related sightseeing in. Though I wouldn't want the trip devoted purely to tea because there are so many things to see and do there that aren't tea related. But to get the tea bits in, I'd have to focus my visit to the southern bits of Japan and since I lived in the north, it is pretty much required that I go back there on any trip. So I guess my dream trip would be a long trip where I could visit friends in the north and tea in the south. And maybe I could chase the cherry blossoms. Now that would be cool.

This morning's tea is a cherry and rose green I got as a freebie but it is way too cherry for me. Tastes medicinal. Yuck. I'll have to root around in my pantry to see what I can have that will take that cherry taste out of my mouth.

Apr 5th, '08, 11:40

by Ron Gilmour » Apr 5th, '08, 11:40

As much as I love tea, there are other enthusiasms that would probably dominate my travel plans. I'd like to visit the UK (for my love of Victorian literature), Italy (for my love of art), and Thailand (to visit Buddhist monasteries).

This morning I'm drinking some Malty Assam from Tao of Tea. A friend ordered this and insisted that I try some. I have an embarrassing confession, though. As much as I love Assams, they sort of all taste the same to me. I can't tell much difference between this tea and Twinings Irish Breakfast. Are there subtleties that I'm missing?

Apr 5th, '08, 12:03

by Ladytiger » Apr 5th, '08, 12:03

Nope, no tea in my dream vacation okay maybe a little bit because it is England, but it would be a more archeology focus.

Apr 5th, '08, 12:20
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Apr 5th, '08, 12:20

No, tea would not be a focus of my dream vacation.

This morning's brew is my Adagio Blend with a bit of Yunnan Gold mixed in.

Have a nice Saturday everyone!