Sunnyday, TeaDay, 4/06/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Bamboo Forest wants to know, where is your favorite place to enjoy TEA?

Outside, in the garden
14%
In the car
No votes
In my kitchen with all my teawares close at hand
2%
Near my computer
11%
In a comfy chair in my home, yet away from it all
30%
In my dorm room...or college apartment
2%
At my desk
4%
In the "Bamboo Forest"
2%
The physical location is not so important, it is the state of mind...where my mind is...that is important
30%
Other
5%

Total votes: 56

Apr 6th, '08, 04:53
Scrolling: scrolling

Sunnyday, TeaDay, 4/06/08

by Chip » Apr 6th, '08, 04:53

Yesterday's Poll on the dream vacation...tea or not...was pretty split. While I do want to have a tea journey, the thought of it is a bit intimidating.

Welcome to TeaDay, since it is Sunday, grab a pot of your fav tea and share it with all of us. It is a great way to introduce yourself and learn about others as well. So, Stop by throughout the day and share with us. While you are here, remember to see what is in other TraChatters' cups as well...that is half the fun after all...

Today's TeaPoll was mentioned in passing to me by Bamboo Forest.

So, where is your favorite place to enjoy your TEA? I could not mention everywhere in the poll, but you can share with us right here...maybe you can enlighten us with a new special place to enjoy tea.

I am looking forward to reading about your special place...and what is in your cup!

Apr 6th, '08, 05:01

by omegapd » Apr 6th, '08, 05:01

Favorite place is the kitchen table. During the work week, I get home in the early morning, brew up a small Yixing pot and thumb through the newspaper while I enjoy a couple of cups of tea. On Sundays, the family has a little tradition of getting Chinese take-out for lunch, and the wife and I will usually drink a few cups with our meal.

This morning is some Red Rose- my usual "at work" tea.

EW

Apr 6th, '08, 05:09

by chrl42 » Apr 6th, '08, 05:09

Favorite place would be a peak of Huangshan around 6 a.m surrounded by full of mist looking over passing clouds after stratching some Tai Chi, with a cup of top-quality Wun Yu.

Apr 6th, '08, 05:17

by Trioxin » Apr 6th, '08, 05:17

As long as I'm not working, I'm in a good place.

Currently drinking 2006 Ancient Tree Yinhao Bai Zhen Jin Lian

Currently wearing Ava Luxe - Black Tea edp

Apr 6th, '08, 05:39

by Trey Winston » Apr 6th, '08, 05:39

My favorite place is in the garden on a warm summer morning, but usually I'm inside in front of my computer with my Silver Needle within reaching distance.

Apr 6th, '08, 05:49

by tenuki » Apr 6th, '08, 05:49

Love having tea in my garden.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Apr 6th, '08, 08:27

by henley » Apr 6th, '08, 08:27

I like to enjoy my tea in a big comfy chair or relaxing on the sofa. This morning's tea is oolong #8. Will be sad to see the sample tin empty.:( Will have to drink more of my other teas before I order again.

Last night hubby took me to my favorite tea room for dessert & tea. We shared a pot of lapsang souchong. That was the first time trying this tea. Thankfully it tastes better than it smells--very smokey. Don't know that I would order it again but it was a good experience.

Apr 6th, '08, 08:51

by olivierco » Apr 6th, '08, 08:51

No favorite place for me to have tea.

This morning and after lunch darjeeling (not at home but my sister knows that I like tea and has always some good quality tea for me).
Now having Jasmine pearls.

Edit: typo
Last edited by olivierco on Apr 6th, '08, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 6th, '08, 09:01

by Ron Gilmour » Apr 6th, '08, 09:01

I drink a lot of tea sitting in an easy chair in my apartment. I also drink a lot of tea at my desk at work.

This morning I'm drinking a mix of some mango-flavored tea from a local vender and Harney & Sons organic Assam. I don't normally do flavored teas, but this stuff isn't half bad if you cut it with some unflavored tea.

Apr 6th, '08, 09:27

by Beanbean » Apr 6th, '08, 09:27

I drink about 90% of my tea sitting in my comfy chair (nice wide arms on which to balance a big mug of tea) while reading, working on my laptop or chatting with my husband or son. :)

This morning I'm enjoying Yunnan Gold. I'm going to try some new oolongs later in the day.

Apr 6th, '08, 09:29

by witches brew » Apr 6th, '08, 09:29

Sipping tea in the garden or on the terrace is a delight. We just bought a new table and chairs for the terrace yesterday. Perfect for tea.

Even more perfect: the little tea house on the banks of Paradise (any Smith alumnae here who know exactly what I am describing?)

This morning I am drinking the last of the hibiscus iced tea, even though the weather has turned cool and damp. I'll brew a pot of something later.

Apr 6th, '08, 10:24

by GalileosDaughter » Apr 6th, '08, 10:24

Anywhere, anytime is good for tea. I prefer to have a nice cup snuggled up on the couch with a good book, but most days it's at the kitchen table while I do housework or even in the car when I run errands. State of mind is key.

Cool, dark and rainy here. I'm drinking a nice bold Assam Melody to get me going.

Wearing L'Artisan Vanilia. Trioxin, you smell good!!! You've inspired me to put on some Ava Luxe Red Tara this evening. :)

Apr 6th, '08, 10:58

by Ed » Apr 6th, '08, 10:58

Today's TeaPoll was mentioned in passing to me by Bamboo Forest.
Bamboo passed away whilst thinking of today's poll question? :cry:

Say it ain't so!

Apr 6th, '08, 11:10

by Sam. » Apr 6th, '08, 11:10

I always drink my tea in my college apartment or at a friend's, but this summer I expect lots of tea-drinking in lounge chairs with a good book to read. I read a lot during the summer but don't get as much time to when I'm at school.

Apr 6th, '08, 11:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Apr 6th, '08, 11:27

Trioxin wrote:Currently wearing Ava Luxe - Black Tea edp
GalileosDaughter wrote:Wearing L'Artisan Vanilia. Trioxin, you smell good!!! You've inspired me to put on some Ava Luxe Red Tara this evening. :)
Now how can I resist but to wear a tea fragrance and join in? I wore this yesterday and it was just lovely, so again today: L'Erbolario Te Verde.

This morning in my cup: Chinese High Mountain Green.

Have a nice day everyone!