Looking for some help

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Apr 8th, '08, 22:29

Looking for some help

by kristinafh » Apr 8th, '08, 22:29

I'm not a coffee drinker - my beverage of choice is either water or diet coke.

I've been thinking about getting into tea however, some of my past experiences with tea have been not so good. Mind you, this involved Lipton tea and tea bags, so take that for what it's worth!

I'm looking for a beginner's type of tea. One that won't gross me out or turn me off. I eventually want to make my way up to things like Green Tea (looking to supplement my 41 year old body and health) Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks, Kristina

Apr 8th, '08, 22:40
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 8th, '08, 22:40

Kristin,

Hi and welcome to TeaChat, Kristina! That is good news and I hope we can help. I am sure there are teas that you will enjoy right away, but your tastes might evolve as with most of us. There are so many teas to try and experiment with...but I hope we do not overwhelm you right away.

Most tea drinkers seem to start with black teas...adagio has some good samplers. I recommend giving them a try. A few members went right to oolong teas, usually lighter than blacks. Adagio also has oolong samplers.

Those are great places to start for a nice variety that will help you discover your path.

Best of luck to you...I hope you visit us often. Once you try some, visit us in the TeaDay section to share with us your new tea experiences.

Apr 9th, '08, 00:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Apr 9th, '08, 00:14

Hi and welcome! You might want to try some oolongs. They fall mid way between black and greens and are very delicious! Adagio's Oolong Sampler would be a good place to start. There are many reviews on Adagio's site, these can be very helpful, along with the tea rating system.

Good luck, and welcome!

Apr 9th, '08, 00:38

by olivierco » Apr 9th, '08, 00:38

Welcome!
Adagio's samplers are indeed a good way to start with tea.
You could try Yunnan gold, Keemun, Jasmine pearls for example

Apr 9th, '08, 03:22

by Trey Winston » Apr 9th, '08, 03:22

Welcome :D

Why not try out some white tea? It's very mild and healthy.
Trey

Apr 9th, '08, 05:10

Thanks everyone!

by kristinafh » Apr 9th, '08, 05:10

For the advice/tips. I will go ahead and place an order. Stay tuned on how it all works out :)

+ Post Reply