wEdnEsdAy tEAdAy 4/09/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Music and TEA, are they perfect together for you?

Yes, I listen to music while drinking tea as much as possible
15%
Yes, I often listen to music and enjoy my tea
24%
Yes, I sometimes listen to music while sipping tea
27%
No, but it sounds like a great idea
7%
No, I do not listen to music while enjoying me tea
13%
Nope, I do not want music playing period...while I enjoy my quiet moments with tea
7%
Other
7%

Total votes: 55

Apr 9th, '08, 18:40

by augie » Apr 9th, '08, 18:40

I'll listen to anything but country! I don't make it a habit of tuning into music to drink tea, happens to be in the background. I can't stand silence.

Apr 9th, '08, 18:55

by tenuki » Apr 9th, '08, 18:55

First tea of the day at 3:55pm, gyokuro.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Apr 9th, '08, 19:01

by Pentox » Apr 9th, '08, 19:01

After the Gyo this morning I switched over to some Yunnan gold from Teance.

Apr 9th, '08, 19:33

by henley » Apr 9th, '08, 19:33

Chip wrote:I need a TeaMusic DJ :idea:
This would go great w/my TeaFairy that makes tea for me when I don't have time!

I pretty much like all types of music except country or bluegrass. My favorite is classic rock. Isn't that a cute mental picture...me sipping tea in a fancy schmancy English cup & saucer while listening to the Eagles, Lynard Skynard & Boston? I don't specifically put on music while I'm drinking tea but it's usually on anyway unless the kids are watching Sesame Street & etc.

Today's tea experience was unusual. Chocolate mint tea used to be one of my favorites but this morning it just didn't thrill me like it used to. Will try it a couple of more times before I give up on it, though.

Apr 9th, '08, 20:15
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 9th, '08, 20:15

henley wrote:
Chip wrote:I need a TeaMusic DJ :idea:
This would go great w/my TeaFairy that makes tea for me when I don't have time!
...a TeaFairy TeaMusic DJ...that would only play the right music for the right tea...

Well, I would brew the tea if you do the music!

Kabusecha shade grown Guricha...really interesting guri. Has a bit of a toasty note. I did not notice that before. Thanx again to Pentox for this one.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 9th, '08, 21:54

by Katrina » Apr 9th, '08, 21:54

Must admit that I'm an NPR junkie here. I love music, but find that I generally put NPR on first...So, that's what's usually on when I'm drinking tea. (Either that or my son's Mr. Rogers CD.)

Today's tea was an Assam from Mark T. Wendell. Nice basic tea. This company has consistently good offerings IMHO.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Apr 9th, '08, 22:51

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 9th, '08, 22:51

Casablanca Twist with a dab of honey makes an awesome iced tea. It reminds me of the flavor of the fresh spearmint that grows in my garden during the summer.

Right now is Blood Orange Rooibos while listening to Keiko Matsui, a Japanese jazz keyboardist.

Apr 9th, '08, 23:20

by greenisgood » Apr 9th, '08, 23:20

I usually don't listen to music while drinking tea. I tend to get really into music to the point where its an actual activity (except for when driving) and with good tea it would just be sensory overload, I couldn't concentrate on both. Although I do have good memories of drinking lots of good ceylon with vanilla when I used to go to the late night jazz shows with friends.

All I had today was some marginal teabag jasmine at work (cause its free, and up to a point, tea is tea), but now I'm having some Sencha Shouike-no-o from Ippodo for which I just discovered the merry medium amount of leaf and time, it's really good.

Apr 9th, '08, 23:39

by insanitylater » Apr 9th, '08, 23:39

the pu was really good but i don't think i will touch it again until i get the gaiwan i ordered tonight

also picked up the server red blossom sells that i believe most of you have and a tea strainer since it was only $2 and it could come in handy

i ended my night with 2 cups of blueberry rooibos :D

Apr 10th, '08, 00:01

by charizzi » Apr 10th, '08, 00:01

I usually listen to music when I drink my tea. Right now I'm ending the night with Rooibos Vanilla. *yum* and listening to some Incubus. Goodnight!

Apr 10th, '08, 01:54
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Apr 10th, '08, 01:54

I sometimes listen to music while drinking tea, but not always. Tea and music are okay together, but I don't make it a habit of thinking. I will put on music and drink tea.

Today, I started with Golden monkey. Then, I had some vanilla and cinnamon tea. Tonight I am having hot chocolate.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.

Apr 10th, '08, 07:01

by olivierco » Apr 10th, '08, 07:01

Pentox wrote:
olivierco wrote: Now some Darjeeling Puttabong S.F.T.G.F.O.P.1 from 2007 harvest. No quality 2008 harvest in my usual tea stores for the time being.
Ooooo I haven't tried anything that's of SFTGFOP1 grade yet. I bet it makes a delightful cup of darjeeling though.
S.F.T.G.F.O.P.1 is not always the guarantee of a very good tea, but this Puttabong sure is very nice although it is not the best of the 2007 harvest Darjeeling I had. But it is the last 2007 Darjeeling I have left.

Apr 10th, '08, 10:40

by bambooforest » Apr 10th, '08, 10:40

I quite enjoy sipping tea while some music is going. I usually always listen to instrumental music anyways, but with tea I think it goes particularly well.

I can't imagine listening to rock or something of the like while I sip my precious tea leaf.

Apr 10th, '08, 17:42

by Michael_C » Apr 10th, '08, 17:42

I've been lately playing with my teacup next to me. For the last two nights it's been 'Estudio sin Luz' and Ponce's 'Prelude no. 1 in C# minor', but I will start tonight to finish (finally) some pieces of very extended, very confined post minimalism, gentle and angular. I would like to finish an album of such late 20th Century music, but only have about 35 minutes worth right now.

Apr 10th, '08, 18:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Apr 10th, '08, 18:50

Michael_C wrote:I've been lately playing with my teacup next to me.
Guitar, I gather. Any YouTube posts?