Lotus tea?

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Lotus tea?

Postby mmsq3 » Apr 9th, '08, 17:50

I searched for this on the site, and it came up with a result, but then couldn't find the product. I don't know if it's discontinued, or never existed; but I do love my lotus tea and would love to find it in loose leaf as opposed to the teabags that are hard enough to come by.
mmsq3

Postby Mary R » Apr 9th, '08, 23:56

Tao of Tea sells a loose leaf Vietnamese green tea that has been scented "directly from the stamens of fresh lotus blossoms." I've been quite interested in trying it myself. It's called Lotus Ancien.
Mary R

Postby mmsq3 » Apr 11th, '08, 00:54

Oh, that looks great! Thanks!

but $19 for 3oz!! Yikes! Perhaps I'll save up for a special occasion and treat myself, though.
mmsq3

Postby Eastree » Apr 11th, '08, 01:17

Let's see ... $19 for 3oz. Three ounces is ~90grams. Taking a direct approach of assumption, 3g per 'cup' of tea. Assume three steeps out of it, so 18oz of tea, about what most people get in a bottle of soda. Three grams makes thirty sessions with this tea. So ... $19 (shipping costs aside ... I know, I know) comes to $0.63 per cup. Compared to $1.25 in a vending machine for the soda, or $1.19 (iirc, the last time I bought one) individually at a store.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that it's wrong to not want to pay that much. It's just sometimes we don't realize just how little tea can cost, even for some more expensive ones.
Eastree

Postby mmsq3 » Apr 11th, '08, 04:11

Hmm... I see your point.

Maybe I'll treat myself sooner rather than later! :)

...still have to procure a spare $20, but I might go for something like this first...
http://www.amazon.com/Escali-PR120U-Lib ... 25&sr=1-91

a straight teaspoon is nice, but not the best thing...
mmsq3

Instant Messenger

Permissions