sAtUrdAy tEAdAy 4/12/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Have you discovered a good friend on TeaChat?

Yes, I have more than 5 good friends who I now regularly contact outside of TeaChat.
4%
Yes, I have 5 or less good friends I discovered through TeaChat who I contact regularly.
10%
Yes, I have a good friend who I discovered through TeaChat and contact regularly.
8%
I consider one or more TeaChatters a TeaFriend, but I do not regularly contact anyone outside of TeaChat.
16%
No, I do not have a friend that I met through TeaChat, maybe one day.
58%
No, I am really not interested in developing a friendship and come here to discuss tea.
4%

Total votes: 50

Apr 12th, '08, 03:47
Scrolling: scrolling

sAtUrdAy tEAdAy 4/12/08

by Chip » Apr 12th, '08, 03:47

Yesterday's poll was split right down the middle, half of the responders said they did have a "TeaMentor" and half said they did not. You may still vote and add to the discussion if you would like in yesterday's topic.

Again, welcome one and all to TeaDay. Come on, it is Saturday, fill up your tea cups and come share what you are drinking today...we all would like to know. While you are here, please make sure you check out what is in everyone else's cup as well. Stop by throughout the day and give us updates.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is a little spin off of yesterday's. Have you developed a friendship with someone you met on TeaChat...maybe more than one? Someone you contact regularly outside of TeaChat. We don't want to embarrass anyone, so as you share about your new found friendships, avoid sharing names. But you can share something about your friendships...please do!

I am looking forward to sharing tea with everyone today. Have a great TeaDay.

Apr 12th, '08, 04:20

by Trioxin » Apr 12th, '08, 04:20

Nobody wants to be my special friend. Dirty boys don't deserve special friends.

Currently drinking 2008 Castleton Moonlight First Flush Darjeeling

Apr 12th, '08, 05:08

by Terrasi » Apr 12th, '08, 05:08

What is a "special" friend? Really I don't have any teachat friends, not yet. Someday my name will be synonymous with amazing tea insight and delightfully witty comments. For now, I struggle to taste the difference between english and irish breakfast.

In my cup: yunnan gold (I should have tried this earlier when everyone told me to try it)

Apr 12th, '08, 05:18

by omegapd » Apr 12th, '08, 05:18

Yep, there is one person here that I correspond with daily. It's been a lot of fun.

Been drinking some O-cha Uji that this friend sent me.

EW

Apr 12th, '08, 06:40

by olivierco » Apr 12th, '08, 06:40

Terrasi wrote: In my cup: yunnan gold (I should have tried this earlier when everyone told me to try it)
Indeed.

No regular contact outside of teachat, but I have been here for only two months.

This morning Keemun for breakfast and a Dong Ding.

Apr 12th, '08, 07:43

by augie » Apr 12th, '08, 07:43

Terrasi wrote:What is a "special" friend?
That was my first thought, "define special".

Internet only friends are a dicey concept to me . . . what if you're talking to a large, hairy inmate in a maximum security prison in New Jersey??? :wink: Or some weird old lady who has a "hotty chick" looking avatar?

Apr 12th, '08, 08:07

by insanitylater » Apr 12th, '08, 08:07

augie wrote:
Terrasi wrote:What is a "special" friend?
what if you're talking to a large, hairy inmate in a maximum security prison in New Jersey??? :wink:
:(

Apr 12th, '08, 08:25

by greenisgood » Apr 12th, '08, 08:25

It's an early post for me, but I have some time to burn before I leave.

I'm actually drinking some Costa Rican Light Roast (coffee) right now. Sometimes tea just doesn't have that roasty, caffienated kick. It's a pretty nice morning here in New Jersey... I think(I don't have windows). I think I'll have some mao feng later, but as of now I suppose its a CoffeeDay.

Apr 12th, '08, 08:40

by Mary R » Apr 12th, '08, 08:40

Hrm...perhaps I should go and edit Chip's post and poll to remove the word "special." In my geographical region and among my age demographic, that tends to be a polite euphemism for the "friends with benefits" situation. Somehow, I don't think that's quite what Chip had in mind for today's poll.

Still, huzzah TeaFriendships!

Apr 12th, '08, 08:42

by ThinkingOutLoud » Apr 12th, '08, 08:42

Terrasi wrote: Or some weird old lady who has a "hotty chick" looking avatar?
Off to find my avatar :lol:

Apr 12th, '08, 10:15

by LavenderPekoe » Apr 12th, '08, 10:15

Yes, there are a few people I met here I correspond with semi-regularly. None of them post here anymore, though. I almost feel as though I am the last hanger-oner from that era even though some people who are here now were members then as well.

No tea yet today. I will need to remedy that soon. It is icky here.

Apr 12th, '08, 10:24

by Beanbean » Apr 12th, '08, 10:24

I'm fairly new here so I'm still learning the ropes. I participate on a crafting board where there are a group of people I consider very close friends, so I know it's possible! Of that group of people I have met seven IRL even though they are as farflung as Canada, Texas, Washington and Virginia.

This morning my nine year old son chose the tea so we are enjoying a pot of Irish Breakfast. Heheheh...my husband has no chance to convert my son to coffee. I've been feeding him tea since he was three years old! :twisted:

Apr 12th, '08, 10:39

by Victoria » Apr 12th, '08, 10:39

Way to go Beanbean recruit them early!

I have made friends here that I correspond with regularly. Some of which I know I will meet in person someday.

In my cup this morning White Tip oolong. I just realized that this oolong has a spicy peppery feel that equates to Yunnan Gold. No wonder I love it.

Apr 12th, '08, 10:47

by Victoria » Apr 12th, '08, 10:47

Trioxin wrote:Nobody wants to be my special friend. Dirty boys don't deserve special friends.
Awwwww but you clean up good and you smell nice!!
augie wrote: Internet only friends are a dicey concept to me . . . what if you're talking to a large, hairy inmate in a maximum security prison in New Jersey??? :wink: Or some weird old lady who has a "hotty chick" looking avatar?
Trust your instincts and may the TeaForce be with you!

Apr 12th, '08, 11:07

by chamekke » Apr 12th, '08, 11:07

I see that the poll has been changed so that we are now talking about "good" friends and not special ones.

But really, who among us can say that we're truly good? I'm pretty naughty sometimes...

Anyhow, since I've been here less than a week, I am still at the point where I'm trying to remember people's usernames :wink:

Currently drinking: a humble cup of PG Tips, livened by a generous helping of Island Farms' best 2% milk, and brought to me here at the computer by my loving hubby. It's good, too.