sAtUrdAy tEAdAy 4/12/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Have you discovered a good friend on TeaChat?

Yes, I have more than 5 good friends who I now regularly contact outside of TeaChat.
4%
Yes, I have 5 or less good friends I discovered through TeaChat who I contact regularly.
10%
Yes, I have a good friend who I discovered through TeaChat and contact regularly.
8%
I consider one or more TeaChatters a TeaFriend, but I do not regularly contact anyone outside of TeaChat.
16%
No, I do not have a friend that I met through TeaChat, maybe one day.
58%
No, I am really not interested in developing a friendship and come here to discuss tea.
4%

Total votes: 50

Apr 12th, '08, 11:32

by TimeforTea » Apr 12th, '08, 11:32

Yes, I have two friends who I have regular contact with. I hope to someday enjoy a cup of tea with them in person! There are others, whom I have had very friendly and enjoyable contact with as well. Every correspondence I have ever had on teachat has been very positive.

I wasn't planning on making friends on teachat, but am so glad it has worked out that way. I had never been a believer in internet forums. However, I learned quickly that there is a big difference between a tea forum and say something like myspace or eharmony! :wink:

This morning, I drank green peach tea from a tea swap. This afternoon, I will have some green sencha/matcha tea that my husband just bought from Costco.

Have a great day, everyone! :D

Apr 12th, '08, 11:39

by Katmandu » Apr 12th, '08, 11:39

Enjoying a wonderful steamy cup of Golden Monkey...delicious! Later will be using my brand new glass gaiwans with my girl. It seems like they were on the rowboat from china to get here but they finally made it-yay!
Loving my scale...makes great teacups even greater!! :D
Last edited by Katmandu on Apr 12th, '08, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 12th, '08, 11:50

by chrl42 » Apr 12th, '08, 11:50

I have been around here for a month. Everything here comes fascinating, people..topics..knowledge they have. I hope to discover more of them in the future.

Currently drinking poor man's menghai shu cha, from my friend who is puerh seller.

Apr 12th, '08, 11:52

by witches brew » Apr 12th, '08, 11:52

Well, everyone is most friendly here, but I haven't been here long enough to become good friends with anyone.

This morning I reached for my favorite comfort tea, Rooibos Tropica. It was a stressful morning, because my cat had a vet appointment. I needed comfort tea after that. I think I"ll have another cup right now.

Apr 12th, '08, 12:04

by Ron Gilmour » Apr 12th, '08, 12:04

I've never really had a serious friendship develop from online interaction, although I'm not opposed to the idea.

Enjoying some adagio sencha premier this morning. Excellent sencha!

Apr 12th, '08, 12:41

by RussianSoul » Apr 12th, '08, 12:41

I have made some real life friends from an online forum, so it is not a far-fetched idea for me. I participate in the Tarot Reading forum and met 3(!) people there who have since become rather close friends. One of them is also a tea friend and shops at Adagio! He is not on TeaChat however.

I have not made such friendships on TeaChat yet, but everyone is so nice I wouldn't be surprised when it will happen.

Finished my Adagio Irish Breakfast sample. Now trying to take off the label - will use the tin for my new wuyi.

Apr 12th, '08, 12:54

by TimeforTea » Apr 12th, '08, 12:54

augie wrote:Internet only friends are a dicey concept to me . . . what if you're talking to a large, hairy inmate in a maximum security prison in New Jersey??? :wink:
The thought of a large, hairy inmate in a maximum security prison in New Jersey brewing tea leaves with a tea scale, digital thermometer, and kettle...and then perhaps drinking it out of a dainty tea cup...just makes me laugh... :D

Apr 12th, '08, 13:17

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 12th, '08, 13:17

I have one other tea person who I correspond with regularly and a few more who are very good to PM when I need questions answered. I have other internet friends from online gaming forums that I chat with every so often too, but they aren't tea peoples.

This morning, I am trying the Royal Bengal Tiger Black Tea from New Mexico Tea Co. It is a fruity cinnamon black tea. It doesn't taste too bad, but it still strikes me as an odd flavor for tea. I also had to make more Casablanca Twist iced tea since my friend finished off what I had in the fridge. It was nice to share my tea with someone for once, especially since he enjoyed it.

Apr 12th, '08, 13:19
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 12th, '08, 13:19

LOL...I had no idea the word "special" would bring about such scrutiny.

Special, simply beyond ordinary. I have made numerous friendships in the 2 years I have been a member of TeaChat. I never set out to, but it just happened naturally. I am really happy to be a part of the TeaChat communiTEA, and am blessed to have found some special friends along the way.

I would encourage others to simply be open to the possibilty of developing special friendships along the way.

I opened the last new sencha I have til the new harvest. It is a blend of sencha and gyokuro...consisting of several varietals. The first session was quite good. I enjoyed it.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 12th, '08, 13:21

by auggy » Apr 12th, '08, 13:21

witches brew wrote:This morning I reached for my favorite comfort tea, Rooibos Tropica. It was a stressful morning, because my cat had a vet appointment. I needed comfort tea after that. I think I"ll have another cup right now.
Uh oh, not fun. Is kitty okay?

I don't think I've been here long enough to develop any friendships yet.
No tea yet. Been up 30 minutes (yes, I'm lazy) so haven't gotten my mind awake enough to make such a decision.

Apr 12th, '08, 13:55
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Apr 12th, '08, 13:55

chamekke wrote: brought to me here at the computer by my loving hubby. It's good, too.
OMG, you've trained one of those hulks to perform useful services. You should write a users guide!

Trioxin wrote:Nobody wants to be my special friend.
I didn't want to have to be the one to tell you, man, but it's because of the scent. You just need to get all puerh-ed up in the Interested in Puershop tasting thread. Then you will be the most popular reindeer of all - like Rudolph. (cue: maniacal laughter in solitary confinement section of max security facility) :lol:

Apr 12th, '08, 14:14

by Mary R » Apr 12th, '08, 14:14

Heh heh...looks like someone slipped some sugar in Sal's tea this morning. I can't recall the last time I laughed so hard!

Apr 12th, '08, 14:15

by omegapd » Apr 12th, '08, 14:15

chamekke wrote:
Currently drinking: a humble cup of PG Tips,.
Some mornings nothing beats a cheap, strong bagged tea to get you going. I really like PG Tips. It's too bad I can't find it locally, so Red Rose is my "everyday" strong cup...

EW

Apr 12th, '08, 14:20

by Mary R » Apr 12th, '08, 14:20

I recall seeing PG Tips at some Publixes in Florida...do you have those in your area of Georgia?

Apr 12th, '08, 15:35

by Trioxin » Apr 12th, '08, 15:35

Salsero wrote:I didn't want to have to be the one to tell you, man, but it's because of the scent. You just need to get all puerh-ed up in the Interested in Puershop tasting thread. Then you will be the most popular reindeer of all - like Rudolph. (cue: maniacal laughter in solitary confinement section of max security facility) :lol:
If I keep buying pu, I just might have to start selling my scents. Do ya think the local pawn shop will give me a fair price for my Bond No. 9 collection?