SuNDaY TeaDaY 4/13/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Have you sent and/or received Tea samples to other TeaChatters...or would you like to do so?

Yes, I have sent and received tea samples
36%
Yes, I have sent tea samples
5%
Yes, I have received tea samples
7%
No, I have not sent or received tea samples, but I would like to
30%
No, I have not sent or received tea samples
21%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 56

Apr 13th, '08, 04:08
Scrolling: scrolling

SuNDaY TeaDaY 4/13/08

by Chip » Apr 13th, '08, 04:08

Yesterday, 36% of responders indicated they had a special friend they met through TeaChat and 56% indicated maybe they would in the future. You may still vote or respond to yesterday's topic.

Welcome one and all to TeaDay, let's drink up and share what is in your cup here. Stop by throughout the day and give us updates. And of course, half the fun is seeing what is in everyone else's cup.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic deals with samples. There are more and more samples passing around these days it seems. And there are more and more opportunities to do so as members are coming up with new and innovative ways to share teas.

Have you shared and/or received tea samples from another TeaChatter. If so, share your experience with us...was it a rewarding experience for you? Do you have an idea for sharing teas? It is all about sharing today, so, share about sharing!

I hope everyone has a great TeaDay...see you here.

Apr 13th, '08, 04:21

by Trioxin » Apr 13th, '08, 04:21

As of yet, no. But I've been thinking of sharing some of my pu's and my newest Darjeelings with my fellow chatters. Speaking of which, any chance of an endorsement? I've a perfect rating on ebay (xrrcx) and Basenotes (fragrance forum)

Currently drinking: 2008 Thurbo First Flush, First Invoice tippy Darjeeling.

Apr 13th, '08, 05:09

by omegapd » Apr 13th, '08, 05:09

Yep, sure have and received some nice stuff in return.

This morning it's Adagio's Green Pekoe. Not bad-not a favorite either. The more I drink Chinese greens, the more I like the Japanese stuff I've tried better.

EW

Apr 13th, '08, 06:34

by olivierco » Apr 13th, '08, 06:34

The best way to experiment teas for me is to directly buy teas recommended by teachatters or teabloggers
In order to make my opinion on a tea, I like better to drink it more than once, I need at least 50gr of it, which is over the size of samples.

This morning Yunnan Golden tips for breakfast, some Houjicha and Uji Gyokuro "Yume no Ukihashi"
I tried this gyokuro cold brewed (same leaves/water ratio as for normal brewing, water at room temperature) for the first time as some teachatters (Pentox particulary) wrote about cold brewing lately. I overbrewed it a little for the second brew, but it was very good and I will try it again.

Apr 13th, '08, 08:51

by Beanbean » Apr 13th, '08, 08:51

I haven't but my husband already thinks our kitchen is overrun with tea so I'm not sure how well he'd take having more tea hanging about!

This morning, the birds are chirping, the sun is shining and the menfolk are still abed. I'm enjoying a big, steaming mug of Ceylon to start the day. Lovely.

Apr 13th, '08, 08:59

by ThinkingOutLoud » Apr 13th, '08, 08:59

Beanbean wrote:This morning, the birds are chirping, the sun is shining and the menfolk are still abed. I'm enjoying a big, steaming mug of Ceylon to start the day. Lovely.
My house exactly! Except I'm leaving behind my normal morning Irish Breakfast in favor of Earl Grey Bravo, a second attempt and liking it better this time. I did have to add some lemon to make me happy. Hope that does not horrify ....

Apr 13th, '08, 10:02

by witches brew » Apr 13th, '08, 10:02

I have no tea in my cup yet, but that will soon be remedied with some sencha. I think I'll wait until I get my work done, so that I can relax and enjoy my tea.

I haven't been sharing samples yet, but I might when I reach my three-month milestone.

Apr 13th, '08, 11:04

by Ron Gilmour » Apr 13th, '08, 11:04

I'm with olivierco. I have to spend some time with a tea before I know if I like it or not. I like to try it at different temperatures, different steep times, etc. Small samples can be frustrating.

Still, I'm fortunate enough to have a tea friend at work and we do sometimes trade teas. I wouldn't mind doing this online if someone were interested.

This morning I just finished a huge mug of organic Assam from Harney.

Apr 13th, '08, 11:27

by TimeforTea » Apr 13th, '08, 11:27

Yes, I have both received and sent teas, and plan to continue to do so in the future.

This morning, my husband and I enjoyed Harney & Sons' sencha. I also began to read one of my new tea books, "New Tastes in Green Tea".

Apr 13th, '08, 12:18
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

by Sydney » Apr 13th, '08, 12:18

The generosity of teachat sample senders blew my mind early on, making me a tea sample sender as well.

It's a great thing, and I plan to continue (but nobody's getting my huang ya... get yer own).

Apr 13th, '08, 12:19

by Katrina » Apr 13th, '08, 12:19

I share samples with friends and family, but not online. I love getting suggestions, though, about sources/types others are drinking. I'm just too hesitant to ingest things that people I don't know send me (unless it's a company that I can research and vet). Maybe I'm paranoid, but it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. :wink:

Today I returned to Mark T. Wendell's Assam, mostly because our coffee maker is on the blink and I needed to make something that my husband would want to drink too.

Apr 13th, '08, 12:30

by Pentox » Apr 13th, '08, 12:30

olivierco wrote: I tried this gyokuro cold brewed (same leaves/water ratio as for normal brewing, water at room temperature) for the first time as some teachatters (Pentox particulary) wrote about cold brewing lately. I overbrewed it a little for the second brew, but it was very good and I will try it again.
:oops:

Apr 13th, '08, 12:46

by Sam. » Apr 13th, '08, 12:46

I haven't sent or received any tea samples, but I'm definitely up for the idea in the future. I currently don't have anything special to send anyone though!

Apr 13th, '08, 13:13

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 13th, '08, 13:13

I like exchanging teas with people. It's like exchanging presents, but better since you know it is something good and not things like useless knick-knacks or a bag of socks. I've found that is a great way to try new teas and get rid of those teas that you may not like, but other people can enjoy.

Today's TeaDay is starting with White Tip Oolong.

Apr 13th, '08, 13:26

by trent » Apr 13th, '08, 13:26

starting off the morning w/ a cup of yerba mate