Chip, Mary, other mods: If this is in poor taste or the wrong section, discipline me accordingly. I've seen this done on wet shaving forums (with soaps and creams and blades, and the occasional razor), and on tobacco forums with cigars, pipe tobacco, and the occasional lighter or pipe. They've also done it with tea. the venerable Hobbes has contributed much. So i thought I might feel it out here.
The way it works, is that someone starts the shipment with a large box partially full of tea(s) and *maybe* some brewing vessels. People join the thread to aprticipate, and somehow (I'm not completely sure how, probably via pm and/or post order) addresses are exchanged and the box is passed on. Everyone tries some teas, and everyone adds some tea. People new to tea can feel free to try much, since there may be much to try.
So I thought maybe I'd pass along the idea before passing along any tea. I currently have one cake each of raw and cooked puerh, and one ounce of Wen Mountain Baozhong to send, along with a bag of mini tuocha in case someone is curious about them.
Some further rules:
* Each tea must be packaged to leak *minimal* odor (at least two zipper bags, but ideally enough for a perfect seal)
* Every tea must be clearly labeled
* If there is a large amount of that tea, do not take it all. Others also want to try it.
* If the amount of that tea is low, go ahead and finish it, if you want to try it.
* One must add more tea, high dollar or not.
So ... any thoughts?