Thurzzzday TeaDay 4/17/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Silly question, do you like TeaDay?

Yes, I look forward to TeaDay every day
42%
Yes, I like TeaDay
44%
No, I do not like TeaDay
4%
Other
10%

Total votes: 52

Apr 17th, '08, 11:05

by auggy » Apr 17th, '08, 11:05

I look forward to TeaDay - it's always my first stop when I hit the boards. I like it because I get to interact with others and it is the one forum that I don't' feel like I need to put the newbie disclaimer in with my posts. :)

Pouchong this morning. No spectacular, but nice. Don't know what the rest of the day looks like aside from some iced kukicha at lunch. It had at least two more decent steeps in it last night so I went ahead and brewed them and stuck it in the fridge. I'll see how it goes.

Apr 17th, '08, 11:13

by Space Samurai » Apr 17th, '08, 11:13

I voted other, because like Brandon, sometimes it feels like a lot of frivalous posting to me. But there can be no doubt that it is qute popular and has had a positive impact on the forum.

I don't like it or dislike it, per se. I would say I am fairly neutral about it, and if others enjoy it, that's good enough for me.

Apr 17th, '08, 11:38

by daughteroftheKing » Apr 17th, '08, 11:38

I love stopping by TeaDay to vote and see what other people are drinking. It's a good way to expand my tea ventures and get to know other board members a bit. I think it's been really good for the board overall.
And no one should be surprised to read that I enjoy frivolous posts. :)

This morning started with a lovely Jade TGY, and I'm looking forward to a few more steeps of it when I get home tonight. At work I'm enjoying Adagio's TGY -- when I haven't had it for a few days, I forget how much I really like this tea.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Apr 17th, '08, 12:00
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Apr 17th, '08, 12:00

Ron Gilmour wrote: I'm going to spend a couple more days with it before I write my review though.
I admire your patience but am unable to practice it! Eagerly awaiting your comments.

By FAR the best course is to get to know the tea before you post (as Wesli points out in the thread BTW) but I get excited and can't hold back: it's part of my charm. 8)

Besides, I am old and time is short!

Apr 17th, '08, 12:31

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 17th, '08, 12:31

I look forward to Teaday. I like reading the stories and seeing what other people are drinking so that I can possibly expand my tea tastes. I've found it very helpful in getting to know the other forum members.

Today is starting with more White Tip Oolong.

Apr 17th, '08, 12:31

by Sam. » Apr 17th, '08, 12:31

I've enjoyed reading TeaDay most of the time. Sometimes it becomes overwhelming and I don't have time to read all of the postings!

Right now I'm finishing off my apricot green sample tin.

Apr 17th, '08, 14:01

by Chip » Apr 17th, '08, 14:01

Thanx everyone for your comments so far. As you go through your TeaDay, please feel free to add to what has been said.

Well, if I did not like TeaDay, I should certainly have my head examined since I put a lot of time and effort into it. But I truly enjoy the simple conversation and getting to know one another that we have much of the time. It is a fun place to go and just be casual about tea...and have some fun a long the way.

My first goal of TeaDay was to bring as many TeaChatters to one place to interact on a daily basis as possible. Newbies to oldies, flavored to hard core non flavored. I wanted everyone to feel welcome here...everyone. I also wanted everyone to be comfortable to post...newbies can be hesitant about actually posting. It is very rewarding when I see newbies jump head first into it.

I also wanted to have a daily topic and the poll seemed to be a great way to introduce the topic. Give us something to talk about...and get to know each other along the way.

I can be as intense as anyone when it comes to discussing tea, but it is so nice coming here and just casually sharing with each other. I guess TeaDay is as much about socializing as it is about anything else.

The popularity has shown me that I am not alone!!!

Perhaps I should rename the poll, "frivolous question, do you like TeaDay?"

:?: :lol: :wink: :shock: :idea: 8) :? :twisted:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 17th, '08, 14:01

by olivierco » Apr 17th, '08, 14:01

After reading very interesting posts on Matcha, I had to brew a bowl of Matcha kaoru supreme.

Apr 17th, '08, 14:06

by Salsero » Apr 17th, '08, 14:06

Chip wrote:My first goal of TeaDay was to bring as many TeaChatters to one place to interact on a daily basis as possible.
Half the fun of TeaDay is waiting to see if Chip has yet been forced to start recycling the questions! Apparently his imagination is limitless. Chip, among your many great contributions to this forum, TeaDay is the awesomest of the awesome -- that and maybe killing the spammers -- that and maybe drinking more green tea than the average Japanese village.

Apr 17th, '08, 14:09

by Chip » Apr 17th, '08, 14:09

Salsero wrote:
Chip wrote:My first goal of TeaDay was to bring as many TeaChatters to one place to interact on a daily basis as possible.
Half the fun of TeaDay is waiting to see if Chip has yet been forced to start recycling the questions! Apparently his imagination is limitless. Chip, among your many great contributions to this forum, TeaDay is the awesomest of the awesome -- that and maybe killing the spammers -- that and maybe drinking more green tea than the average Japanese village.
I need to drink faster then...and stop doing 5 steeps. Thanx Sal!!!

Oh...started my TeaDay with Premium Sencha Gyokuro Blend...I like it...

Apr 17th, '08, 14:11

by trent » Apr 17th, '08, 14:11

Speaking of drinking more green tea than the average japanese village... I had some usatcha matcha today, fukamusishi sencha, and am now trying to force myself to have some kind of oolong. I like chinese teas... but japanese are just so good.

Apr 17th, '08, 14:15

by Salsero » Apr 17th, '08, 14:15

trent wrote:Speaking of drinking more green tea than the average japanese village...
You know, one of our more gifted analyticals out there should calculate the total tea consumption per diem of TeaChatters.

Apr 17th, '08, 14:18

by Chip » Apr 17th, '08, 14:18

trent wrote:Speaking of drinking more green tea than the average japanese village... I had some usatcha matcha today, fukamusishi sencha, and am now trying to force myself to have some kind of oolong. I like chinese teas... but japanese are just so good.
You are fortunate to have the Japanese contacts you have, who have in turn introduced you to Japanese tea at such a young age of 16(?)

Yes, no doubt about it, Japanese teas are soooo good.

Apr 17th, '08, 14:18

by greenisgood » Apr 17th, '08, 14:18

i like this teaday business, its nice to have something new to look at everyday on the forum and i applaud the fact that there is a new topic everyday (its bound to get frivolous sometimes).

i had some golden yunnan in the morning and just had a few steeps of some pretty marginal assam oolong (i haven't found an indian oolong that i like yet, but i suppose its like ordering italian food at a mexican restaurant). i'm also trying to finnish off this tamaryokucha before it gets stale.

Apr 17th, '08, 14:24

by tenuki » Apr 17th, '08, 14:24

Apathetic bout TeaDay.

I'm here cause this is where everyone else is. When I goto a party I don't choose the room in the house I like the most and then just sit there, I simply follow the crowd wherever they may be. Party on! ( but sometimes I do go sit in the oolong thread, it's kinda lonely though. )

no tea yet today so far.

P.S. I actually hang out here: Image - _That_ is where the heart of the party on teachat is.