Question on Shincha/ First Flush Spring Harvests

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Apr 18th, '08, 10:11

Question on Shincha/ First Flush Spring Harvests

by joelbct » Apr 18th, '08, 10:11

So I have been drinking tea for a while, but got seriously into green tea just the past 1.5 years, so I am no expert.

The question is, should I spring (no pun int) for Shincha and early Spring 08 Chinese tea, at the expense of all the 2007 greens I already have opened? What exactly is the difference in terms of taste of these first flush greens?

Otherwise I would just wait till late summer when my 07 supply runs out, and try to coordinate better for next year.

Apr 18th, '08, 10:24

by chrl42 » Apr 18th, '08, 10:24

James Norwood Pratt said green tea that has no 'keeping quality' right? Because green loses its freshness very quickly so it's been said to consume in 2 month or at least 6 month.
So tea markets in China calculate green tea selling until summer then put in a refrigerator and prepare to launch oolongs after fall. So in winter, green prices goes down to bottom.

Apr 18th, '08, 11:36

by tenuki » Apr 18th, '08, 11:36

Image *

* (I've constructed a robot to place this image in any thread containing reference to sincha, bwhahbahbahaahaaaa)

Apr 18th, '08, 12:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Apr 18th, '08, 12:09

tenuki wrote:Image *

* (I've constructed a robot to place this image in any thread containing reference to sincha, bwhahbahbahaahaaaa)
Oh, so we're making moral judgements about sencha/shincha now? :P
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Apr 18th, '08, 12:20

by tenuki » Apr 18th, '08, 12:20

scruffmcgruff wrote:
tenuki wrote:Image *

Oh, so we're making moral judgements about sencha/shincha now? :P
It's not a moral judgement, just a taste observation.

A moral judgement would sound more like - 'Shincha is the drink of evil people.' Which clearly isn't true except for Wesli and Chip's. :P

( note to everyone - this is just a standing joke. I drink sencha too and I like it! But you have to admit, it looks and tastes suspiciously like lightly buttered grass clippings... )
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Apr 18th, '08, 14:30

by joelbct » Apr 18th, '08, 14:30

tenuki wrote:I've constructed a robot to place this image in any thread containing reference to sincha
And what, pray-tell, is "sin-cha," does that have something to do with his holiness' visit to the states?

edit: Ah forget the question, who am I fooling, I am just going to break down and order more tea, but I'll set a budget :)

And the old tea? Maybe I will start taking baths in it?

+ Post Reply