Yum! Sun Tea/Iced Tea! My perfect blend!

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Apr 18th, '08, 23:00

Yum! Sun Tea/Iced Tea! My perfect blend!

by PhoenixRising » Apr 18th, '08, 23:00

So, it was an absolutely beautiful day here, nice and sunny, and HOT! I was surprised it was this warm in april! So anyway, I was sitting here, with a craving for some GOOD iced tea, and decided to brew my own. I was a little disappointed when I saw that it could take 6-8 hours for a cold brew iced tea(I wanted a way that would preserve the taste, as well as the antioxidants). But then I saw the sun tea method(I think it was Mary who posted it) and I decided to give it a try.

I made 2 recipes. The first was a small batch green tea. I used Citron Green from Agagio, with a couple of slices of lime zest(cut it off with a veggie peeler), ans steeped until it was a nice bright green. It was so good! It tasted nice and limey, with a nice green tea background.

The second was a full pitcher(probably around 2 litres) made from Uptons Extra Bergamot Earl Grey(about 5 tsp), Uptons Earl Grey Rooibos(around 4 tsp) and 3 slices of orange peel. The orange rounds out the flavor perfectly.

I just thought I'd share these recipes in case someone else was looking.

Apr 19th, '08, 06:41

by ThinkingOutLoud » Apr 19th, '08, 06:41

Thanks for the recipes! I love citron green. Yesterday, I pulled out my old trusty Mr. Coffee iced tea maker, used revolution's tropical green tea bags and made a really yummy pot of iced tea. I'm sure that making it the sun tea way would have been better, but we were in a hurry to get to the park and enjoy the gorgeous day!

+ Post Reply