Can we add another "Mark all forums read button"?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Apr 20th, '08, 15:01
Scrolling: scrolling

Can we add another "Mark all forums read button"?

by Victoria » Apr 20th, '08, 15:01

Can we get a "Mark all forums read" button at the top of the "view new posts"
area?

That would be most helpful rather than having to go back to the front page and scroll down to the bottom.

Thank you in advance for your consideration!

Apr 20th, '08, 18:47

by Salsero » Apr 20th, '08, 18:47

I don't seem to be getting along too well with "View New Posts" myself. I know there are posts that never come up for me or are marked as read when I never read them. Also, I know that if I am away from TeaChat for hours or days that I do not get a list of everything I have missed.

I know about the orange buttons, but they don't always seem to be reliable in my case. Are there some guidelines I am missing, or is just that the system is somehow short of perfect?

Apr 20th, '08, 19:53

by motokochan » Apr 20th, '08, 19:53

Salsero wrote:I don't seem to be getting along too well with "View New Posts" myself. I know there are posts that never come up for me or are marked as read when I never read them. Also, I know that if I am away from TeaChat for hours or days that I do not get a list of everything I have missed.
This is phpBB, it behaves as a "new for this session" marker. If you enter a board, then go away for a bit, the board and items are marked read. It's just the way the system is set up

Salsero wrote: I know about the orange buttons, but they don't always seem to be reliable in my case. Are there some guidelines I am missing, or is just that the system is somehow short of perfect?
Nothing missing really, that's just how it works. A lot also depends on how long a session is considered active, but I can't remember if that is a phpBB-specific setting or if it just uses PHP's setting.

Apr 20th, '08, 20:13

by Salsero » Apr 20th, '08, 20:13

motokochan wrote:This is phpBB, it behaves as a ... setting.
:lol:

I am a country boy. I will take all of this to mean, "the system is somehow short of perfect."

Thanks so much for trying!

Apr 20th, '08, 21:46

by Chip » Apr 20th, '08, 21:46

I am sure Ilya will read this thread...feedback seems to be his fav forum heading. I will ask if anything can be done. But he usually runs when he sees me coming. :lol:

motokochan, did you get my PM about a week ago?

Apr 20th, '08, 21:54

by Proinsias » Apr 20th, '08, 21:54

*waves*

I'm still reminiscing of the good ol' days and campaigning for a 'mark as read' button at the top of each individual forum.

Apr 20th, '08, 22:06

by Salsero » Apr 20th, '08, 22:06

Proinsias wrote:campaigning for a 'mark as read' button at the top of each individual forum.
*waves* too

I can't remember how the previous set-up worked, but I do remember almost leaving the forum because I didn't like the new version.

Apr 20th, '08, 22:43

by motokochan » Apr 20th, '08, 22:43

Salsero wrote: I am a country boy. I will take all of this to mean, "the system is somehow short of perfect."

Thanks so much for trying!
Sorry if it was confusing. It isn't so much that the system isn't perfect. It works fine, but just not in the way you'd like it to! (It irritates me too.)

Chip wrote: motokochan, did you get my PM about a week ago?
Yes, and Mary's too. I sent a mail to the address she provided. It came from my alt e-mail identity however (youngmug), so it might have been confusing.

+ Post Reply