Tuesday is TeaDay 4/22/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Frivolous, definitely...regardless, in what month is your birthday?

January
3%
February
13%
March
7%
April
17%
May
6%
June
10%
July
6%
August
10%
September
7%
October
7%
November
9%
December
6%

Total votes: 70

Apr 22nd, '08, 20:13

by Aphroditea » Apr 22nd, '08, 20:13

I seem to be one of only 2 January bdays. The 8th for me - 8 is my lucky number :)

I do NOT feel very much like a Capricorn at all - I was supposed to have been born February 3rd and I'll admit I feel more Aquarius-like. (Waiting for Inguna to get to those Zodiac Blends!!)

I am also on the cusp on the Chinese zodiac - I am DEFINATELY a Dragon, though :)

I am on my third tea today - and this is odd since I usually don't have caffeinated tea this late (but needs must - writing papers) - I am having one of my own blends tonight - Titania (White monkey with fruit and flowers).

Apr 22nd, '08, 20:19

by chamekke » Apr 22nd, '08, 20:19

Chip wrote:Today is my 2nd anniversary on TeaChat...I must start celebrating with massive quantities of TEA, what else...
Hmmm.....

(Congratulations, Chip :) )

Apr 22nd, '08, 20:24

by Eastree » Apr 22nd, '08, 20:24

I was born in August, two months later than the doctor's prescribed due date for me. It's a long story as to why, but my mother did it voluntarily.

Speaking of the Zodiac, though ... when I was in Turkey, the topic of birthdays came up. One of the contractors who worked under me there asked me, "Are you a virgin?"

I thought That's rather forward ... why would he want to know, any way? until I realized that it's not Virgo in Turkish ... it's Virgin.

Apr 22nd, '08, 21:28

by augie » Apr 22nd, '08, 21:28

Eastree wrote:I was born in August, two months later than the doctor's prescribed due date for me. It's a long story as to why, but my mother did it voluntarily.
Um, how did your mother voluntarily carry you for two extra weeks? Why would any woman do that to herself? Hey, look what an extra two weeks worth produced.

9-25, Libra. I also have a kid who was born on my birthday and another who was due on her dad's b-day.

Apr 22nd, '08, 21:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 22nd, '08, 21:37

chamekke wrote:
Chip wrote:Today is my 2nd anniversary on TeaChat...I must start celebrating with massive quantities of TEA, what else...
Hmmm.....

(Congratulations, Chip :) )
THANX Chamekke and Victoria!!!

Still celebrating with some Houjicha.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 22nd, '08, 21:54

by jazz88 » Apr 22nd, '08, 21:54

My birthday is May 10 so I'm Taurus – not that I take this too seriously :)

Today I have had 3 cups of tea: rooibos vanilla (with a very nice cookie), jasmine #12 and Taurus blend. I'm very much into oolong tea lately.

Apr 22nd, '08, 23:13

by anton » Apr 22nd, '08, 23:13

April 20 for me. Yes, I ordered tea as a gift to myself. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival. I feel I deserve to treat myself.
At this time of night it's a cup of Key lime rooibos.

T

Apr 22nd, '08, 23:17

by Salsero » Apr 22nd, '08, 23:17

I think this is sort of cool today without the IM. It's sort of like going camping. Anyone want to tell ghost stories?

Apr 22nd, '08, 23:29

by chamekke » Apr 22nd, '08, 23:29

jazz88 wrote:My birthday is May 10 so I'm Taurus – not that I take this too seriously :)
Just wait... maybe Chip will pop an Asian zodiac poll on us next. In the year of which animal were you born?

Hint for yours truly:

Apr 22nd, '08, 23:53

by henley » Apr 22nd, '08, 23:53

Let's see if I can stay on the site for longer than 20 seconds this time. Bday is June 11th. Finished the day w/oolong #8.

Apr 23rd, '08, 15:53

by Eastree » Apr 23rd, '08, 15:53

augie wrote:
Eastree wrote:I was born in August, two months later than the doctor's prescribed due date for me. It's a long story as to why, but my mother did it voluntarily.
Um, how did your mother voluntarily carry you for two extra weeks? Why would any woman do that to herself? Hey, look what an extra two weeks worth produced.

9-25, Libra. I also have a kid who was born on my birthday and another who was due on her dad's b-day.
Erm ... months.

The shortest version of the story I can fathom:

My mother was told by her doctor that having children would be dangerous for her, and she's had lifelong problems with her reproductive system.

When she was a small child (so she claims -- it's becoming increasingly difficult to believe her since the stories always grow) she dreamed about her future family -- which is why she specifically chose my dad: he looked like the man in that dream. In the dream, her first child was born early and her second was born two months late. So when she did not go into labor, she kept making excuses not to have a c-section or have labor induced.

Apr 23rd, '08, 17:21

by Chip » Apr 23rd, '08, 17:21

Eastree wrote:Erm ... months.

The shortest version of the story I can fathom:

My mother was told by her doctor that having children would be dangerous for her, and she's had lifelong problems with her reproductive system.

When she was a small child (so she claims -- it's becoming increasingly difficult to believe her since the stories always grow) she dreamed about her future family -- which is why she specifically chose my dad: he looked like the man in that dream. In the dream, her first child was born early and her second was born two months late. So when she did not go into labor, she kept making excuses not to have a c-section or have labor induced.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

All of TeaChat is in shock after that story!!!!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 23rd, '08, 17:42

by Victoria » Apr 23rd, '08, 17:42

I guess that beats my story of the doctor taking me early by c-section because he was leaving on a golfing trip to Florida the next day.

Guess I was supposed to be born in March.