Thursday is TeaDay 4/24/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

In light of the recent IM/TC problems, Henley wanted to know, are you "addicted" to TeaChat?

Seriously addicted
18%
Addicted
11%
I can quit anytime I want, really! I just don't want to
40%
No, not really
21%
Definitely not
9%
Other
2%

Total votes: 57

Apr 24th, '08, 03:42
Scrolling: scrolling

Thursday is TeaDay 4/24/08

by Chip » Apr 24th, '08, 03:42

I wonder if at your reading this, whether the IM is back up. Day 3?

Yesterday, responders rated their brewing prowess and the results were pretty interesting. Everyone confirmed they could boil water, and nobody was willing to give themselves a perfect 10 score, but the highest number of responders voted for above average prowess...I would hope so since we are a Tea Forum. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Welcome one and all to TeaDay, fill your pot and come share what is in your cup with everyone...all day! Certainly stick around and see what everyone else is sipping as well. If you need to, you can also reflect back on your TeaDay.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic was suggested by Henley. She wondered in light of the current TC technical problems, how many of you were "addicted" to TeaChat. Share with us your addiction level...does it seem to exceed your Tea addiction? Do you miss the IM that has been absent since Tuesday? Any ideas to make TeaChat even better?

I always look forward to hearing what is in everyone's cup!
Last edited by Chip on Apr 24th, '08, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 24th, '08, 03:51

by Trey Winston » Apr 24th, '08, 03:51

I was never much of an IMer, but I find myself checking the forum (mostly TeaDay) several times a day. I can quit anytime I want, of course. Or so I imagine.

After many consecutive days of nothing but SN, I had a hankering for something a little more substantial today. Witness my breaking out the last remnants of my Dragon Well. It's superb. But I hope I don't find a dead little spider floating in my cup when the pot is empty, like what happened last time. On the other hand, Chinese spiders are known for their sublime flavor and health-conferring properties.

Apr 24th, '08, 04:08

by Sam. » Apr 24th, '08, 04:08

I do miss the TeaChat Room that's been missing. It was nice to chat back and forth quicker than on the forums and often about more trivial topics. I'd say that I'm not addicted (at least not yet) and that I can stop anytime.. I just don't want to. Why would I anyway!?

Apr 24th, '08, 04:38

by Terrasi » Apr 24th, '08, 04:38

Though fun to check up on every once and a while, I don't really think I could be addicted, not at this point. Maybe I'll get addicted as time goes on. Maybe I'm in complete denial.

Either way, I AM addicted to TEA.

Must

Make

Yunnan gold

Apr 24th, '08, 05:16

by omegapd » Apr 24th, '08, 05:16

I like reading the different forums and using IM occasionally. I have never gone into the chat room, though.

This morning is Uncle Lee's Premium Green Tea (China). It's much better than I expected it to be.

EW

Apr 24th, '08, 05:42

by olivierco » Apr 24th, '08, 05:42

I can quit anytime I want, really! I just don't want to.

Too many nice people here!

I don't use much IM.

This morning keemun for breakfast and now sencha karigane.

Apr 24th, '08, 06:30

by augie » Apr 24th, '08, 06:30

I always at minimum check this daily poll.

Never use the chatroom.

The reason I use this forum is because you can ask questions about anything. My husband and I have seen other forums we've quickly lost interest in because the moderators wipe out all information that isn't about the company's product. That doesn't encourage members to come back often - you don't learn anything.

Adagio is smart to allow all friendly chat. You're more likely to go buy their product if you visit their site daily! I can't imagine what a chore it would be to read every message every day and remove anything remotely mentioning a competitors product.

Apr 24th, '08, 08:24

by TimeforTea » Apr 24th, '08, 08:24

I can quit teachat anytime I want to! I just don't want to. Why would I, since teachat is such a friendly, helpful, informative place! Regarding IM--I can take it or leave it.

This morning, I have Chinese green flowering tea in my cup. (Thank you, Cinnamon Kitty!) However, I must have brewed it incorrectly. I decided to weigh it, since it seemed quite fluffy. I could not believe how much leaf/flower I had to use to reach 4.6 grams for 2 cups. The brewed tea is extremely strong. Any thoughts?? Perhaps I should have stuck to my old rule of fluffy tea=heaping tea spoon...

I am also having computer problems, which makes getting to teachat difficult. Perhaps an IT teachatter can offer some assistance? I am on a laptop, and the mouse is a square pad below the keyboard. My cursor has "floated" off the screen. It is impossible to get it back using the square pad. I can force it back onto the screen using the purple ball above the "b" key, but it is a major struggle! How can I get my cursor back?

This is not a good start to the day. :(

Apr 24th, '08, 08:34

by Trey Winston » Apr 24th, '08, 08:34

Teasweetie wrote:
I am also having computer problems, which makes getting to teachat difficult. Perhaps an IT teachatter can offer some assistance? I am on a laptop, and the mouse is a square pad below the keyboard. My cursor has "floated" off the screen. It is impossible to get it back using the square pad. I can force it back onto the screen using the purple ball above the "b" key, but it is a major struggle! How can I get my cursor back?

This is not a good start to the day. :(
I'm no expert, so the best advice I can give you is to reboot the computer. That usually solves mysterious problems for me. Unless it's a recurring problem, though.

Apr 24th, '08, 09:12

by Ron Gilmour » Apr 24th, '08, 09:12

I'm not really into the IM thing, but I do check TC fairly regularly, especially with all the fun we're having over on the puerh board.

This morning I'm drinking 2007 Mengsa Arbor Pu-Erh.

Apr 24th, '08, 10:00

by daughteroftheKing » Apr 24th, '08, 10:00

My feelings for TeaChat are the same as my tea drinking: I can quit anytime I want to, really. :lol:

I'm not much into IM. Sometimes I glance over there and learn about a tea they're discussing. But often I wonder if they remember that we can all see what they're typing (especially when they're gossiping or being a bit foul).

So far today I'm drinking White Peach with a bit of Darjeeling 22 thrown in for a caffeine jump. Only one cup hot, the rest is on ice to get me through the morning at work.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Apr 24th, '08, 10:31

by auggy » Apr 24th, '08, 10:31

I think I'm a wee bit addicted. I have to hit the boards just to see what is going on. Don't really do much with the chat room, but have visited in there when trying to avoid sleep and lurked a bit. Of course, I have a natural tendency to get a bit addicted to things. But it is part of my charm?

I got my tokoname pot in yesterday. I took everyone's advice and got the one I loved even though it was more expensive instead of the one I just liked.
Sadly, I broke my camera Wednesday so I'll have to wait before I can show it off, but I am very pleased with it. And it makes yummy tea!

Golden monkey this morning. I brewed it a little strong - it was good but I have a bit of a caffeine rush going on. Nothing bad, just a little jumpy.

Doing much better on the kitty thing today. I had to apologize to my boss this morning because I was such a mess yesterday. :oops: He was really understanding, though.

Apr 24th, '08, 10:53

by chamekke » Apr 24th, '08, 10:53

auggy, I'm glad to hear that your boss was being understanding about your grief. Sounds like a good guy.

I wasn't sure how to respond to this poll since "TeaChat" can refer either to the forum as a whole, or to the IM room in particular.

Definitely addicted to the first; have barely dipped my toe in the second!

Tea: PG Tips made by loving hubby.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Apr 24th, '08, 10:54
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Apr 24th, '08, 10:54

Sign me up for the 12-step program. Harney's Orange Pekoe, Ceylon and India in my cup. This tin is over a year old. Why do I do this to myself?

Apr 24th, '08, 10:58

by auggy » Apr 24th, '08, 10:58

chamekke wrote:auggy, I'm glad to hear that your boss was being understanding about your grief. Sounds like a good guy.
He really is. He told me to take Tuesday off (I'm off Mondays and that is when my kitty went into heart failure) and told me to leave early yesterday. He's been awesome. But then, I work for our church and he's the senior pastor, so it would not be good if he were a jerk about it. :D