Shipping Address or IP problem?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Nov 14th, '05, 19:28
Adagio

Gift Certificates

by ilya » Nov 14th, '05, 19:28

LadyArden,

Indeed you have found one of the limitations that we have recently placed on our free $5 gift certificates. We were getting too many instances of people taking advantage of our generosity, ordering to the same residence (just under a different hotmail account). However, we hope that after sampling so much of your tea, your roommate is convinced to purchase some of his own without the extra incentive.

-Ilya

Nov 14th, '05, 19:38

by teaspoon » Nov 14th, '05, 19:38

So wait a second... roommates don't get to use gift certificates? I can understand blocking the same address from using a free gift certificate more than once, but shouldn't there be some sort of override for cases like this? Maybe each shipping address gets two chances? I know I would've been miffed if I had tried to have tea shipped to my home rather than my college, because I wouldn't have been able to use the gift certificate my mom sent me. I'm sure Lady Arden's roommie would order from Adagio anyway if he's stealing her tea; but people like to be able to use gift certificates...

~the confused teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Nov 14th, '05, 19:48
Adagio

by ilya » Nov 14th, '05, 19:48

The original idea for the $5 gift certificates was to provide an incentive for people who were either a)not familliar with loose tea, or b)not familiar with Adagio Teas. The GC allowed them to sample a few teas, and decide whether they liked the product enough to become customers. However, if someone has already sampled the teas, they should already know whether they are interested in making the purchase. We hope you agree with this logic...

-Ilya

Nov 14th, '05, 19:54

by teaspoon » Nov 14th, '05, 19:54

Oh, I completely understand the logic behind the gift certificates, I'm just saying that it's like any other time you have a coupon for something you want to buy anyway and you're all excited because not only do you get to buy this thing that you wanted but you also get to save money, except that then you get to the checkout and find out that for whatever reason you can't use the coupon. And like I said, I completely understand that you have to take some security measure to keep people from exploiting the system. It's just a shame when security measures of any sort block people who are completely innocent.

Ah well.

~teaspoon

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Nov 15th, '05, 09:39

by chris » Nov 15th, '05, 09:39

We're all pretty reasonable people at Adagio (except when there are no bagels), so if there is a special circumstance that our system doesn't account for, you can always drop us a note (info at adagio dot com).

Keeping it fair,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Nov 15th, '05, 10:28

by cess » Nov 15th, '05, 10:28

Glad to know Adagio can be acommodating. :D

Nov 15th, '05, 15:14

by teaspoon » Nov 15th, '05, 15:14

I <3 you guys :)

~the affectionate teaspoon

I am the size of 1 tsp.

+ Post Reply